First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Spotify

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:
2712 wrote:I'm an audio engineer and 320kbps MP3s are not CD quality, they are close but they aren't quite as good. Sure I suppose you can argue that it doesn't make a noticeable difference, and that's true. I'm just saying, what does spotify have for me that I dont already have?

I buy most of my CDs, just because my car doesn't have a decent iPod hook up. I havent bought a new album since SBM, mainly cause the music store here sucks and charge 15$ for new releases :/

Also, is spotify just streaming music, or can I download too for that monthy fee? I'd like to see a catalogue of all their available tracks before I have to sign up if I could. Not that it matters because it's not in Canada yet...
the point is, it's an instant access to like 13 million tracks in one program, it's brilliant depending on what you will use it for. like me, I use it 8 hours a day at work. I'm not allowed to put my own music on my work computer, and I don't have my complete music collection on my phone (becuase it won't fit) so I use Spotify. I can listen to all the music I want (if it's on Spotify) all day every day for £4.99 a month. if I read about a band on a website, I can check them out on Spotify (if they have any music on there!) without having to buy or download there album.

I definitely recommend everyone checking it out if they can and if it's available in their country, it's a fantastic service.
That sounds quite handy. I'm terrible at checking out new bands because I don't want to download a torrent or search YouTube for songs. This sounds like if a band is on Spotify, all their music will be readily available to listen to, which would be really nice. I hope it comes to Canada soon.
ages ago you mentioned about checking out The Weekend Kids, I typed it in on Spotify and hey-ho, their album was on there!

also, I have a few invites if anyone needs one?
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Forgot to mention it you can also play music on your hard drive with Spotify.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Forgot to mention it you can also play music on your hard drive with Spotify.
have you imported your music into Spotify? if so, what's it like? as I only use Spotify at work, I haven't imported any music into it.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Bobbyjames wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:Forgot to mention it you can also play music on your hard drive with Spotify.
have you imported your music into Spotify? if so, what's it like? as I only use Spotify at work, I haven't imported any music into it.
I've never tried it. Don't use Spotify that much. Also, the import feature doesn't work so well on wine.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:
I've never tried it. Don't use Spotify that much. Also, the import feature doesn't work so well on wine.
Isn't there a native linux version?
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Jake! wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:
Isn't there a native linux version?
There is but only for premium members and I don't use it enough to warrant the money to pay for it. Apparently they haven't found a decent way to add advertisements into the source code.
[donate][/donate]
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

If you import music from your hard drive to spotify the songs are like any other spotify songs/albums. You find them if you search them. But if you make playlist including songs from your computer you can't listen to them at other computer. It's just a player in that sense.