Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jojothebatteur
First name: Jordan
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar-bass
Instrument 3: Piano-vocals

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jojothebatteur »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Jojothebatteur wrote:Hey guys!
Out of topic, maybe, but here's my cover of SBM on drums!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJVM6IxXB34
I hope you'll enjoy it!
Video blocked.. FUCK YOUTUBE!!

they even blocked one of Sum 41's own videos.. how retarded does it get!
lol i've done the "magic trick" to get it on youtube, so now it is ;)
Edit : was it the last update they put on Utube?
Last edited by Jojothebatteur on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sum 41 Fr Translator
http://sum41-france.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

punkbizzy wrote:I agree with everything you just said,you are great
thanks,I know

1.you cannot sell rock ??? just because Sum 41 doesn't sell that much,Blink 182 or Green Day don't exist ? there are rock bands still doing very well you know,still having halls for 25 000 people sold out,still having more then 50 000 people on the festivals...

+ the whole music industry is not doing very well if we talk about selling records...

2.I did not compare Yellowcard to Sum 41,oh my god,where did you find that ??? I just fucking said that the level of commercializing in these two bands is just the same ! The new single of Yellowcard is not any more catchy then the chorus of SBM,or the fucking beginning of SBM ...they will both fucking release a fucking slow song as a single ...

you can say that Rihanna or Lady Gaga are more commercialized than Sum 41,cause they do more stupid things to attract people then they write songs(not even sure if they write any of their own shit)...BUT YELLOWCARD and SUM 41 ?? c'mon
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Jojothebatteur wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Jojothebatteur wrote:Hey guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJVM6IxXB34
I hope you'll enjoy it!
Video blocked.. FUCK YOUTUBE!!

they even blocked one of Sum 41's own videos.. how retarded does it get!
lol i've done the "magic trick" to get it on youtube, so now it is ;)
Edit : was it the last update they put on Utube?
yeah the last one.. great cover btw
Jojothebatteur

Post by Jojothebatteur »

Yeah they're f**king retarded! Thanks a lot i appreciated!
Sum 41 Fr Translator
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Really like your cover Jordan !
Jojothebatteur

Post by Jojothebatteur »

182sins wrote:Really like your cover Jordan !
thanks a lot! I'm beggining to love his forum :silly:
Sum 41 Fr Translator
punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Post by punkbizzy »

FuckT41182 wrote:
punkbizzy wrote:I agree with everything you just said,you are great
thanks,I know
LOL! AHAH! :)
1.you cannot sell rock ??? just because Sum 41 doesn't sell that much,Blink 182 or Green Day don't exist ? there are rock bands still doing very well you know,still having halls for 25 000 people sold out,still having more then 50 000 people on the festivals...
Blink 182 does still exist? :p ahah! joke :) but they have to "prove" they still has it, if you know what I mean...because I will not start another discussion :) I just want to listen to the new album. I don't want them to make a new record with "Adam's Song" and others style...I've grown up, I hope their sound has grown up too. And that's what I love about SUM 41!!

Green Day is a good example in some ways (but they have slow singles too), but how many rock bands with that kind of crowd can you enumerate? And I've been in 3 Green Day shows and people only sing American Idiot songs. It fuk frustrates me, but that's how it is.
+ the whole music industry is not doing very well if we talk about selling records...
yeah, but not lady gaga and others...you know...
2.I did not compare Yellowcard to Sum 41,oh my god,where did you find that ??? I just fucking said that the level of commercializing in these two bands is just the same ! The new single of Yellowcard is not any more catchy then the chorus of SBM,or the fucking beginning of SBM ...they will both fucking release a fucking slow song as a single ...
Maybe I missunderstood you, but you said that the only difference between them was the songs. That sounds like they make the same kind of music.
you can say that Rihanna or Lady Gaga are more commercialized than Sum 41,cause they do more stupid things to attract people then they write songs(not even sure if they write any of their own shit)...BUT YELLOWCARD and SUM 41 ?? c'mon
I'm not here to be a hater or anything. You have your opinion and I respect it. I have mine and I hope you respect it too :)
I just think SUM 41 has a completely different style that cannot be compared with Yellowcard. But I respect Yellowcard.

