Moderator: Jeremy Kill

dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Re: Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Post by dbauer91 »

Ashasx wrote:
I can't think of any Canadian rock band with more hits in the 00s than Sum 41.

3 days grace and nickelback sadly, but the sums are obviously far BETTER than these bands.
ctoan

Post by ctoan »

Don't listen to that stupid sputnik reviewer. His review is so unprofessional that it makes me feel like it was written by a 12 year old; I mean he said the album "sucks" how childish is that?

By reading the review I can feel a strong hatred; basically the review is biased. He's obviously a "Sum 41 purist" who only likes the old stuff with Dave "brownsound" or he is just plainly hates the band so much that he's pissed off with them.

He must be a Yellowcard fan because he gave their new album a good review. But Sum 41's new album is nowhere near as bad as what he says it is. IMO it's their best musically; they've matured a lot. I'm not a big fan of AKNF or UH (they're not bad) but I like Chuck & DTLI and this new one, fair enough it has flaws; but still a good album.

Another thing that makes me sick is that people are listening to him, people won't listen to the album because of this guy. They're saying shit like "good review, I won't listen". They let other people make up their mind or opinions for them; how close-minded can some people get?

At the end of the day it's the old saying "one person's trash is another person's treasure". What one person calls rubbish, another will love. Good and bad are opinion based words. Opinions are just words and nothing more, we all should know this; the band knows this, especially Deryck. He isn't phased by reviews and he has stated that many times; he clearly doesn't give a fuck.

"Opinions, they're not even worth the paper they're written on", Quote from Deryck.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

I saw all the comments on Sputnik, since scumfuk came out last summer, and were all like that review : full of hate. So i'M not surprised reading that shit.
Well after the worst review, maybe the best :
http://www.shakefire.com/reviews/cd/sum ... ody-murder
RATING 4.5/4
I'm my worst enemy
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

What I loved about that review is about how he embraced the fact that Sum 41 have grown the fuck up, and not dismissed it as a bad commercial move. Good on ya, sport.
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

stevo32 wrote:I saw all the comments on Sputnik, since scumfuk came out last summer, and were all like that review : full of hate. So i'M not surprised reading that shit.
Well after the worst review, maybe the best :
http://www.shakefire.com/reviews/cd/sum ... ody-murder
RATING 4.5/4
That's pretty epic.
That is how i would rate it too.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

lol, when you mentioned death metal, and how you don't like it, the guy responds by saying that just because you don't like death metal, doesn't mean it's terrible. That's EXACTLY what they did with this album. Just because they have a hate for Sum 41, doesn't mean they're terrible.

Hypocrites.
Last edited by Ashasx on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill
Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Ah, they shouldn't have reviewers that tack on so much of their own bias to the review. It makes them look really unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Ah, they shouldn't have reviewers that tack on so much of their own bias to the review. It makes them look really unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True that.

In general, i'd say Fuck reviewers.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

@ashasx and tyler, no offense but you guys are kinda a main reason why the album rating's going down. alot of people are downgrading it solely to piss hardcore sum fans off. i disagree w/ the rating a ton too but i guarantee that me complaining about it nonstop will only add fuel to the haters' fire.
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

Read what I've written before you relate me to some other guys from some Russian fan site who don't know what an opinion is. I've probably been the most open minded person in that discussion. I've said nothing to aggrevate anybody. I said earlier on that I disagree with the review, and stated why.

The only reason why I started to comment again today was some asshole was calling me an idiot for giving the album a high rating. It seems that he can't understand an opinion either. At least I showed some respect to the reviewer, even though I still think most of what he's said is blind hatred.

And for the points Tyler has made, I actually agreed with most of them, but they are choosing to ignore him because they simply don't have the answers. His comments about death metal may have been unneeded, but it brought out a lot of hypocrites.

Sum 41 is my favorite band, I've followed them for 10 years. I usually don't care about reviews, but I don't like people spreading false information about them or calling me a child for liking them. At least, I believe I've handled myself well.
Last edited by Ashasx on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I don't care about the rating much any more. The review was terrible, he has no arguments to say it wasn't, and the members with lots of posts on there are trolling it up more than any of us.

Aside from my death metal comments, everything I have said is legitimate and they just haven't replied because they have no arguments against it.

Anyone with any bit of sense will see that, the review is a ridiculously low score, they'll wonder why, and see there's a bucket load of comments. They'll check those comments out and seeing our posts and the lack of backing up from the reviewer and his defenders, and realise they should check the album out.

The number of trolling dumb ass long term members on there is ridiculous, and people that google screaming bloody murder review, and have never been on that site before, will see the comments and realise they should check the album out regardless of the review.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

The reviewers from these sites are cock noshers that resemble shit head:

Who listen to nothing but Tegan & Sara with some Pinkfloyd thrown in.

Fuck these motherfuckers and their tight ass pants.

Go album.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

i hate how it says this album sucks because the brown guy left. other than being a little racist this guy seems to know nothing about sum 41
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

That has got to be the funniest review I've ever seen, I couldn't help but laugh at how the guy was a total D-bag and had some kind of grudge against the band. I don't know how anybody could literally take that review seriously. But what evs it's he's opinion.

Even if he has a really shitty one.
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
ctoan

Post by ctoan »

How old is the reviewer, because he sounds like he's a 12 year-old and very illiterate. He obviously has ill will towards the band. That review was fucking shit-house. The only reviews I pay attention to are the allmusic ones; they're actually done by professionals (well... most of the time). But at the end of the day, If you like it, who gives a fuck?

Reviews are only one's opinion and nothing more, Deryck knows this and he doesn't give a shit about them, why should we?

Listen to the music, don't be a close-minded idiot, don't argue, just shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down and listen.
If you like it; then sweet as!!, if you don't; then it's obviously does nothing for you, so go find something else.

Music is for listening to; not arguing over.
Arguing over music? what a big waste of fucking time! I could use that time to go and get some sunlight or exercise, or be lazy, kick back and have a beer! Whatever your hobbies are!
phatass
Ma Poubelle
AKA: Underclass Brownie
Instrument 1: Drums for a band
Instrument 2: Guitar as a hobby

Post by phatass »

stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

I'm my worst enemy
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

holy ass, that sputnik review was bathed in bias
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Love it how all the negative reviews talk excusively about AKNF yet the good ones concentrate on what is good about this album.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:Love it how all the negative reviews talk excusively about AKNF yet the good ones concentrate on what is good about this album.
I guess that just goes to show how much impact All Killer had on the world and how little the following albums affected everyone.

I don't understand how a band like Sum 41 will get slammed for trying something new (people seem to be complaining they're not making the songs we used to love them for: Fat Lip, In Too Deep), but a band like Blink-182 gets critical acclaim for their last album.