Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by Bobbyjames »

yea, I don't like following the "celebrity" types that are just on there to promote stuff.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Ari Gold wrote:yea, I don't like following the "celebrity" types that are just on there to promote stuff.
I followed Roger Ebert and Tom Cruise once and all they did was retweet shit. So annoying.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I somtimes get annoyed with Travis on there just because of how he spells. it was really pissing me off how he replaced every "s" with $.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Also, Mark doesn't seem to tweet as much as he used to. Or am I just scrolling through my news feed too quickly?
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

nah I don't think he does either. shame, he can be quite funny on there!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I wonder if the record will be as great as they say ...I am glad that they said the album will be awesome and all the fans will like it,but I have kinda heard it before from someone from Blink :P ]

but I don't say that AvA's record wasn't good,they just shouldn't play live ! XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

they're hardly going to come out and say the new record is going to be shit!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I know,but they seem to be VERY confident about it , if you know what I mean...
Sum 41 usually say that they think the fans will like it,they think it's the best thing they've ever done ...

Blink 182 say - fans WILL like it,and it IS the best record they've ever done XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I remember very well what Tom said before WDNTW came out, so I'm taking everything he says with a pinch of salt!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

well if the new Blink 182 record will bring Jesus with itself,then I believe we're fucked up
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

the new Travis Barker's song from his new upcoming record ...not bad imo,but this one is with Slash and Transplants,so I guess there won't be any better than this one

fuck and it has a guitar solo ! XD
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I remember how they reunited back in February 2009 and said they're going right into the studio to start working on new material to be released in time with the reunion tour in the summer? remember that? that they actually said it'll be out in summer 2009.. then they said they will only release a single ("Up All Night") to coincide with the tour and the album after the tour in late 2009 or whatever, then suddenly Tom started working with AvA again and releasing a new AvA album and touring in support of it for most of early 2010 and then Blink tour in the summer... until they finally said that they basically haven't got shit and will go into the studio in September 2010... and all this time they promised shit!

OMG.. the Slash/Transplants track from Travis' album was released? the only tracks I said i would care in this album are the ones with Slash, Tom Morello and Corey Taylor.. and Corey's one is even a bonus track which sucks. I know Travis said it'll be a record of no genre, combining rock, hip hop, punk, metal, w/e... but he lied! It's a straight up hip hop record.. just the way Slash's solo album was an all-star rock record featuring such singers like Ozzy, Myles Kennedy, M. Shadows, Iggy Pop, etc.. so this features like any possible name in hip hop besides 50 Cent and Eminem.. I think, and there are also supposedly this metal track with Corey Taylor and this rap/rock track with Slash & Transplants. The Tom Morello tune sucked, he did nothing with his guitar there..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

kinda agree,except for one thing,Blink 182 never said anything,on the other hand,Mark was talking too much ...
everything,the song release and all that stuff came from Mark,and he already told in one interview that it's hard because everyone in the band has a different opinion on how the album should be released ...

Mark was fucking over-excited back then which,unfortunately,meant many useless promises ...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:kinda agree,except for one thing,Blink 182 never said anything,on the other hand,Mark was talking too much ...
everything,the song release and all that stuff came from Mark,and he already told in one interview that it's hard because everyone in the band has a different opinion on how the album should be released ...

Mark was fucking over-excited back then which,unfortunately,meant many useless promises ...
I guess you're right. It was all Mark back then.. talking about the album being ready around the tour/after the tour back in 2009, and "Up All Night" being released just before the tour. Tom and Travis never said anythingb back then.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:kinda agree,except for one thing,Blink 182 never said anything,on the other hand,Mark was talking too much ...

I guess you're right. It was all Mark back then.. talking about the album being ready around the tour/after the tour back in 2009, and "Up All Night" being released just before the tour. Tom and Travis never said anythingb back then.
they were probably talking some sense into Mark :winkwink:

but I believe it was also a thing of his imagination,cause back then,Tom had AvA + Love movie,Travis was working on a bunch of things including his record and Mark kinda had nothing except Blink,so he was putting everything into Blink and he kinda hoped the other guys would do so too,they just didn't ...now he has his TV show,so everyone of 'em is busy as hell,nobody's promising a shit :silly:
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Ther was some funny shit on wikipedia a while ago with someone adding God as a co-writer on the WDNTW page, someone should find the interview he said that and add it back.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

cool interview,June seems to be legitimate ...Tom looks like he know what's he's doing and he's more confident about everything he does than ever!
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Blink-182 began work on a new album in late 2009, but for most of the last year the band had other things to do. "It seems like forever," Barker says with a laugh. The band is now scheduled to deliver the album in June. "This year has been the most active Blink year. We're locking ourselves in a studio. I was in there last night."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20110301
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

so the same information from another source,that sounds good to me