Linkin Park

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Linkin Park ('BURN IT DOWN' COMING SOON)

Post by Andros »

First 'Burn It Down' snippet you can listen here or here

And here are a little bit of the lyrics
We're building it up to break it back down / We're building it up to burn it back down / We can't wait to burn it to the ground
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Andros wrote:First 'Burn It Down' snippet you can listen here or here

We're building it up to break it back down / We're building it up to burn it back down / We can't wait to burn it to the ground

OH MY GOD! that blows hard, what a shitty typical pop chorus!!! i thought they were going to back to more instrument-based arrangements and not more electronic than ever!?!? i sure hope the whole album isn't like this :suicide:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

2712 wrote:
Andros wrote:First 'Burn It Down' snippet you can listen here or here

OH MY GOD! that blows hard, what a shitty typical pop chorus!!! i thought they were going to back to more instrument-based arrangements and not more electronic than ever!?!? i sure hope the whole album isn't like this :suicide:
When I hear for the first time, dind't like, but I hear more times, and I like it :devious:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Well I don't know what 2712 is on about. I really like it - it's pretty much what I expected, just with with a more 'Wretches and Kings' sound to the guitar than actual rock. I'm not saying I prefer that sound to rock, but it fits the bill for the new album. I can't wait to hear the rest of the song.
fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I thought the lyrics were pretty lame and it is kinda pop-ish (I expected that for the first single) but I still like it.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

It sounds like a mix of The Catalyst (Vocals), Wretches & Kings (Guitar), Blackout (Electric) and New Divide (Overall sound). Despite that, it still doesn't sound like it could belong on ATS, nor MTM. Looking forward to hearing the rapping parts. I feel Mike's rapping has been suppressed ever since MTM.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

More news, on Monday we can pre-order the new album from lp.com, according with Mike in his twitter. And you can here another preview here
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

Gregorovich wrote:Well I don't know what 2712 is on about. I really like it - it's pretty much what I expected, just with with a more 'Wretches and Kings' sound to the guitar than actual rock. I'm not saying I prefer that sound to rock, but it fits the bill for the new album. I can't wait to hear the rest of the song.
its just not at all what i was expecting; slow tempo, lame chorus, electronic drums? like, SUPER electronic drums WTF? from what i could gather, i thought they were going back to a more-instrument based arrangements. i hope there will be some songs like that on it. i liked A Thousand Suns, the small interludes all over the place i didn't care for, but there were some good songs (When they Come for Me, Wretches and Kings, Iridescent, Catalyst). i didn't mind Minuets to Midnight, but A Thousand Suns made me realize how disjointed MTM was.

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

2712 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Well I don't know what 2712 is on about. I really like it - it's pretty much what I expected, just with with a more 'Wretches and Kings' sound to the guitar than actual rock. I'm not saying I prefer that sound to rock, but it fits the bill for the new album. I can't wait to hear the rest of the song.
its just not at all what i was expecting; slow tempo, lame chorus, electronic drums? like, SUPER electronic drums WTF? from what i could gather, i thought they were going back to a more-instrument based arrangements. i hope there will be some songs like that on it. i liked A Thousand Suns, the small interludes all over the place i didn't care for, but there were some good songs (When they Come for Me, Wretches and Kings, Iridescent, Catalyst). i didn't mind Minuets to Midnight, but A Thousand Suns made me realize how disjointed MTM was.
To be perfectly honest, you did only hear the first chorus of the song, so I don't think any of us can properly judge it, let alone the album. The song has been described in reviews as quite electo/synth based in comparison to the other tracks LP have sent out to magazines. I still like it though, just hoping the rest of the album will be slightly more organic.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

Gregorovich wrote:
2712 wrote:
To be perfectly honest, you did only hear the first chorus of the song, so I don't think any of us can properly judge it, let alone the album. The song has been described in reviews as quite electo/synth based in comparison to the other tracks LP have sent out to magazines. I still like it though, just hoping the rest of the album will be slightly more organic.
that's totally fair, i guess i spoke too soon on their direction. i guess nowadays you have to release a shitty pop song as the first single to get people to listen to the rest of the album. this could be the only one of its kind on the album and the rest could be hybrid theory type songs. i still like LP, they are very progressive in the sense that they love what they do and aren't afraid of growing or trying new/old things.

