Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I wish this would've made the album...
I think the chords are the same as Jessica Kill.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
Noreason757 wrote:well i think that the intro to skumfuk is from a song called all comes to an end, and also that a part from jessica kill is from the same song, cause in jessica kill it has a part thts all like "all of this comes to an end and i cannot resist your dead" i mean it fits well in jessica kill but mayb thts why they didnt finish tht song cause its fits better in jessica kill, so then they had leftover stuff from the song so out comes the skumfuk intro.
Nic could give us the answer, since he's heard the demo version of JK. :winkwink:
the jk demo sounded a lot like the final product, that's what he told me..
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I wish this would've made the album...
What I never realised about that clip is that if you listen untill the end you can hear another heavier guitar come in. That would have made such an awesome track. I just wish that the Sums were more like Zebrahead and release all their non-album-worthy stuff. Ironically, Deryck is just too concerned with the perfection of the band's releases. :suicide:
fuck this signature nonsense
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah I really liked that update video from the moment it was released and It sucked that this song didn't make it, but I think this guitar in the end was used for the bridge of Blood In My Eyes. Maybe kinda differently and in a different tempo but it sounds kinda like that bridge in BIME.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I wish this would've made the album...
What I never realised about that clip is that if you listen untill the end you can hear another heavier guitar come in. That would have made such an awesome track. I just wish that the Sums were more like Zebrahead and release all their non-album-worthy stuff. Ironically, Deryck is just too concerned with the perfection of the band's releases. :suicide:
I'd seriously pay 80 bucks for unreleased songs!
Island Def Jam, PROMOTE THEM!!! PROMOTE THEM!!

I went to my local CD store which was in a mall that's quite large. I asked if they had ANY Sum 41 record.

And my answer was... None....
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, we the addicted Sum 41 fans will pay a lot of money to see some unreleased stuff (especially from the SBM sessions, these b-sides sound the most interesting ones), so I think the best solution for both the Sums and Island (since I don't think either of them likes each other, the Sums hate the way the label treat them and the label just doesn't want to promote them), Island should make their last album with the Sums on the contract a b-sides album/EP.

They should just make Deryck compile all these songs that almost made SBM (and I guess some Chuck and UH stuff could be great too) and release this b-sides album/EP like early 2012 or whatever, this way we'll have some new stuff to listen to, and the Sums will end their contract will Island letting them move on to a better label that will promote them and invest in them.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I can't wait for them to stop working with Island... I remember when Deryck wanted to post a song but he was not allowed because of Island... Maybe he will release more songs when he will be free from them !
Last edited by 182sins on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

I think the reason why the Sums don't release b-sides is because Deryck likes to recycle. He even said that he took parts of songs that he didn't use and put them into other songs that are on the album, like Skumfuk and I think Bloody In My Eyes
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, we the addicted Sum 41 fans will pay a lot of money to see some unreleased stuff (especially from the SBM sessions, these b-sides sound the most interesting ones), so I think the best solution for both the Sums and Island (since I don't think either of them likes each other, the Sums hate the way the label treat them and the label just doesn't want to promote them), Island should make their last album with the Sums on the contract a b-sides album/EP.

They should just make Deryck compile all these songs that almost made SBM (and I guess some Chuck and UH stuff could be great too) and release this b-sides album/EP like early 2012 or whatever, this way we'll have some new stuff to listen to, and the Sums will end their contract will Island letting them move on to a better label that will promote them and invest in them.
This.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Has anyone listened to the new album on their Playstation 3? The transitions from song to song are cross faded, but it makes the flow from Sick of Everyone to Happiness Machine a lot smoother and less "stop and start" like you would usually hear on the album.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

HugoDisasters wrote:I'd seriously pay 80 bucks for unreleased songs!
Island Def Jam, PROMOTE THEM!!! PROMOTE THEM!!

I went to my local CD store which was in a mall that's quite large. I asked if they had ANY Sum 41 record.

And my answer was... None....
THAT HAPPENS TO ME TOO!!!!
EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

They have nothing, some of the stores I went into said when they have a new album they'll get stuff in, I said they had a new album out a month ago, and the guy just walked away!!
Jeremy Kill wrote:Has anyone listened to the new album on their Playstation 3? The transitions from song to song are cross faded, but it makes the flow from Sick of Everyone to Happiness Machine a lot smoother and less "stop and start" like you would usually hear on the album.
Am I the only one without this problem?!?!? Cause on my iPod there's no gaps or pauses. Are you sure you have it on gapless album?
KingofBillySpleen
First name: Jared
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Vocals
Last.fm Username: None

Post by KingofBillySpleen »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, we the addicted Sum 41 fans will pay a lot of money to see some unreleased stuff (especially from the SBM sessions, these b-sides sound the most interesting ones), so I think the best solution for both the Sums and Island (since I don't think either of them likes each other, the Sums hate the way the label treat them and the label just doesn't want to promote them), Island should make their last album with the Sums on the contract a b-sides album/EP.

Its a great idea. It's like what Green Day did with Shenanigans releasing all the b-sides they made up to that point.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

Why we the hardcore fans not promote the idea of Hentaiman? I mean we are practically a legion of fans who would like to hear b-sides, demos, rare stuff, etc. A way to get the attention of IR.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Andros wrote:Why we the hardcore fans not promote the idea of Hentaiman? I mean we are practically a legion of fans who would like to hear b-sides, demos, rare stuff, etc. A way to get the attention of IR.
And how exactly do you think we would get the attention from IR?
Their Facebook and Twitter accounts are totally ignorant to fans' postings, and I can't find any contact information on their site.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

As much as I think it would be a really great idea, tha fact is that neither the band or the label would listen. The fact is that while we may pay for a b-sides record, the general public wouldn't. And, as we all know, that's all that matters to IR.
fuck this signature nonsense
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

Last edited by 182sins on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

wtf

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Stef wrote:wtf
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

"Money money money" or the song that should be called "The IR Song"
Does that make sense now ? :hehe:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

TomiT14 wrote:
Andros wrote:Why we the hardcore fans not promote the idea of Hentaiman? I mean we are practically a legion of fans who would like to hear b-sides, demos, rare stuff, etc. A way to get the attention of IR.
And how exactly do you think we would get the attention from IR?
Their Facebook and Twitter accounts are totally ignorant to fans' postings, and I can't find any contact information on their site.
Unfortunately I don't know, but that can be considered a challenge for us