Music Video For 'Blood In My Eyes'

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Music Video For 'Blood In My Eyes'

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

SumGeek wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Did we ever get the proper info on what was in the SBM video?
I've read about it on another forum and I think it was discussed in a thread about the video here some time ago but, anyway, the concept of the video was the band performing and a look-a-like Avril comes in and shoots the band and there was blood everywhere.

Really wish they would post some behind the scenes pics from the video shoot today or something!
THATS AWSOME!!! like....that is SO COOL!! :2cool4u: I really freaking want to see that video! Absolutely GENIUS concept for the song. I'm more anxious with that vid than Blood In My eyes :confusion:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

cladam41 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
I've read about it on another forum and I think it was discussed in a thread about the video here some time ago but, anyway, the concept of the video was the band performing and a look-a-like Avril comes in and shoots the band and there was blood everywhere.

Really wish they would post some behind the scenes pics from the video shoot today or something!
THATS AWSOME!!! like....that is SO COOL!! :2cool4u: I really freaking want to see that video!
Absolutely GENIUS concept for the song. I'm more anxious with that vid than Blood In My eyes :confusion:
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

This post was deleted by cladam41 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 am.

You wuss. Tell us the truth!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

I never knew about that concept for the SBM video, imagined something like it though haha. It sounds very cool though. They must get out of Island and release it, hopefully this shoot goes well. And has something as cool as that idea in it.
Last edited by MetalMilitant41 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

HugoDisasters wrote:This post was deleted by cladam41 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 am.

You wuss. Tell us the truth!
lol, it was just a double post. I added to my last post on the previous page. :hehe:.....WUSS
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Ardi41 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:

these stupid record labels .. i dont get it .. what is so bad about this that they can't release this video .. i mean .. has anybody seen the "you only live once" of suicide silence ? it's almost the same concept ... :suicide:
So weird you mentioned that cause I thought the exact same thing. That video came to mind after I found out about the label not releasing the SBM MV.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

More news from Cone's twitter!
Home from the video shoot. Was quick and easy and in the desert.
And news from Sum 41 twitter!
Video Shoot complete. Thx to Michael Maxxis and his team for their hard work today.
What do you think?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

"Quick and easy"

There goes all hope for a decent music video...
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Hm, I would of thought at least til tomorrow shooting aswell. Can't see a desert tie into BIME. Interesting!
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Andros wrote:More news from Cone's twitter!
Home from the video shoot. Was quick and easy and in the desert.
And news from Sum 41 twitter!
Video Shoot complete. Thx to Michael Maxxis and his team for their hard work today.
What do you think?
Mybe their appearance was quick and easy, but the video have some actors or other characters. Can't wait to see the final result.
I'm my worst enemy
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Haha, loved seeing that person telling off the new guy in this thread. GREAT "welcome to the forum" from a veteran member to a new member. *sarcasm*

I am just going to guess that it will be a video of them playing music in the desert... I doubt it'll be too crazy. Maybe they'll show Deryck in his new walker, because old man has serious back problems, can't even tour!

I hope this one actually gets released! Fingers crossed, my friends.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Big Sean wrote:I hope this one actually gets released! Fingers crossed, my friends.
Genuinely surprised to hear this. Last I heard, you didn't give two sh*ts about that band :ohshiz:
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
Big Sean wrote:I hope this one actually gets released! Fingers crossed, my friends.
Genuinely surprised to hear this. Last I heard, you didn't give two sh*ts about that band :ohshiz:
Yeah, that was my thought too when i read his post :hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

HugoDisasters wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Yeah, that was my thought too when i read his post :hehe:
I don't ever remember Kyle saying he hates the band. As far as I know, he enjoys them just not as much as other people on this forum.
[donate][/donate]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:

This got me thinking, maybe the reason they didn't release it was that Deryck had become good friends with Avril? I mean, even though Deryck said they stayed friends, they didn't really hang out until last year, so I'm sure he had some dark feelings towards her. So maybe the original idea for SBM video was to somehow downgrade Avril, but since Deryck renewed his relationship with Avril, he didn't want to show that video to the world?

Am I way off? :glad:
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:

This got me thinking, maybe the reason they didn't release it was that Deryck had become good friends with Avril? I mean, even though Deryck said they stayed friends, they didn't really hang out until last year, so I'm sure he had some dark feelings towards her. So maybe the original idea for SBM video was to somehow downgrade Avril, but since Deryck renewed his relationship with Avril, he didn't want to show that video to the world?

I'm down for it, unless someone else has a better idea. But it makes sense. Or it could just be that their record company is in the way.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

SickofEveryone wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:

I'm down for it, unless someone else has a better idea. But it makes sense. Or it could just be that their record company is in the way.
i don't think so .. if you think about the album all songs (a lot of them ) are basically about her/the break up .. so a video wouldn't really change that much .. and if you think of pinks videoclip for the song "so what" (I'm sorry for crappy music reference) it was basically the same thing and her ex husband even starred in the clip personally ..
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

SumGeek wrote:

can you imagine if this had been released? Besides us loving it, it would have received SOOOO much publicity simply from its content. I would assume the tabloid shows (like TMZ, or E!) would have totally picked it up and it would have gotten so many more views. It's truly a shame that it never saw the light of day :(
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:

Possibly, but then Blood In My Eyes falls under the same category because the song is more explicit to the relationship than Screaming Bloody Murder. Maybe just the imagery was too disturbing?

If you're right, then I get this feeling Blood In My Eyes has no concept and will just be the band playing in the desert.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:

Possibly, but then Blood In My Eyes falls under the same category because the song is more explicit to the relationship than Screaming Bloody Murder. Maybe just the imagery was too disturbing?

If you're right, then I get this feeling Blood In My Eyes has no concept and will just be the band playing in the desert.
Well yeah, I was going to say that BIME was in the same situation too. It was thought to be the second single, but they chose Baby instead, even though BIME had already been played on radio and got some attention. So maybe Deryck didn't want it to be released as a single anymore?

But now that the song got so much attention with the Grammy nomination, I'm sure both the band and the label thought it would be good to make a video for it.