Boring Day (Short Film)

Show us the funniest stuff you can find!
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Boring Day (Short Film)

Post by Noreason757 »

This is a short film i wrote, directed, and did the music for, if you guys could check it out and tell me what you think it would mean a lot.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Boring Day (Short Film)

Post by Ardi41 »

i didn't really get the point of this video ^^
Noreason757
Hooch

Post by Noreason757 »

Ardi41 wrote:i didn't really get the point of this video ^^
its just about this guy who has a really boring life and doesn't really do anything everyday, its kinda straightforward.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I found it rather boring.
Filespit
Bunkface
First name: Peter

Post by Filespit »

I'll try to give you a bit of feedback, hope you can get some positives out of it =).

I get the point of the film, the guy's having a boring day, but you present it in a rather boring way. All he does is slacking around and nothing really happens, which I suppose is the point. If he, as you say, has a boring life you should try presenting a bit of frustration. Having a boring life must be frustrating, right? The "banging-his-head-against-the-table-scene" is a good start though. The story is clear, but could be presented in a better way.

The camera also wobbles a bit too much me thinks, you should use a tripod (is that the word?) next time, at least for some scenes. Some of the scenes you have are a bit too long as well, following him around with the camera makes it rather uninteresting. Having the camera inside the refridgerator is a classic move though, so good job there. Another quite important thing when filming that I've learned is the light. The start of the film is rather dark, which lowers the "quality". Have that in mind next time. Hope that gave you something! =)
Noreason757
Hooch

Post by Noreason757 »

Filespit wrote:I'll try to give you a bit of feedback, hope you can get some positives out of it =).

I get the point of the film, the guy's having a boring day, but you present it in a rather boring way. All he does is slacking around and nothing really happens, which I suppose is the point. If he, as you say, has a boring life you should try presenting a bit of frustration. Having a boring life must be frustrating, right? The "banging-his-head-against-the-table-scene" is a good start though. The story is clear, but could be presented in a better way.

The camera also wobbles a bit too much me thinks, you should use a tripod (is that the word?) next time, at least for some scenes. Some of the scenes you have are a bit too long as well, following him around with the camera makes it rather uninteresting. Having the camera inside the refridgerator is a classic move though, so good job there. Another quite important thing when filming that I've learned is the light. The start of the film is rather dark, which lowers the "quality". Have that in mind next time. Hope that gave you something! =)
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated, i have a tripod but for the scenes where i have to move, a tripod would be no help, i would need a dolly or a steadycam for that but those are really expensive. im shooting a new short film in a couple of weeks so tht one should be much better, i dont think this one is necessarily bad tho, but as you said it could have been presented better and i agree, thanks for watching :glad:
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Thanks. That made me sleepy. Tell your bud to get a fuckin' haircut! I'm going to bed now. It's 4 AM. Sweet dreams.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]