Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by lisaNL »

Gregorovich wrote:Somehow I think the making of DVD will just be a compilation of lots of the studio update videos. Something tells me we won't get much new footage or demos. Although if I'm wrong, I'd love to watch it.
Well, didn't they say that it got shot by a professional cameraman? That means that it's different than the studio updates.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

yeah i remember them saying the making of was gonna be about 40 minutes long and that they'd seen 20 minutes of it and it looked awesome, so it sounds like it's a legit making of, i'm so stoked, i'll definitely pick up the version of the album with that one
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

yeah me too! Well, If it gets released here.. I hope it's a worldwide thing
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

lisaNL wrote:yeah me too! Well, If it gets released here.. I hope it's a worldwide thing
I think they said it will. Or Matt did anyway.

Only the Japanese will have another bonus, or something like that.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:
lisaNL wrote:yeah me too! Well, If it gets released here.. I hope it's a worldwide thing
I think they said it will. Or Matt did anyway.

Only the Japanese will have another bonus, or something like that.
Yeah.. the documentary of Sum 41 in Japan 2010
sum54184
Bunkface
First name: Hisham

Post by sum54184 »

i don't know if some one posted this before but i think it's great interview and i really hope that they tour with good charlotte
It just a sad song
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

sum54184 wrote:
i don't know if some one posted this before but i think it's great interview and i really hope that they tour with good charlotte
about 30 pages ago
sum54184
Bunkface
First name: Hisham

Post by sum54184 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
sum54184 wrote:
about 30 pages ago
oooohhh! my bad !!!!
It just a sad song
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

sum54184 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
sum54184 wrote:
about 30 pages ago
oooohhh! my bad !!!!
There's nothing you can do about that lol.. we don't expect you to catch up on a 100 pages..
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

In the japanese web of Sum 41 they said that the DVD to be released in Japan contain their stay in Japan, this is:
recorded their stay in Japan 2010 (Behind the Scenes at the 2010 visit) will be recorded.
DVD Contents are subject to change recording.
Last edited by Andros on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

pteargriffin wrote:yeah i remember them saying the making of was gonna be about 40 minutes long and that they'd seen 20 minutes of it and it looked awesome, so it sounds like it's a legit making of, i'm so stoked, i'll definitely pick up the version of the album with that one
Yeah, plus just think of how much of a rip-off it would be if they just used the updates from YouTube to make the "Making of" DVD... Why pay extra for something you can get for free off YouTube? So with that said, the majority of this DVD is probably going to be new with some stuff we've probably already seen before or know about.
Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Pocket Monkey »

Well here in itunes America, Screaming Blood Murder is charted 197 on he top 200 paid singles
Yes SBM is the last on the contract with Island. The band absolutely hates the label so...I highly doubt they will renew their contract. I have talked to Matt about this and he said they really have no idea what they will do in the future.
They should take the Trent Reznor route...but i doubt it, they are not rich/famous enough. do the sums have jobs? jw
Last edited by Pocket Monkey on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Pocket Monkey wrote:Well here in itunes America, Screaming Blood Murder is charted 197 on he top 200 paid singles
Yes SBM is the last on the contract with Island. The band absolutely hates the label so...I highly doubt they will renew their contract. I have talked to Matt about this and he said they really have no idea what they will do in the future.
They should take the Trent Reznor route...but i doubt it, they are not rich/famous enough. do the sums have jobs? jw
they play in some band sum 41
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

If only they had a music video to back up their amazing single... Only way it's getting around is by word of mouth
Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Pocket Monkey »

Tyler. wrote:
Pocket Monkey wrote:Well here in itunes America, Screaming Blood Murder is charted 197 on he top 200 paid singles
Haha :hehe: i mean like, day jobs when not in the studio. Like how Gob's members have average people jobs.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Pocket Monkey wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
Haha :hehe: i mean like, day jobs when not in the studio. Like how Gob's members have average people jobs.
I don't think so. Like Cone does some producing on the side for some bands in Toronto and Stevo does some directing for music videos, but other than that I don't think they have anything besides Sum 41.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Dave should have a guest appearance on the album.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, dunno if you guys saw, but there are setlits of the shows in Germany and Italy.. dunno if they are the real ones but they look very very cool if they are!

There are two setlits of the Turin show from two days ago actually, it has the same songs but different order:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sum-41/20 ... 2306a.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sum-41/20 ... 2306f.html

Apparently one setlist says the show started with No Reason.. the other says it started with Mr. Amsterdam, then continued to No Reason.. but anyway, they both list those two songs and along with Skumfuk and SBM.. it has a fuckin' perfect setlist! The only other Sum 41 song on here I could ask for is No Brains!

Plus, it says they played a cover of Rebel Yell by Billy Idol.. if it's true I would really love to hear that one!! Apparently Rebel Yell was also played on all 3 German shows, along with Mr. Amsterdam.

Gotta find some videos of this!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

setlist.fm is totally unreliable.. last week they had a setlist up 2 days before the actual show
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

blackhawk1105 wrote:setlist.fm is totally unreliable.. last week they had a setlist up 2 days before the actual show
I know they are, but so far in this tour, and from Eastpak setlists were correct. And the setlists from the French shows were correct.. plus, they said they're bringing back No Reason so it could be. About the Rebel Yell cover, I dunno.. but it seems like it replaced American Girl, so it could be..