Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by UltraKolby »

TFYTG is a really good song, I like it much better than BYDWTK. WAITS would be a lot better if the chorus was better but the verse and bridge are awesome. The one thing I can't stand on the album is Skumfuk's new intro, its soooo annoying, it doesn't even fit with the song. It would be better if it was on a different song.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

UltraKolby wrote:TFYTG is a really good song, I like it much better than BYDWTK. WAITS would be a lot better if the chorus was better but the verse and bridge are awesome. The one thing I can't stand on the album is Skumfuk's new intro, its soooo annoying, it doesn't even fit with the song. It would be better if it was on a different song.
Wow, everything you said here I agree with, all the way. :winkwink:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

UltraKolby wrote:The one thing I can't stand on the album is Skumfuk's new intro, its soooo annoying, it doesn't even fit with the song. It would be better if it was on a different song.
It probably was. But that song (All Comes To An End?) didn't make it, so they added the part from that song to Skumfuk.
At least that's my theory.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
UltraKolby wrote:The one thing I can't stand on the album is Skumfuk's new intro, its soooo annoying, it doesn't even fit with the song. It would be better if it was on a different song.
It probably was. But that song (All Comes To An End?) didn't make it, so they added the part from that song to Skumfuk.
Well All Comes To An End was just Skumfuk's working title, so I rather doubt there was another with that name. Given the 'patchwork' nature of the album, however, I can see the intro coming from another song completely (it was added in at the last minute, after all).
fuck this signature nonsense
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

It should be slipt as an interlude!

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Well All Comes To An End was just Skumfuk's working title, so I rather doubt there was another with that name. Given the 'patchwork' nature of the album, however, I can see the intro coming from another song completely (it was added in at the last minute, after all).
Deryck even said that he took pieces of songs and put them in other songs.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Skumfuk was one of the first titles we heard for SBM, along with Jessica Kill and Sm Wmat. So why would it be suddenly called All Comes To An End a year later, then back to Skumfuk?
Otherwise I would've said the title is false, but Deryck said it was a working title, so that about confirms it being a title for an unreleased/unfinished song.

That would explain why the label handed out the false tracklist. Imagine the label listening to the album song-by-song to write the titles down, but only listening to the first seconds. "This one is RTB, *skip to next*, this is SBM, *skip*, this is All Comes To An End, *skip*", and so on.

:silly:
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I wish the intro to Skumfuk was a whole song, I like it, but its true, doesn't really fit with the song. Like the intro and outro fit together, but not with the middle.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I think that instead of the "album noises" (that's how I like to call them) before Reason To Believe, the Sums should start their shows with the Skumfuk intro playing on the background, and when it would be time for the drums to come in, instead Stevo would start playing the drums for Reason To Believe. :silly:
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

I think the Skumfuk intro should have been longer and have had a bridge and been a separate track :happy:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

and I think we should stop thinking and enjoy it the way it is

FUCK YEAH i said something smart!

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Stef wrote:and I think we should stop thinking and enjoy it the way it is

+1
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Skumfuk was one of the first titles we heard for SBM, along with Jessica Kill and Sm Wmat. So why would it be suddenly called All Comes To An End a year later, then back to Skumfuk?
Otherwise I would've said the title is false, but Deryck said it was a working title, so that about confirms it being a title for an unreleased/unfinished song.

That would explain why the label handed out the false tracklist. Imagine the label listening to the album song-by-song to write the titles down, but only listening to the first seconds. "This one is RTB, *skip to next*, this is SBM, *skip*, this is All Comes To An End, *skip*", and so on.

Aha! Clever... Very clever...

I actually think that must be it. I could easily see the Skumfuk intro being a song of its own called All Comes to an End. It has that kind of vibe to it... Confirmation? :silly:
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Aha! Clever... Very clever...

I actually think that must be it. I could easily see the Skumfuk intro being a song of its own called All Comes to an End. It has that kind of vibe to it... Confirmation? :silly:
Yeah, especially the opening line of "Take the pictures off the wall / Erase the thoughts, forget them all" sounds like a definite end, hence the title. :silly:

Was supposed to ask the band about this, but I forgot. We should ask Deryck or Cone about it.
Too bad that we only got a partial song pasted on a previously released song, rather than getting a whole new exciting song. :sosad:
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

See, I can't do that with a Sum 41 album. I wait multiple years only to be let down by a band I used to love. It's tough to enjoy a product that you know could be so much better.

With that being said, I am starting to enjoy the album a lot more. The songs I like, the first 5 or so songs as well as Blood In My Eyes, they make me want to listen to the album more and more. I am beginning to enjoy the band's lyrics again even though I know they aren't the best. I'm beginning to listen to it more often. It's 200x better than the shit pile that was Underclass Hero.

It's a grower.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

ah yeah Kyle is coming back
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

well i think that the intro to skumfuk is from a song called all comes to an end, and also that a part from jessica kill is from the same song, cause in jessica kill it has a part thts all like "all of this comes to an end and i cannot resist your dead" i mean it fits well in jessica kill but mayb thts why they didnt finish tht song cause its fits better in jessica kill, so then they had leftover stuff from the song so out comes the skumfuk intro.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Mothafucking Monster wrote:

See, I can't do that with a Sum 41 album. I wait multiple years only to be let down by a band I used to love. It's tough to enjoy a product that you know could be so much better.

With that being said, I am starting to enjoy the album a lot more. The songs I like, the first 5 or so songs as well as Blood In My Eyes, they make me want to listen to the album more and more. I am beginning to enjoy the band's lyrics again even though I know they aren't the best. I'm beginning to listen to it more often. It's 200x better than the shit pile that was Underclass Hero.

It's a grower.
:happy:

The lyrics may not be as memorable as previous albums, but I like to think that there are some clever ones in there. As for the Skumfuk intro, I like it, but I agree that it could've been better fit as a song on its own. I'll admit though that compared to Underclass Hero, Screaming Bloody Murder feels less "complete" as if there was more room for growth on the album. That may just be because of all the ideas that were crammed into a single song and the cutting and pasting they did with certain riffs and songs, etc.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Noreason757 wrote:well i think that the intro to skumfuk is from a song called all comes to an end, and also that a part from jessica kill is from the same song, cause in jessica kill it has a part thts all like "all of this comes to an end and i cannot resist your dead" i mean it fits well in jessica kill but mayb thts why they didnt finish tht song cause its fits better in jessica kill, so then they had leftover stuff from the song so out comes the skumfuk intro.
Nic could give us the answer, since he's heard the demo version of JK. :winkwink:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Mothafucking Monster wrote:

It's a grower.
If you learn to appreciate ADROOH, then you'll appreciate the rest of the album.