Am I the only one who dosent like SBM?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

BennerKB6
First name: Kyle
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Am I the only one who dosent like SBM?

Post by BennerKB6 »

What Am I To Say is one of the BEST on the album..
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fergal41 wrote:That's funny. What am I To Say doesn't sound like an Underclass Hero bonus to me. It sounds exactly like an Underclass Hero tune, but I love it. To me it's almost like he finally got the formula he used on that album right in this one song, but it's four years too late.

As for Exit Song, I quite like it and think it stands on its own rather well. Reason To Believe acoustic is a different story though, I can safely say that is going to be my least listened-to Sum 41 song ever for the rest of eternity. It's absolutely piss poor.
I don't mind What Am I to Say, though I tend to either skip it or space out when it plays through. Exit Song would've worked nice as a hidden track or something, but maybe it's too early to tell. Ending Back Where I Belong with the drums from Reason to Believe was a nice touch and I think would've ended the album nicely. However, I suppose Exit Song works well as an "afterthought" to the album.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Also I think the Reason to Believe acoustic is pretty amazing. Its not produced either which I love.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

Exit Song is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. Deryck could not have made a better song to close the album.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:Exit Song is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. Deryck could not have made a better song to close the album.
Why do you find it so sad? I think Crash is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. I don't really feel anything strongly when I listen to Exit Song.. The acoustic guitar is beautiful though, and it is still a good song.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

You are a fucking piece of stool if you don't like What Am I Say?

Not to push my opinions, but if you like Sum 41 you have to LOVE this song..
darksweeney
First name: Pier-Luc

Post by darksweeney »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote: And Dave needs to comeback. Just saying.
Am I the only one who thinks Dave will regret he left after hearing SBM? lol
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:You are a fucking piece of stool if you don't like What Am I Say?

Not to push my opinions, but if you like Sum 41 you have to LOVE this song..
People probably just enjoy the heavier, faster stuff. Most "hardcore" fans do, according to the band.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I personally think it's their best album and I love it. But I understand it if you don't. It is really different from any of their previous albums. Sucks for you though..
Wennis
Bunkface
First name: Dennis

Post by Wennis »

Sucks for you then.. Enjoy other albums coming out this year, there´s A LOT
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:The album is too new for me to form a true opinion. I don't know how this could be anyones "favorite Sum album" after a day and a half but. Chuck still holds strong for me, tried and true. However I definitely like the direction they're going in. To be honest, most of the songs sound like they belong to other records. RTB sounds like it's straight off of Chuck, while the others are just out there... Certain songs don't even sound like Sum 41 to me, for instance "Baby You Don't Wanna Know" and "We Are The Same". The entire album honestly sounds a bit alien for their style except in certain shades. I like it but it is very new for them, it's going to take some getting used to. On certain songs I feel like they lumped ideas together a bit too quickly. I love the way the songs switch up tempos but on certain ones I feel it takes away from the flow. The chord changes were easily readable to me (meaning I knew if the instruments would go up or down) and I didn't like that. I think their next album will truly show their greatness, as long as they mature in this style and stay the course this time.

And Dave needs to comeback. Just saying.
oh, look what the cat shat out!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Ari Gold wrote:
ThanksForTheVenom wrote:The album is too new for me to form a true opinion. I don't know how this could be anyones "favorite Sum album" after a day and a half but. Chuck still holds strong for me, tried and true. However I definitely like the direction they're going in. To be honest, most of the songs sound like they belong to other records. RTB sounds like it's straight off of Chuck, while the others are just out there... Certain songs don't even sound like Sum 41 to me, for instance "Baby You Don't Wanna Know" and "We Are The Same". The entire album honestly sounds a bit alien for their style except in certain shades. I like it but it is very new for them, it's going to take some getting used to. On certain songs I feel like they lumped ideas together a bit too quickly. I love the way the songs switch up tempos but on certain ones I feel it takes away from the flow. The chord changes were easily readable to me (meaning I knew if the instruments would go up or down) and I didn't like that. I think their next album will truly show their greatness, as long as they mature in this style and stay the course this time.

And Dave needs to comeback. Just saying.

oh, look what the cat shat out!
:devious:
Phatal
First name: Janko

Post by Phatal »

In my opinion this is their second best album. I still like DTLI better...
But if I listen to SBM a few more times that will probably change.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1452/pennywisel.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gebirgskuchen
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Gebirgskuchen »

BennerKB6 wrote:What Am I To Say is one of the BEST on the album..
OMG...a song which sounds like nearly every Sum 41 ballad and song structure of Underclass Hero ist the best?
BORING AND PREDICTABLE!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

What Am I to Say does feel all too familiar with the exception of the bridge. That effect is so haunting, but I don't think it can save the song.

I'm loving A Dark Road Out of Hell though. That song kicks so much ass. A lot more epic than Jesus of Suburbia!
Gebirgskuchen
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Gebirgskuchen »

A Dark Road Out of Hell has much more harder parts than Jesus of Surburbia. But the thing is, the Greenday Song is more fluent. In A Dark Road Out of Hell, in my opinion, the slow and soft parts(piano and vocals) stop this flow, 'cause I actually wanna hear a progression in the hardness of the songs.

Btw I don't understand, why they parted the whole thing in 3 seperated songs.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

this album may just be able to be as good as Chuck in my mind,but Chuck is still probably winning , or draw !
and I,apart from many people,think that Baby You Don't Wanna Know and Time For You To Go are fucking awesome , feels like the old rock n roll and I fucking love it ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Out of the 2 songs I've heard I think it will be decent, won't be one of my favourite albums of all time but it won't stop me from buying it. Even if I am disappointed and I only like a few songs from it then it wouldn't bother me to much because I would still have those songs that I like. I personally don't like ever Sum 41 song but I still enjoy their albums.
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Out of the 2 songs I've heard I think it will be decent, won't be one of my favourite albums of all time but it won't stop me from buying it. Even if I am disappointed and I only like a few songs from it then it wouldn't bother me to much because I would still have those songs that I like. I personally don't like ever Sum 41 song but I still enjoy their albums.
I the past, the most Sum 41 songs I'd like off an album would only be 4. This one is different than all of that, but let it grow on me a little, I'm sure I'll get sick of some songs. :silly:
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Gebirgskuchen wrote:A Dark Road Out of Hell has much more harder parts than Jesus of Surburbia. But the thing is, the Greenday Song is more fluent. In A Dark Road Out of Hell, in my opinion, the slow and soft parts(piano and vocals) stop this flow, 'cause I actually wanna hear a progression in the hardness of the songs.

Btw I don't understand, why they parted the whole thing in 3 seperated songs.
Im not sure I like the whole 3 songs as one. I don't think that Holy Image of Lies can really stand up on its own..