sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Re: Blood in My Eyes!!

Post by sumfan4 »

Wow the leaked songs keep getting better than the previous ones!! Blood in my Eyes is amazing!!! Now I'm even more excited for this album!!!!!!!
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

I wonder if this song will find it's way into the setlist now?
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Thanks for ruining my trip guys, now I can't leave hotel room. jk. It's really amazing, first single material. I listened it quickly once and then went shopping and I couldn't get the chorus out of my head.

Oh, and first time I went to JCPenneys there was Still Waiting playing! I love nyc.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Ok so I listened to blood in my eyes from my phone, and I was please, but not satisfied. I feel it was a little too slow. This song, to me, was the one I wanted to hear the most. I'm gonna give it another listen when I get home, but I'm still liking screaming bloody murder and skumfuck better. This can easily change though lol!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Seriously this song is amazing. I will worship whoever works the tabs out for it first. I'm trying..
edguitar

Post by edguitar »

to me, this is the best of the 3 so far. its just amazing, i love deryks voice on the first verse, its very fragile.
To me, it's like he's singing the same way he felt it the first time, if that makes sense.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

The song should have ended with the main riff I think. I like that as a closing more than just the scream.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

kILLDR3n wrote:The song should have ended with the main riff I think. I like that as a closing more than just the scream.
I love that scream. It reminds me of the end of No Reason.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Nic wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:The song should have ended with the main riff I think. I like that as a closing more than just the scream.
I love that scream. It reminds me of the end of No Reason.
I put the song into Vegas and took the main (heavy) riff and put that along with the scream at the end and its awesome.
hellsong41
First name: Chris

Post by hellsong41 »

You should have seen my reaction when I got home from school and saw this. I was thinking "Ugh, I hate school..." and then "HOLY PICKLES BLOOD IN MY EYES!" :holyshit: I personally prefer SBM, but I can't deny that this is a truly amazing song. Since this is likely to be a single, any ideas of what they might do for the music video?
Believe me, it's alright.
It's so easy after all...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It's funny, I was planning on writing a song the day Skumfuk leaked. Last night I was learning Screaming Bloody Murder on guitar for the first time and I ended up starting a riff for a song of my own. I planned on finishing that song today, but then Blood In My Eyes streamed on Alternative Press! Though, I can't quite remember what I had planned the day Screaming Bloody Murder premiered on AOL and 89x radio.
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

i was reading "the gay science" by nietzsche at starbucks and i saw through my phone that blood in my eyes was released, so i ceased all reading and went to the computer room just to listen to the song, haha. so now whenever i listen to this song, i think of the death of god.

i'm actually really interested in learning this song on guitar too. screaming bloody murder was fun to learn but i think this song sounds like it would be harder.

jeremy, i hope you make a video for this song too. your videos for skumfuk and screaming bloody murder were very entertaining.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Volted wrote:jeremy, i hope you make a video for this song too. your videos for skumfuk and screaming bloody murder were very entertaining.
Thanks! If I can come up with a decent concept, I can probably throw one together in a couple of days.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I listened to it on repeat yesterday and I fucking love it. This got me even more excited for the album!!
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

Wow, this song is fucking aggressive, the vocals sound very DTLI-era too, it's just an awesome and all over the place (in a great way!) type of song! Cannot wait for the rest of the album!
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Blood in My Eyes!!

Post by gejmik »

ok so I was sleeping, woke up another day, played BIME.. and it's even more awesome than yesterday. gaaaah it's so epic
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

Umm... I guess it's better than SBM, it's better than Scumfuck no doubt, but it's still missing the Sum 41-ish catchiness what makes you listen to the songs over and over again. I dunno... Call me back here day or two later and I'll make a better comment on this.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

patenttiftw wrote:Umm... I guess it's better than SBM, it's better than Scumfuck no doubt, but it's still missing the Sum 41-ish catchiness what makes you listen to the songs over and over again. I dunno... Call me back here day or two later and I'll make a better comment on this.
Dude, wtf?

I know what it is.. You just haven't played it many, many times over. I honestly thought the same thing my first listen. Like "I'm not sure where people are getting this is great, it's okay, but not great." Im on listen 75 now, probably. It truly is number 1 hit material. In my opinion, this might be the greatest song Deryck has ever written. Guitar, lyrics, and catchy-ness wise. That one riff during the intro, but not the intro riff, is one of the most toe-tappin' riffs i've ever heard.

Thank you.

EDIT: As for comparison, it compares to nothing i've ever heard in my lifetime. I agree the tone sounds the same, but i mean, it's not like a main riff or anything. Get over it.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The thing that keeps me coming back to listen to it is the chorus. It just sounds so big. Though, I definitely did not listen to this song as often as Screaming Bloody Murder or Skumfuk. With those songs, I hardly went ten minutes without listening to them on repeat. I managed to take Blood In My Eyes in a little more moderation. There's just so much going on. I really like it though.
Jake-41 wrote:EDIT: As for comparison, it compares to nothing i've ever heard in my lifetime. I agree the tone sounds the same, but i mean, it's not like a main riff or anything. Get over it.
No one said it was a bad thing. I'm over it, congratulationz.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Do you guys think the song does justice at canceling With Me? I mean that song was all about commitment. Blood In My Eyes is just so aggressive.. a real "FUCK YOU" if I do say. I hope all the teenage girls that like Sum 41 because of With Me accidentally listen to this song