Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Volted
Bunkface

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Volted »

i thought all/most bonus songs came from japanese versions. meaning, if those are the only two bonus tracks in the japanese release, how else would they release extra songs? the only other way i can imagine is by releasing them as b-sides on singles.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

C-sides digital EP ! go for it Sums :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Volted wrote:i thought all/most bonus songs came from japanese versions. meaning, if those are the only two bonus tracks in the japanese release, how else would they release extra songs? the only other way i can imagine is by releasing them as b-sides on singles.
Yeah, I think any other songs we might hear will come in the shape of B sides and hopefully c sides :2cool4u:

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:C-sides digital EP ! go for it Sums :P

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:C-sides digital EP ! go for it Sums :P
someone need to tell this to the guys
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet

Post by Aaron »

Hentaiman wrote:
usmari_41 wrote:Speaking about rare's things of "sum 41", check this out, By ADRIAN - TNS/ES:

http://www.theresnosolution.com/foro/vi ... =13&t=2039

KASPIR:

Haha, crazy rare stuff!! Cool to see this stuff. I heard they once were called Kaspir and changed their name for some performance or TV show or something.. dunno if it's true. Was Kaspir a pre-Sum 41 band? like.. before 1996? or was it just an early incarnation after the band's official formation in summer 1996?
I heard they did NOFX covers.
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, they started out as a NoFX cover band.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I feel weird. I'm supposed to be very excited for the album right now but I was a lot more excited a year or two ago. I don't know if it is that 3 tracks off the album didn't reach my expectations. I like them a lot but hmm. Hard to explain when I'm not even 100% sure how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I love all 3 tracks a lot, I'm just speculating.

I remember the evening when we waited that Nic gets Skumfuk and uploads it. I was so fucking excited that even words can't describe it. I couldn't sleep the whole night. I just listened it over and over again. Hadn't had that kind reaction to any Sum 41 song.

When SBM was premiering in radio, I woke up middle of the night to listen to it. When it was played I liked it. But after 2 or 3 listens I went back to bed. Hmh.

Blood In My Eyes I liked immediately at first listen. Tho I listened it only once and then went shopping. That's kinda weird. I've listened to it a lot more now but still, Skumfuk is the only song off the new album that I couldn't stop listening. When UH was coming out I didn't really care too much for March of The Dogs or Underclass Hero but couldn't stop listening Walking Disaster & Count Your Last Blessings when they leaked.

I guess my feelings are probably gonna change after I've the album in my hands. The waiting of the album just has been so awesome time because of TNS members. I feel like the best part of SBM has been waiting it and discussing every single piece of information about it with you guys. I still feel that this is gonna the best Sum 41 album. I guess it's just weird that it's finally coming out and my brains are not completely processing it yet.

I don't know why I wrote this, it just came out :D
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:
DW_60 wrote:
Spoiler: show
The Skumfuk intro is really completely different of the rest of the song, it's dard. it sounds like a Tim Burton thing
I like the sound of this, also what happened to the sound Heather was talking about ages ago, something about a twisted baby mobile? Or was that the Blood in My Eyes intro?
It was SBM..
soufianezoubeiri
First name: Soufiane

Post by soufianezoubeiri »

ok i want to clear my mind. What is the final titel of Over Now?
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

1. Reason To Believe
2. Screaming Bloody Murder
3. Skumfuk
4.Time For You To Go
5. Jessica Kill
6. What Am I To Say
7. A Dark Road Out Of Hell
8. Sick Of Everyone
9. Happiness Machine
10. Over Now
11. Blood In My Eyes
12. Baby You Don’t Wanna Know
13. Back Where I Belong
14. Exit Song

should be interesting to see what happens with the tracklist because absolutepunk.net posted this tnite and the guy said he got it from the label... sooo, label sending it out wrong still... really?
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

I think the label don't cares to promote Sum 41 or something like that.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

samueeL wrote:I feel weird. I'm supposed to be very excited for the album right now but I was a lot more excited a year or two ago. I don't know if it is that 3 tracks off the album didn't reach my expectations. I like them a lot but hmm. Hard to explain when I'm not even 100% sure how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I love all 3 tracks a lot, I'm just speculating.

