Grab the popcorn!

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Rate The Latest Movie You've Seen

Post by FuckT41182 »

The Wizard Of Oz - (10/10)
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Crazy Heart - 9/10 - Jeff Daniels was brilliant, deserving of his Oscar for it.
Innocent Moves - 8/10 - Good film about a chess prodigy.
Chronicle - 8.5/10 - Good movie.
Man on a Ledge - 7/10 - Meh, wasn't great.
Scream 1, 2, 3, 4 - 8.5/10, 9/10, 7.5/10, 8/10 - wanted to watch them all together. New one is certainly better than the third, that ending goes on forever.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Chronicle - 8 / 10
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Two Girls One Cup - 7.5/10

The acting had its moments, but the cinematography wasn't great.
fuck this signature nonsense
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

mulan 10/10, man i know this movie scene by scene, almost line by line
A nightmare on elm street, 10/10, friking love it, i had to saty over at my friend's coz she got scared, she's 21 :suicide:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Touching the Void - 9/10
The Muppets - 8/10
Jeremy Kill
Rate The Latest Movie You've Seen

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Chronicle - 8/10, I want superpowers, man!
The Collapsed - 3/10, Terrible!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Every Harold & Kumar movie - 10/10

Seriously. Watch them. All of them.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Gregorovich wrote:Every Harold & Kumar movie - 10/10

Love those!
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Rate The Latest Movie You've Seen

Post by 182sins »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Every Harold & Kumar movie - 10/10

Love those!
Yeah they're great, but I think the last one is less funny than the first 2 movies !
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i just finished watching "The Host", a South Korean film from 2006 and oh my god it was bad. let me break it down:

overall plot: good
Flow: bad
Characters: terrible, especially the first hour and 20 minutes.
special effects: sub-par, but not bad.
Music: WTF?!?! who picked this soundtrack? they should seriously not do any movies ever.
english dubbing: SHIT. why dub people screaming and crying? they AREN'T SAYING WORDS!! at least TRY to put the same emotion into it!
believability: absolutely not. if this were to happen in real life, all of south korea would be eaten by this fucking monster, cause not one single person will have any idea what to do.

all in all, 2/10...

if i knew how to speak Korean then maybe it'd get a higher score, but the dubbing really dragged it down.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

La Strada 8/10 (Italian)
Obchod Na Korze (The Shop On Main Street 8.5/10 (Slovak)
Un condamné à mort s'est échappé ou Le vent souffle où il veut (A Man Escaped) 10/10 (French)
The Elephant Man 10/10 (USA)

Some really good movies I've watched in the past few weeks
2712 wrote:if i knew how to speak Korean then maybe it'd get a higher score, but the dubbing really dragged it down.
this is why I watch all the movies in other than English language with English subtitles ... You know, I couldn't watch masterpieces like Shichinin No Samurai or Rashomon with dubbing, the actors in those movies are too good for that ...

It's like when people in my country tell me that they've seen Snatch and Lock Stock dubbed, and I'm like, wtf, it's bullshit, you can't watch these movies without the original voices
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Regarding Henry (8/10) (it would have been 7/10 but it got 1+ harrison ford bonus)
The Witness (9/10) (Harrison Ford Bonus 1+)
Frantic (10/10) (Harrison Ford Bonus 1+)
The Fugitive (12/10) (Harrison Ford + Tomy Lee Jones Bonus +2)
Pulp Fiction (10/10)
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

FuckT41182 wrote:
2712 wrote:if i knew how to speak Korean then maybe it'd get a higher score, but the dubbing really dragged it down.
this is why I watch all the movies in other than English language with English subtitles ... You know, I couldn't watch masterpieces like Shichinin No Samurai or Rashomon with dubbing, the actors in those movies are too good for that ...

It's like when people in my country tell me that they've seen Snatch and Lock Stock dubbed, and I'm like, wtf, it's bullshit, you can't watch these movies without the original voices
i agree, but if i wanna read a bunch of subtitles i might as well read a book. when i watched the swedish version of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with english dubs, it was great. The Host, not so much...
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

2712 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

i agree, but if i wanna read a bunch of subtitles i might as well read a book. when i watched the swedish version of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with english dubs, it was great. The Host, not so much...
Yeah, sometimes it can be done pretty well, but it never beats the original, in some cases dubbing can even fuck up the meaning of the whole movie which is usually caused by enormous stupidity of the people who were dubbing it ...
I mean, have you watched any Kurosawa's movies ? Toshirô Mifune's voice and the way he uses it simply cannot be imitated, and if it is than it is, at least in my opinion, a big loss to the watcher...

But everyone should watch movies their own way, I personally don't watch any dubbed movies because of the reasons that I've stated, but if you don't mind the things that I do, than it's cool
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

FuckT41182 wrote: Yeah, sometimes it can be done pretty well, but it never beats the original, in some cases dubbing can even fuck up the meaning of the whole movie which is usually caused by enormous stupidity of the people who were dubbing it ...
I mean, have you watched any Kurosawa's movies ? Toshirô Mifune's voice and the way he uses it simply cannot be imitated, and if it is than it is, at least in my opinion, a big loss to the watcher...

But everyone should watch movies their own way, I personally don't watch any dubbed movies because of the reasons that I've stated, but if you don't mind the things that I do, than it's cool
I hate watching movies with german dub -.- they just seem to fuck up everything about the movie ... I mean .. i have never watched an asian movie with the original sound but english subtitles because i think even if you watch them like that .. you still dont know what they are really saying .. you only know what the people who did the subtitles translated.. so its basically more or less the same thing like watching the movie dubbed .. the only thing that would be good about it is that you won't lose the actors real acting performance but on the other hand i personally would never watch an english movie in another language than english ! especially dialogue based movies like pulp fiction or lucky number slevin (or snatch :winkwink: ) !
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote: Yeah, sometimes it can be done pretty well, but it never beats the original, in some cases dubbing can even fuck up the meaning of the whole movie which is usually caused by enormous stupidity of the people who were dubbing it ...

I hate watching movies with german dub -.- they just seem to fuck up everything about the movie ... I mean .. i have never watched an asian movie with the original sound but english subtitles because i think even if you watch them like that .. you still dont know what they are really saying .. you only know what the people who did the subtitles translated.. so its basically more or less the same thing like watching the movie dubbed .. the only thing that would be good about it is that you won't lose the actors real acting performance but on the other hand i personally would never watch an english movie in another language than english ! especially dialogue based movies like pulp fiction or lucky number slevin (or snatch :winkwink: ) !
yeah, the subtitles still cannot transform the originalities from one language to another, there are sayings, metaphors and that kind of stuff in every language and they cannot be translated literally, but at least you can hear his/her voice and most of the language is translated right
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

Eurotrip - 10/10 One of the greatest ever made.

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Only Big Penises Will Survive - 10/10
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

FuckT41182 wrote:Only Big Penises Will Survive - 10/10
Sounds like your type of thing.

Jumanji 9/10 - was anyone else scared of this movie when they were kids? :blush: