Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by kILLDR3n »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:Some people on this website are a little too fanboy-ish and will say NO LEAK DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER
Seriously? You think that people here forbid discussion about the new album? Get a life. Of course it would be much appreciated that the leak discussion would have it's own topic and it probably will.

And newsflash for some of you guys: waiting till the album is released is not about "buying the album or supporting sum 41" like too many of you says here, it's about special personal experience for most of the people who decide to wait.
What I mean is will the leak link allowed to be posted on here? Sometimes people respond to these type of things saying no.
That has nothing to do with the fanboyness. This site is well connected to Sum 41 themselves. We've had exclusive files sent to us, interviews, and not to mention that the site owner is in talks with the band frequently. We've got so much appreciation from the band that providing a link to a leak would be a slap in the band's face.
It's even worse than a slap in the face, it's like having sex with them, then leaving them just to call up 3 days later to say if they feel itchy "down there" to get it checked out.

Anyway no link will be provided, there's Google for that. I don't have any less respect for people who download the leak, but I'm toughing it out until the end!
Really what's wrong with the link being posted here if it has its separate thread. Its not like those who don't want to hear the link will end up clicking it anyway.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
samueeL wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:Some people on this website are a little too fanboy-ish and will say NO LEAK DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER
Seriously? You think that people here forbid discussion about the new album? Get a life. Of course it would be much appreciated that the leak discussion would have it's own topic and it probably will.

And newsflash for some of you guys: waiting till the album is released is not about "buying the album or supporting sum 41" like too many of you says here, it's about special personal experience for most of the people who decide to wait.
What I mean is will the leak link allowed to be posted on here? Sometimes people respond to these type of things saying no.
That has nothing to do with the fanboyness. This site is well connected to Sum 41 themselves. We've had exclusive files sent to us, interviews, and not to mention that the site owner is in talks with the band frequently. We've got so much appreciation from the band that providing a link to a leak would be a slap in the band's face.
It's even worse than a slap in the face, it's like having sex with them, then leaving them just to call up 3 days later to say if they feel itchy "down there" to get it checked out.

Anyway no link will be provided, there's Google for that. I don't have any less respect for people who download the leak, but I'm toughing it out until the end!
Really what's wrong with the link being posted here if it has its separate thread. Its not like those who don't want to hear the link will end up clicking it anyway.
Really? You don't see what's wrong with a well respected community making official copyrighted music available for everyone to download for free before it is even released, without permission, so you don't even have to look for it yourself anymore? Music, Deryck spent his own money on to be able to finish? If you don't see what's wrong with that, wake the fuck up and stop being a dick with that narrow-minded fanboy argument.

I personally don't give a shit if I stumble over the link a million times, you could spam me the link everywhere, it wouldn't make a difference. I decided not do download it for the sake of my listening experience. Download and discuss it all you want, but making it available to the public is certainly not up to you, TNS or anyone else except Sum 41 or their label.
Last edited by Simon on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

it's out of respect for the band. i think it would be annoying that a site that supports the band is also supplying a link to a free download of their effort. if it leaks, it's not going to be hard to find. the only problem that arises is when someone google searches "sum 41 screaming bloody murder leak" and find the single instead.

the separate thread is most likely for people who want to discuss favorite tracks, thoughts, in depth reviews, lyrics and to keep those separated from people who want to listen to the album without any idea of what to expect.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Lars wrote:Oh by the way: Mitch, what's up with your red username?
I became a news poster
And you're doing a hella good job bro.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Nic wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Lars wrote:Oh by the way: Mitch, what's up with your red username?
I became a news poster
And you're doing a hella good job bro.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Anyone seen all the Facebook ads there are for SBM? The label is finally doing something right.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:Anyone seen all the Facebook ads there are for SBM? The label is finally doing something right.
what!? where!?
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:Anyone seen all the Facebook ads there are for SBM? The label is finally doing something right.
what!? where!?
http://img833.imageshack.us/i/sum41ad.png/

its almost always there. Facebook knows me :holyshit:
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Yep!! Too bad it's only us Sum fans that see the ads.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by HugoDisasters »

The crowds on the Sum 41 shows might want to learn from this crowd... Fucking louder than the actual vocalist XD

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:Oh I agree with that, but how about downloading the leak?
Again? Seriously? We've had this convo for so many times already.

