Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Lars »

Still looking for a deluxe-version as well!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I'm not going to bother with iTunes, will just stick with the CD.

EDIT: just checked on Amazon for this, have a read of their CD description:

'Screaming Bloody Murder' is the fifth album from Canadian punk-rockers Sum 41. The band return to the pop-punk sound that epitomised their 2007 debut 'All Killer No Filler' and made them mainstays in a genre that features giants Green Day, Blink-182 and Weezer. Settled into their 2007 reshuffle, the outfit show renewed maturity in the title-track single, which is typically energetic with distorted riffs and hard hitting drums.'
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Ari Gold wrote:just checked on Amazon for this, have a read of their CD description:

'Screaming Bloody Murder' is the fifth album from Canadian punk-rockers Sum 41. The band return to the pop-punk sound that epitomised their 2007 debut 'All Killer No Filler' and made them mainstays in a genre that features giants Green Day, Blink-182 and Weezer. Settled into their 2007 reshuffle, the outfit show renewed maturity in the title-track single, which is typically energetic with distorted riffs and hard hitting drums.'
Pathetic. Just pathetic.
BrandonCorey wrote:this is fucking history man! Who's the singer? And what year is this?
Damn! This sure is some historical material!

I'm guessing the singer could be Jon Marshall.
Although that description doesn't fit in with No Brains (which is about a former Sum 41 singer).
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sent Cone a message a while ago, asking about the jamming they've played before Skumfuk, and about Dark Road Out Of Hell. Now I got a response:
Cone wrote:Ya Dark road out of hell is the 12 minute. I think we were practicing a part thats in a song called "Back Where I belong". Since we aren't playing the whole song yet we just wanted to do a little riff from it.
So just confirming what we were already suspecting.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

Can someone just aks someone if the tracklist is now confirmed and if they have already ideas for the setlist after the release of sbm ?
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

An italian music website,outune.net, listened to SBM.
Here, what they think about the new record :
(i used google translator cause i haven't time now, so if you don't understand something ask me)

It will be released later this month, namely on March 29, but already promises to be the most anticipated records of the "punk for all" end of winter. Especially if the Sum 41 have succeeded in the difficult challenge to innovate and succeed, work with the darker, heavier and less adolescent in their careers. Although appearance may seem forced, the leap that they will do with "Screaming Bloody Murder" is comparable to what was done in 2005 by Green Day "American Idiot": the cd is more mature, more original and daring, which could Deryck Whibley's clear the band beyond the walls of teen fans.
"Screaming Bloody Murder", from the plays we've done a preview, seems to take a very precise way, even in the music: heavy riffs, heavy battery (but fast paced), alternating with acoustic parts but anything but quiet (very often are obsessive). Excluding the power ballad "What Am I To Say" (on balance a filler), there is only one piece brazenly radio: "Time For You To Go", a rock that looks like the perfect soundtrack for a coast to coast in the dog days summer (they are open from now betting that the single candidate for future ... to be placed in the warm period).
A lord it will still be sought and the dark atmosphere, but also lots of beating : palm mute on "Jessica Kills" shows us that part of the Canadian metalheads who have never hidden and live will be a song that will make victims. In the past, the same Deryck had made us understand that "Screaming Bloody Murder" was an album that would present a different band, with unusual choices than ever before. The piano on this "Skumfuk" song "stolen" from the network that the final tracklist is expected to call "All Comes To An End", plays a fundamental role in the piece: this is often not confined to mere accompaniment, but indeed, holds a leading position in the construction of the songs. But the thing that most upset is that, listening to the newest release roughly, the influences 'pop punk' seem to have disappeared from listening more closely, however, something can still be heard on the aforementioned "All Comes To An End" (the chorus) and "Jessica Kills" where there is a a melody line that recalls Still Waiting.
Abandoned as easy as mundane streets of pop punk, which had at least made them a name for the first level of the international scene, the North Americans put themselves in the game: almost certainly lose some fans, disappointed by the radical change, but the courage and maturity probably reward choices. Even Sum 41 are now adults and, on balance, they are now in a better way.
I'm my worst enemy
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

Faeyaner wrote:Can someone just aks someone if the tracklist is now confirmed and if they have already ideas for the setlist after the release of sbm ?
I'm guessing with places like iTunes having a tracklist it is official now, they just haven't announced it themselves like other bands do.
marcus10
Bunkface
First name: Marcus