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

2712 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
2712 wrote:
that's totally fair, i guess i spoke too soon on their direction. i guess nowadays you have to release a shitty pop song as the first single to get people to listen to the rest of the album. this could be the only one of its kind on the album and the rest could be hybrid theory type songs. i still like LP, they are very progressive in the sense that they love what they do and aren't afraid of growing or trying new/old things.
Though I'm not expecting another album like ATS, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything Nu Metal. The band have said that they don't really don't want to go back to the old formula, and have found a nice medium between the 'hybrid theory' and the more recent electronic poppy stuff. I'd honestly be very surprised to find any songs on this album which are anything like Points of Authority or Faint. I'm expecting more New Divide type stuff.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

New Divide got stale for me after a while. the bridge is the best part, if more of their songs were like that i'd be happy. i hope there's at least one throwback "nu-metal" song in some shape or form. a man can dream...

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

If you go and complete the next 'level', there's a new segment available. It's basically the same as the last, but has Mike rapping after the chorus. Definite electric undertones, though it's not bad.

EDIT: Mike has confirmed that the new album, coming out July, will be entitled, 'Living Things'. The release date, first single, and album artwork are being released tomorrow. Likely a tracklist will follow.

Finally, Mike posted this on his twitter, which sounds pretty cool. I remember hearing it in part while playing the Burn It Down game.
Sebejszczyn

Post by Sebejszczyn »

Gregorovich wrote:Finally, Mike posted this on his twitter, which sounds pretty cool. I remember hearing it in part while playing the Burn It Down game.
It's demo from Minutes to Midnight called "YO" ;) Available on Underground Eleven.
"So give me the drug, Keep me alive, Give me what's left of my life, Don't let me go..."
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Sebejszczyn wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Finally, Mike posted this on his twitter, which sounds pretty cool. I remember hearing it in part while playing the Burn It Down game.
It's demo from Minutes to Midnight called "YO" ;) Available on Underground Eleven.
Oh yeah, I've got LPUXI but totally forgot about that song.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Re: Linkin Park ('LIVING THINGS' COMING JULY)

Post by Andros »

Linkin Park - Living Things 06.26.12 here's the artwork of the new album

And you can hear the new single here

or here (lyric video)
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

i know i bad mouthed the song earlier, and i still don't like it all that much, but i have to admit that this song will grow on me and become a guilty pleasure. its still a pop song with a very basic structure. Mike's verse is the best part of the song and its far better than anything else on minutes to midnight. i hope this is the worst song on the new album.

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Damnit, why do these things always happen while I'm asleep D:

Well, I really like it, though it's a little simpler/predictable that I first imagined. I would have liked to see a more complex structure and definitely some sort of guitar-based bridge. Though I guess simplicity is what a lead single is really all about. As far as the sound goes, I can definitely see a Hybrid Theory influence in it, though it's nothing close to the original album due to the massive electronic sound.

As for the artwork, I have to say that it doesn't beat ATS for me. I know everybody hated that artwork, but I LOVED it. Definitely better than MTM and Meteora, dunno about Hybrid Theory.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Re: Linkin Park ('LIVING THINGS' COMING 26/6/12)

Post by Andros »

The song is awesome. Can't wait to hear 'Castle Of Glass', 'In My Remain', 'I'll Be Gone' and 'Lost In The Echo'. You can read a beautiful blog from Mike about the album and more here.

And this is a video teaser with the album artwork motion
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: Linkin Park ('LIVING THINGS' COMING 26/6/12)

Post by Tyler. »

The song is pretty good, I mean it's pretty much just a pop song but a bit heavier and with decent electronics not shitty stuff. I enjoy it. Also the album art is possibly the coolest album art I've ever seen, love it.