I remember the evening when we waited that Nic gets Skumfuk and uploads it. I was so fucking excited that even words can't describe it. I couldn't sleep the whole night. I just listened it over and over again. Hadn't had that kind reaction to any Sum 41 song.

When SBM was premiering in radio, I woke up middle of the night to listen to it. When it was played I liked it. But after 2 or 3 listens I went back to bed. Hmh.

Blood In My Eyes I liked immediately at first listen. Tho I listened it only once and then went shopping. That's kinda weird. I've listened to it a lot more now but still, Skumfuk is the only song off the new album that I couldn't stop listening. When UH was coming out I didn't really care too much for March of The Dogs or Underclass Hero but couldn't stop listening Walking Disaster & Count Your Last Blessings when they leaked.

I guess my feelings are probably gonna change after I've the album in my hands. The waiting of the album just has been so awesome time because of TNS members. I feel like the best part of SBM has been waiting it and discussing every single piece of information about it with you guys. I still feel that this is gonna the best Sum 41 album. I guess it's just weird that it's finally coming out and my brains are not completely processing it yet.

I don't know why I wrote this, it just came out :D
I know what you mean. I think the reason is that we were so deprived of new Sum 41 music at the time Skumfuk came out that when we got the song we couldn't help but listen to it non-stop. Now that all this news of Screaming Bloody Murder is surfacing, I think we are becoming somewhat desensitized to it or it is becoming more of a reality for us and we are just reacting to it accordingly.

I'm the same way when the songs came out. Skumfuk was on repeat all day and the day after it was leaked. Screaming Bloody Murder was on repeat the night it was on the radio. Blood In My Eyes was only on repeat a couple of times the day it streamed.

Maybe I just mastered the art of not having high expectations? Maybe I'm just listening to too much Sum 41 and my brain is telling me to switch over to The Gaslight Anthem for a bit? I don't know, but I think you and I are in the same boat!
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I think the 3 new songs are good, but not great. I expected more of Sum 41.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

soufianezoubeiri wrote:ok i want to clear my mind. What is the final titel of Over Now?
I believe "Over Now" is "Crash".
SickofEveryone wrote:I think the 3 new songs are good, but not great. I expected more of Sum 41.
I love the darker edge of the songs. The emotions conveyed in them are a lot more believable to me than most in Underclass Hero (with exceptions to With Me, Best of Me, Speak of the Devil and Look at Me). The guitars are a lot more enjoyable to listen to. In fact, these three songs so far can be my favorite Sum 41 songs of all-time.

Are they the best songs Sum 41 has ever done? Absolutely not. A song like 88 is more eclectic than Screaming Bloody Murder.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

i think nearly all the songs pre-DTLI are better. they just work so well. i liked DTLI and Chuck but something about them seems not as good as before. i think these new songs better than them, but not better than the really old songs.
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

it's annoying there's still confusion over the tracklist. absolutepunk and dyingscene both reported tracklists that use "dark road out of hell" as a track. but i also remember reading an itunes tracklist that uses "holy image of lies"
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Volted wrote:it's annoying there's still confusion over the tracklist. absolutepunk and dyingscene both reported tracklists that use "dark road out of hell" as a track. but i also remember reading an itunes tracklist that uses "holy image of lies"
dying scene most likely got their info from AP, however both sites didn't bother to look at sum 41's official facebook or twitter that gives you a link to the australian pre-order with the proper tracklisting.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I gave up following what was going on with the tracklist. I'm hoping that if there's a pre-order for Screaming Bloody Murder for the Canadian iTunes tomorrow that it'll have the proper tracklist and I'll just go from that.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

1. Reason To Believe
2. Screaming Bloody Murder
3. Skumfuk
4. Time For You To Go
5. Jessica Kill
6. What Am I To Say
7. Holy Image Of Lies
8. Sick Of Everyone
9. Happiness Machine
10. Crash
11. Blood In My Eyes
12. Baby You Don’t Wanna Know
13. Back Where I Belong
14. Exit Song
15. Reason To Believe (Acoustic)

that's the tracklist that's on the UK iTunes store.