Post by marcus10 »

Can anyone ask Matt or someone if there will be an European Deluxe Edition?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

marcus10 wrote:Can anyone ask Matt or someone if there will be an European Deluxe Edition?
A month ago he said there will be. But I'm not sure what's the situation now.
And I think Matt has more important things in mind right now (Deryck's condition).
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I've asked the guys on Twiter, not expecting an answer though!
marcus10
Bunkface

Post by marcus10 »

TomiT14 wrote:
marcus10 wrote:Can anyone ask Matt or someone if there will be an European Deluxe Edition?
A month ago he said there will be. But I'm not sure what's the situation now.
And I think Matt has more important things in mind right now (Deryck's condition).
I noticed that a month ago but I was wondering if it was official or not and yeah I'm sure now Matt is caring about Deryck, I want him to get better too¡
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

does anyone know if the deluxe edition would be guaranteed to arrive on or by 3/29 (in the states). or is the deluxe edition gonna be sold in stores too?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I hope there will be more than 2 bonus tracks really, if there won't be a deluxe edition especially ya know.. It seems like all these different iTunes editions only have "Reason to Believe" acoustic as a bonus track, and the Japanese edition has Reason to Believe acoustic plus another song which I forgot its name.. so basically only two b-sides, one of them not even a real new song, just an acoustic rendition, so hopefully we'll get so more exclusive b-sides from different retailers. I expected at least 3 new b-sides songs, like with UH and Chuck.

Edit:
Also that 1998 video is cool! I mean, not cool by any means of music or singer haha but being rare and all showing Deryck and Steve with two other guys we never heard of, and another singer who sucks! haha
I guess the bassist is Richard Roy, who's the singer?
Someone should really ask the guys about this sometime, in an interview or shit (that'll be something new to ask even though it's not SBM realted) or just ask on Myspace or Twitter, what's up with that singer guy and who is he.
I always thought Deryck sang ever since 1996.. I heard there was another guy before him but i thought it was only for a few months or so.. didn't know that back in 1998 Deryck still wasn't the singer.
Last edited by Hentaiman on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcus10
Bunkface

Post by marcus10 »

I want to hear one on those songs which Cone wrote
Last edited by marcus10 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

marcus10 wrote:I want to here one on those songs which Cone wrote
This. I hope the songs Cone wrote get released. I'm really curious for those. But I'm not sure they will release them though, as I recall they said that some of them were b-sides from UH and they didn't get released then either.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

lisaNL wrote:
marcus10 wrote:I want to here one on those songs which Cone wrote
This. I hope the songs Cone wrote get released. I'm really curious for those. But I'm not sure they will release them though, as I recall they said that some of them were b-sides from UH and they didn't get released then either.
Yeah , there's still that UH b-side which was sung by Cone that was never released, and Cone stated the reason as Deryck need to find time mixing it and he was saying that ever since 2008.
Now.. Tom talked alot about Like Everyone Else, a song that Cone wrote for the record and I think they talked about doing it in pre-production but it still didn't make the album, so they should still include it as a b-side! If it even was close to making it.
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

#
Cone McCaslin schreibt:
An: Andy ([email protected])
Yes

#
Andy
Feb 27, 2011
RE: New Single(?)
Andy schreibt:
An: Cone McCaslin ([email protected])
hi cone is this the real tracklist?
Tracklist

01 REASON TO BELIEVE
02 SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER
03 SKUMF*K
04 TIME FOR YOU TO GO
05 JESSICA KILL
06 WHAT AM I TO SAY

A DARK ROAD OUT OF HELL:
07 HOLY IMAGE OF LIES
08 SICK OF EVERYONE
09 HAPPINESS MACHINE

10 CRASH
11 BLOOD IN MY EYES
12 BABY YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW
13 BACK WHERE I BELONG
14 EXIT SONG
15 Reason To Believe (Acoustic) Bonus Japan
16 We're The Same Bonus Japan
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Nice to see that the tracklist finally has been confirmed. Too bad that some of the titles I don't like are still in there.. but that doesn't really matter.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Crash and Exit Song are the only ones I don't like, but I'll get over it

btw I updated the other thread: http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 22#p298122
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Meh, Happiness Machine sounds like an Angels and Airwaves song title =/