We've had a thread about this.
Also, Samuel said it quite well just few posts above yours.
samueeL wrote:And newsflash for some of you guys: waiting till the album is released is not about "buying the album or supporting sum 41" like too many of you says here, it's about special personal experience for most of the people who decide to wait.
My version was
TomiT14 wrote:It's like a Christmas present.

You find the stash where your mom has hid all the presents. You're supposed to open them on Christmas, but it's still a week to go. You've been waiting for that dinosaur all year, so of course you can't wait any longer and you're going to open that present, play with the toy for a while, then put it back into the package, and re-open it on Christmas. Although, on Christmas it doesn't feel like a new present anymore, since you've already played with it earlier.

This thread is for the kids who promise not to open the presents even if they find them before Christmas.
The result is the same in both cases, you're going to get that present anyways.
But this is all about keeping up the holiday spirit. And I for one want to enjoy that spirit.
So now, can we please move on and leave this "why no leak" discussion behind?
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Now im one of you!
check my shiny signature <3

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Screaming Bloody Murder is at #131 in the Japanese iTunes-chart.
marcus10
Bunkface
First name: Marcus

Post by marcus10 »

Lars wrote:I won't listen to 30s previews, nor to the album before I get my hands on a physical copy.

The 30 seconds preciews "ruined" the whole song-experience during UH, so I won't do that again.

And even if there'll be a HQ-leak, I won't listen to it. It gives my physical copy way more value, if you know what I mean.
THIS. I won't hear the 30 seconds previews, I prefer listening the whole album and the whole songs because if
I hear only 30 seconds of each song I will end up wanting more so I prefer having a great experience listenig
the whole album
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

I will not download leaks, not listen to any previews.
I will buy the album and listen from the beginning second to the end. No interruptions.

I will set up a "Screaming Bloody Murder Release Day" party and invite every single person i see, sending flyers everywhere and the only thing which will be played in the speakers will be SBM.

Fuck yeah.
Jack Daniels and food will be served.
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marcus10
Bunkface
First name: Marcus

Post by marcus10 »

FakeNinja wrote:I will not download leaks, not listen to any previews.
I will buy the album and listen from the beginning second to the end. No interruptions.

I will set up a "Screaming Bloody Murder Release Day" party and invite every single person i see, sending flyers everywhere and the only thing which will be played in the speakers will be SBM.

Fuck yeah.
Please send me an invitation to that party, PLEASEEEEEEEE
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

FakeNinja wrote:I will not download leaks, not listen to any previews.

Fuck yeah.
that kinda reminds me my celebrating of the latest Britney album
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Post by punkbizzy »

Another awesome show last night in Porto :D

And I met Deryck again. This time I saw him on the streets with Matt and I can't believe it yet :glad:
2 times in 3 days? what a lucky bastard I am :devious:

I asked for a picture and he said he remembered me from Lisbon!! FUCK YEAH!! :2cool4u:

When we were taking the picture I asked Matt to join us and he said with a surprised look "do you know who I am?". My answer was badass xD I said "yeah, I'm a TNS.com member" :devious:

Well, I had time to another question:

ME - Deryck, will we hear another song from Screaming Bloody Murder before the release?
Deryck - Maybe :)

Well, It's not YES and it's not NO, so I was frustrated xD
I want the fucking whole album!! I can't wait anymore after these two shows, I want to fastforward till March 29th!! AHAH :devious:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Here's one: If Blood in my Eyes is released as the second single (Which it will be) before the album's release, who will listen to it?

:suicide:
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I will
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge