Interesting find

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Interesting find

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, not really.. but just wanted to share this info that SBM might be not the only album that takes so much to be released and delayed by the label so much from its initial recording and shit.

Apparently, Cavalera Conspiracy, who I personally don't like though they have some nice songs and Max Cavalera did good in Sepultura, are also working on their second latest album since like late 2009, and it was recorded between January-May 2010, and it's being released on the same as SBM, so maybe there are more people who are not Sum 41 fans who crave right now for an album like we do.. the Cavalera Conspiracy album haha.
Apparently since the album was done in May.. Roadrunner Records announced around June that the album is not coming out until 2011, while it was being mixed. Fuckin' labels.. I bet they finished mixing and mastering it until July-August max and still the label said it's not coming out in 2010, form commercial reasons .. so as much as I don't really care about this album, it still shows how ignorant are labels.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Interesting find

Post by FuckT41182 »

they sure are ...labels have full hands with their fucking poppy disasters to make kids happy , like IR, they have JB and shit so they don't really care about Sum 41 ...

btw: I don't know why,but reading your post,I feel like listenning to Useless ID after a long time,can't find any connection why xD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
jaw knee jak
Bunkface

Post by jaw knee jak »

Im not one to defend Major labels, but you have to understand that a majority of them are not owned my music lovers (I believe EMI was recently bought out by a company that makes whiskey, others are owned by tabaco companys and so on) and hence they are there to make profit, and some times they are gona see sitting on an album for 6 months as a profitable maneuver. It really isn't cool, but its not ignorance either, its just how big business works.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

exactly, the people high up at labels aren't "music lovers", they're accounts and business men. they're lookin at Sum 41 from a bsuiness point of view and they know they won't make the label as much money as other bands/artists will. hence why Sum 41 won't get as much spent on them in terms of promotion. it;s the same in this case with CC.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

everyone here knows it's about business,that's the main source of my anger,that those motherfuckers have no interest in music,just money,money,money ... 0 for the music 10 for the money ...

they should be raped
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
jaw knee jak
Bunkface

Post by jaw knee jak »

At the end of the day, Music is a product. It requires investment and people to buy it for it to thrive. and thanks to downloading illegaly Labels are stuggeling more and more to get that investment. If the label dosent see profit then bands have less money invested in them, they cant then aford to record and the whole thing slowly falls apart.

I agree that Music should be about integrity and not money, but to quote the Descendent's "Punk Rock don't pay the bills"
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

that's another thing I know ,I just thought that it would be inappropriate to write that 90 % of people should be raped for listening to JB,Lady Gaga or Rihanna
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:they sure are ...labels have full hands with their fucking poppy disasters to make kids happy , like IR, they have JB and shit so they don't really care about Sum 41 ...

btw: I don't know why,but reading your post,I feel like listenning to Useless ID after a long time,can't find any connection why xD
It might be because I really like them and they are from Israel and me too haha, and I promote them here everytime :silly: well mostly the solo material by their frontman Yotam, but nobody seems to care hehe.

jaw knee jak wrote:Im not one to defend Major labels, but you have to understand that a majority of them are not owned my music lovers (I believe EMI was recently bought out by a company that makes whiskey, others are owned by tabaco companys and so on) and hence they are there to make profit, and some times they are gona see sitting on an album for 6 months as a profitable maneuver. It really isn't cool, but its not ignorance either, its just how big business works.

Well, I don't see how it helps to make any profit from holding a complete album (mixed & mastered) for like 6 months and not doing with it anything. Like I said with the CC album.. it was done in May and mixed in June.. and at that point Roadrunner said it won't come out before 2011.. so, it's not like they had a small window or that "Christmas time albums are forgotten fast" excuse with SBM.. they're just half a year of 2010 ahead and said that no way it's coming in these coming 6 months... I don't see how it makes more profit for them to hold it for so much time.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:It might be because I really like them and they are from Israel and me too haha, and I promote them here everytime :silly: well mostly the solo material by their frontman Yotam, but nobody seems to care hehe.
I somehow missed that , so he works on his own stuff ?? are the videos still in that thread? can ya post it again,I'd like to hear his work

I mean put the link to the thread here so I can check it out :)
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:It might be because I really like them and they are from Israel and me too haha, and I promote them here everytime :silly: well mostly the solo material by their frontman Yotam, but nobody seems to care hehe.
I somehow missed that , so he works on his own stuff ?? are the videos still in that thread? can ya post it again,I'd like to hear his work

I don't remember where this thread is... I don't remember shit haha. I can link you up to some vids in this thread or whatever, I dunno.

There are some of his demos up on youtube, two of them I myself uploaded, plus tons of live videos from his solo shows that I recorded in shows that I went too, and it's on youtube. Want me to link you up here?
jaw knee jak
Bunkface

Post by jaw knee jak »

jaw knee jak wrote:Im not one to defend Major labels, but you have to understand that a majority of them are not owned my music lovers (I believe EMI was recently bought out by a company that makes whiskey, others are owned by tabaco companys and so on) and hence they are there to make profit, and some times they are gona see sitting on an album for 6 months as a profitable maneuver. It really isn't cool, but its not ignorance either, its just how big business works.

Well, I don't see how it helps to make any profit from holding a complete album (mixed & mastered) for like 6 months and not doing with it anything. Like I said with the CC album.. it was done in May and mixed in June.. and at that point Roadrunner said it won't come out before 2011.. so, it's not like they had a small window or that "Christmas time albums are forgotten fast" excuse with SBM.. they're just half a year of 2010 ahead and said that no way it's coming in these coming 6 months... I don't see how it makes more profit for them to hold it for so much time.[/quote][/mtv]

They're are a million reasons why, the whole christmas thing, they may want to focus on an act thats likely to shift more units, promotional reasons, a different label releasing an album of a band with a similar fan base... I dont claim to understand it myself, but im sure if anyone had millions tied up in an album, they would over analyze the perfect time to release it, you and I both included
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

I don't remember where this thread is... I don't remember shit haha. I can link you up to some vids in this thread or whatever, I dunno.

There are some of his demos up on youtube, two of them I myself uploaded, plus tons of live videos from his solo shows that I recorded in shows that I went too, and it's on youtube. Want me to link you up here?
yeah,that'd great,thanks ! ;)
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

yeah,that'd great,thanks ! ;)

Here are some:

Recorded demos:
Some live stuff, some recorded by me, some not:
Into the Blues
Listen to Yourself
Are We Dreams?
Sad / She Was a Saint
Just Like You
Rudderless (The Lemonheads cover)
Are We Dreams? solo acoustic
Distant Lover
Don't Want to Know If You Are Lonely (Husker Du cover)
In My Head
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

thanks man,I'll listen to them as soon as I am home
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:thanks man,I'll listen to them as soon as I am home
No problem, you should check this out, It's really cool and different from Useless ID. His solo album is also due sometime later this year, dunno why I it took some time.. he recorded it in 2009 but it still wasn't released.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

from what I've just heard I think the album will definitely be great ! I really like it
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:from what I've just heard I think the album will definitely be great ! I really like it
Yeah, it will. Hope it'll be released soon. When I asked Yotam about it last time I saw him live in November, he told me that he hopes it'll be finally out in 2011 though it has been ready for a while. I think he is looking for a label to distribute it. He said the new Useless ID album will be probably released earlier, which is also awesome but his album has been in the works since 2009 so it sucks.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:from what I've just heard I think the album will definitely be great ! I really like it
Yeah, it will. Hope it'll be released soon. When I asked Yotam about it last time I saw him live in November, he told me that he hopes it'll be finally out in 2011 though it has been ready for a while. I think he is looking for a label to distribute it. He said the new Useless ID album will be probably released earlier, which is also awesome but his album has been in the works since 2009 so it sucks.
yeah just yesterday I got into Useless ID again ! their music is great,I will definitely check out both,the Useless ID album and also the Yotam's solo album :)
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
yeah just yesterday I got into Useless ID again ! their music is great,I will definitely check out both,the Useless ID album and also the Yotam's solo album :)
Well, then you'll be happy to know they finished recording the new Useless ID album today, and mixing beings today or tomorrow. Album is due in the summer.