Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by punkbizzy »

greenday1987 wrote:
punkbizzy wrote:Well, I didn't like the SBM drums live. I was truly disappointed and I heard it two times: Lisbon and Porto.
But I think that's because I FUCKING LOVE SBM DRUMS!! It's so much powerful in the recorded version. Mainly the beginning of the drums.
However, I loved the way Deryck sings SBM live. It is powerful and beautiful at the same time, I can guarantee to you!!
They will come in my country for 41 shows. I will have the opportunity to judge it. :happy:
Yes you will! And I hope you get to those shows and have a great time!! :glad:

I hope the sums to improve the SBM drums live too, cause i fucking love it on the record, but not that much live. They said they'll come back to Portugal after the album comes out, so I'll have the opportunity to appreciate another FUCKING AWESOME SHOW TOO!! AHAHAH :glad: :glad: :glad: :glad:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

gejmik wrote:
greenday1987 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
greenday1987 wrote:
gejmik wrote:
greenday1987 wrote:
gejmik wrote:
greenday1987 wrote:The production of SBM is bad, drums are weak, guitars lack in power and deryck's voice is overproduced because is unable to sing this song live.
hahaha, oh, it's not a joke?
well then:
Because my opinion is different it's a joke? You're pueril. I'm sure SBM isn't the best song of the album.
sorry but I don't consider it as opinion.

how do you consider it?
a fact
Yes. The fact is SBM is an average song.
To be honest, I think SBM is one of the best Sum 41 songs ever.
This! And I wonder what answer would say Deryck if he could read that :devious:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

greenday1987 wrote:The production of SBM is bad, drums are weak, guitars lack in power and deryck's voice is overproduced because is unable to sing this song live.
How does any of that make sense? The fact that Deryck can't sing this song live as good as in the studio has nothing to do with the production of the vocals, it's just common sense. It's a completely different situation. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It is impossible for him to sing exactly like that in every single show without eventually ruining his voice. When you're in a live situation, where the adrenalin kicks in, you can easily over-stress your vocal chords and I am actually surprised that this has not happened yet. Screaming Bloody Murder repeatedly goes as high as the original Over My Head bridge during the chorus, which he altered for exactly those reasons since touring Chuck, where he fucked up his voice pretty badly.
I'm not even going to argue about the drums, because you have to be hearing disabled to describe them as weak. The guitar sound is more of a matter of taste, I like it a lot, but you don't have to.

So from what we got so far, the overall production seems very good (far better than Chuck, AKNF and UH, possibly even better than DTLI?) and people who listened to the entire album have often expressed the same opinion and that it was exactly what Deryck said it would be: Raw and not too perfect for rock. Since you don't even explain you opinion, don't expect anyone to take it seriously.

If you don't like the song, that's fine. But stand up for it instead of ignorantly criticizing the production.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

IMO SBM is not one of their best songs, i see to many over excited fans over here, when UH came out i thought that it was great, after a while it wasn't as great as i thought
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Do you guys think Screaming Bloody Murder will be "cool" enough for Rock Band? p.s. guitar hero died
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

finglemaster wrote:Do you guys think Screaming Bloody Murder will be "cool" enough for Rock Band? p.s. guitar hero died
sure, why not? :happy:
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Why does it matter if someone doesn't like Screaming bloody murder? It's just an opinion, :sweater:
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

lisaNL wrote:Why does it matter if someone doesn't like Screaming bloody murder? It's just an opinion, :sweater:
yeah, I mean I love SBM but I don't think it's their best. everyones entitled to opinions but it seems when new material is released some of us are up in arms against people who dislike it.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

Still Waiting wrote:IMO SBM is not one of their best songs, i see to many over excited fans over here, when UH came out i thought that it was great, after a while it wasn't as great as i thought
I actually agree with you. At first I was like ''OMFGFGFGFFGGF!!!!11111111!!!!!! SBM IS FUCKING AWESOMEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HSHITHITHITH.''
It was a NEW song so I was VERY excited. I still think the songs is awesome but not as awesome as I thought it was at first.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Just been catching up.
Great interview that was posted a few pages back. Really can agree with half the things Deryck discusses.
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:But I'd say two-three months later the forum will be dead haha.
Nah, The Sums will tour at least till the end of the year, most likely next year too. We will talk about setlists, YouTube vids, the lack of shows in Canada...
Glad someone realizes this because it seems as if The Sums haven't. /sigh
Gregorovich wrote:D'you think we'll be able to beat the forum record and get over 125 users online at the launch time?
It's possible! Although I'll be buying SBM asap early in the a.m and then be listening to it all day long doing nothing else. I'm sure I can make time aside for TNS and post my thoughts! haha. I'm sure we'll all have a review that day.
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

SumGeek wrote:Just been catching up.
TomiT14 wrote:
Nah, The Sums will tour at least till the end of the year, most likely next year too. We will talk about setlists, YouTube vids, the lack of shows in Canada...
besides that show in Quebec when was the last time they toured here? :neutral: it seems like forever ago, Europe is getting all the shows.
Zalex09

Post by Zalex09 »

Gutter Dreams wrote: besides that show in Quebec when was the last time they toured here? :neutral: it seems like forever ago, Europe is getting all the shows.
last time was for UH tour in 2007-2008... they did warped tour last summer too
Gutter Dreams

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Zalex09 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote: besides that show in Quebec when was the last time they toured here? :neutral: it seems like forever ago, Europe is getting all the shows.
last time was for UH tour in 2007-2008... they did warped tour last summer too
yeah, I remember the tour with Finger 11 they did, I was supposed to go to that but then D threw out his back so it got cancelled..
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
besides that show in Quebec when was the last time they toured here? :neutral: it seems like forever ago, Europe is getting all the shows.
Spring '08. And yeah, it's quite odd that they've done 4 tours in Europe already, while their homeland has been ignored almost completely.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Spring '08. And yeah, it's quite odd that they've done 4 tours in Europe already, while their homeland has been ignored almost completely.
The whole Sum 41 management seem to let everyone down.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Shelley41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
The whole Sum 41 management seem to let everyone down.
It's all about the money....

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Screaming Bloody Murder is a pretty standard song. It was probably chosen as the first single because it is the best representation of the album and what's to be expected. It doesn't go so far out there that it can't be played on the radio.

I think the song still sounds big and epic without having to go for that 80's glam metal, arena rock type of sound. I really love the guitar that's written for this song as well. It's a breath of fresh air after the last album's use of those particular four chords (I won't get into it anymore). The drums have a lot of character too. I don't know why, but I notice them a lot better in Screaming Bloody Murder and Skumfuk better than on Underclass Hero, like I find myself listening only to the drums playing when I listen to the song.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I really think SBM is a great song. It has definately grown on me since release, like Skumfuk did. Also, in order to fully appreciate a rock song, you need a HQ version and a fuckin' great pair of Senns!
fuck this signature nonsense
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

What the hell are you guys smoking? SBM is easily the best song the Sums have made since the Chuck- era.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I adore SBM, but still prefer Pull The Curtain and 88..... my two over all fave songs