Instrument 2: guitar

Re: Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Post by Noreason757 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:That reviewer is a douchebag
BrentF
First name: Brent

Post by BrentF »

The sputnikmusic one annoys me because that is the only review so far and it is turning off anyone thinking of listening to the album.
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

I don't understand that review. Judging by the way he never even reviewed the album, just talked trash about the band and their past songs, he NEVER liked Sum 41.

Why would you get somebody who simply has never liked the band to review one of their albums? Would you get me to review a Britney Spears album? Absolutely not. I hate that type of music, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

All this guy said was that the band should have broken up in 2004. He's an idiot.

I surely hope Deryck doesn't take these types of opinions to heart.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

OMFG what a douchebag totally, makes me feel sick and angry that people are giving them such bad reviews.
I totally and utterly disagree, Sum 41 are progressing, growing from strength to strength.

I do think maybe they were probably a little better live in some ways back during the DTLI era as from experience but in some ways they've improved as well, they have more upbeat, clearer sound now than did before which I think is great. Love them always no matter what !
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I really think well be seeing a different sum 41 from now on. If you think about it, 1990s were the pre-island years, 2000-06 were the old-school Dave years, 2007-11 were the avril years and now the sums are entering a new phase with the new label and avril long out the picture. Each different era carried with it it's own specific type of music and generated it's own response.

Get ready for a new Sum 41, skumfuks!
Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Zell1010 »

Reviewers love to slate bands that were very popular and have now declined in popularity.
Unfortunately, because Fat Lip was so popular, they are always going to be compared to that (similar to Green Day and Dookie).
Because UH was slated by critics, the same critics are likely to be assuming that SBM is more of the same.
The comments saying that Dave leaving is the reason why the band apparently "sucks" now are far too easy to say and stems of no investigation into the matter.

Those are just a couple of things about the review on sputnik. I don't agree with it at all. However it's his opinion and he is entitled to it. But you have your own as well. If you like it, thats all that matters, and fuck anyone else who mocks you for it. I'm sure if Deryck was handed that review to read, he wouldn't care too much about it, and neither should anyone else.

As Underclass Hero was seen as a failure, so are the band. As Fat Lip was such a huge song, they will always be compared to that until they have a huge radio friendly hit again. But at the end of the day, if they are still playing to packed out shows, and drawing in loads of people (see Warped Tour last year), and still have people singing the new songs they write, they must be doing something right.

Either that, or the reviewer is just bitter that Deryck was married to Avril.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

By their standards, every single punk band in the entire world is getting worse ever since a peak in the punk era (200-2004). that is just impossible, and completely irrational.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:By their standards, every single punk band in the entire world is getting worse ever since a peak in the punk era (200-2004). that is just impossible, and completely irrational.
well,I didn't hear any punk band in that era , cause punk ended ages ago ...but I still love it !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:By their standards, every single punk band in the entire world is getting worse ever since a peak in the punk era (200-2004). that is just impossible, and completely irrational.
well,I didn't hear any punk band in that era , cause punk ended ages ago ...but I still love it !
Well I mean pop-punk. the early '00s was the peak of pop-punk. bands like sum 41 and blink 182 surfaced and became popular instantly because its what the public wanted. now nobody gives a shit about good ol' rock and are fixated on pop. so, naturally, nothing these rock bands produce will be viewed highly as they cant recreate the original feeling of listening to a good rock song and knowing you werent completely alone in doing so
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Well I mean pop-punk. the early '00s was the peak of pop-punk. bands like sum 41 and blink 182 surfaced and became popular instantly because its what the public wanted. now nobody gives a shit about good ol' rock and are fixated on pop. so, naturally, nothing these rock bands produce will be viewed highly as they cant recreate the original feeling of listening to a good rock song and knowing you werent completely alone in doing so
well Blink 182 had to fight their way through,cause at first,nobody really cared about them :) and after the big success of Blink 182 all the major label companies were just looking for any band who can try to be like them,B182 definitely had the hardest fight to put up ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Wtf that idiot doesn't know anything about the band. Sum 41 isn't like blink-182, UH was a bit like Green Day, but I've never heard blink-182 in sum 41. He fails to understand that DTLI, Chuck, and this album aren't in the pop punk or punk rock genre at all, so why is he even comparing it to their old stuff. He somehow compares Fat Lip to Still Waiting, what?

I never knew Violence was a rip off of Pull the Curtain, what? Just because the intro has quiet bits that then go to distortion parts? That's hardly a rip.

He never actually reviews the new album at all, beside saying it takes from old stuff or something?!?! Which it never does.
Ashasx
Bunkface

Post by Ashasx »

The guy thinks he's "backed up" all his points, when he hasn't even come close. No point in arguing with somebody that thinks his opinion is always correct and righteous.

dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

blah.
Last edited by dbauer91 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Lol I'm pretty mad, bringing all my hate to sputnik

They're all abusing me haha, so classic. They're a bunch of morons that think because they have lost of posts and are haters their un-backed up points have more truth than my un-backed up points
Last edited by Tyler. on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Post by 182sins »

Didn't even try to read the review, I just read the comments on that site and they made me smile! I feel just sorry for the people who won't listen to it because of that review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

guys what you gotta realize is that people are starting to downgrade the rating for 2 reasons:

1) the review, which alot of people base their rating off. granted it's unfortunate, but there are tons of ignorant "sum 41 = blink-182/fat lip" people out there who will base their rating off what other people write than how the album actually sounds. plus, there'll eventually be some positive reviews out there on sputnik, so over time it'll balance out hopefully.

2) us. most people are bumping down the rating solely to piss off defenders of the album such as ourselves. for example, someone who gave it a 1 has chuck as a 5, and (granted i haven't heard the album yet), i trust it's almost as good as chuck, if not better, so obviously the kid's just bumping down the rating to piss us off - even though he probably likes it given his chuck rating. so the best thing to do is stop adding fuel to their fire sadly.
Ashasx
Bunkface

Post by Ashasx »

I guess people like being told what to think.

"good review, won't be listening to this, but i'll still rate it" - 1 star

Whatever

Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

It must be a pretty terribe site if that's one of their best reviewers to be honest. They all seem like a bunch of morons. I don't understand why a Sum 41 hater would review the album.
Ashasx
Bunkface

Post by Ashasx »

There are many things which make make angry about the review and the comments, but the thing which pisses me off the most is how he says the band needs to break up, that they are one hit wonders. How can the guy honestly say that the band is not only ripping off other bands, but themselves? That everyone of their hits are ripoffs of Fat Lip? Unbelievable bias.

I can't think of any Canadian rock band with more hits in the 00s than Sum 41.

Really, is this supposed to be a professional review? Sounds like it was written by Simple Plan. Completely unnecessary.