EDIT: Sorry for my English.
Last edited by punkbizzy on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
punkbizzy
Bunkface

Post by punkbizzy »

Jojothebatteur wrote:
182sins wrote:Really like your cover Jordan !
thanks a lot! I'm beggining to love his forum :silly:
Cool! I left my comment on youtube :)
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

Hey guys!
thts kind of more on topic then what they r arguing about, i mean this is the screaming bloody murder discussion forum so i believe tht fits

awesome cover btw i added it to my favorites :glad:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

punkbizzy wrote:even better
either you don't udenrstand what I am saying or I don't know...this is not about opinions,this is about reality nad yes,Yellowcard and Sum 41 are totally different,as I said before like 3 times,but I am talking about them being a commercial band,they both are and they both have the same chance to be successful...I don't know how to explain it more simpler,SUM 41 AND YELLOWCARD ARE BOTH ON THE RADIO AND EVERYWHERE and that makes them the same bands with just the same chance to score and be as big as GD or Blink 182,even though their music is different
punkbizzy wrote:Maybe I missunderstood you, but you said that the only difference between them was the songs. That sounds like they make the same kind of music.
that was meant like they have different songs,different music,but they are both commercialized so they have the same chance to be famous
punkbizzy wrote:Green Day is a good example in some ways (but they have slow singles too), but how many rock bands with that kind of crowd can you enumerate? And I've been in 3 Green Day shows and people only sing American Idiot songs. It fuk frustrates me, but that's how it is.
yeah because Sum 41 has no slow songs as singles(Chuck-Some Say,Pieces|UH - With Me)...
punkbizzy wrote:Blink 182 does still exist? :p ahah! joke :) but they have to "prove" they still has it, if you know what I mean...because I will not start another discussion :) I just want to listen to the new album. I don't want them to make a new record with "Adam's Song" and others style...I've grown up, I hope their sound has grown up too. And that's what I love about SUM 41!!
doesn't matter if they still got it,we are talking about success among the rockers ...and their tour,each hall filled with more than 20 000 people,headlining a big festival with more than 100 000 people(I think they were headlining with Eminem) is just enough of proof to me ...

I respect your opinion,but this discussion we are having is more about facts ...and the fact is that Sum 41 and Yellowcard are both bands appearing in the media + being supported by their label...so how come that Yellowcard are more poppy ? They may be softer than Sum 41,they are,but a one good song like Fat Lip may sell millions of records,and slow songs like Back Home or Cigarette by Yellowcard may sell nothing ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
punkbizzy
Bunkface

Post by punkbizzy »

FuckT41182 wrote:
punkbizzy wrote:even better
either you don't udenrstand what I am saying or I don't know...this is not about opinions,this is about reality nad yes,Yellowcard and Sum 41 are totally different,as I said before like 3 times,but I am talking about them being a commercial band,they both are and they both have the same chance to be successful...I don't know how to explain it more simpler,SUM 41 AND YELLOWCARD ARE BOTH ON THE RADIO AND EVERYWHERE and that makes them the same bands with just the same chance to score and be as big as GD or Blink 182,even though their music is different
punkbizzy wrote:Maybe I missunderstood you, but you said that the only difference between them was the songs. That sounds like they make the same kind of music.
that was meant like they have different songs,different music,but they are both commercialized so they have the same chance to be famous
punkbizzy wrote:Green Day is a good example in some ways (but they have slow singles too), but how many rock bands with that kind of crowd can you enumerate? And I've been in 3 Green Day shows and people only sing American Idiot songs. It fuk frustrates me, but that's how it is.
yeah because Sum 41 has no slow songs as singles(Chuck-Some Say,Pieces|UH - With Me)...
punkbizzy wrote:Blink 182 does still exist? :p ahah! joke :) but they have to "prove" they still has it, if you know what I mean...because I will not start another discussion :) I just want to listen to the new album. I don't want them to make a new record with "Adam's Song" and others style...I've grown up, I hope their sound has grown up too. And that's what I love about SUM 41!!
doesn't matter if they still got it,we are talking about success among the rockers ...and their tour,each hall filled with more than 20 000 people,headlining a big festival with more than 100 000 people(I think they were headlining with Eminem) is just enough of proof to me ...

I respect your opinion,but this discussion we are having is more about facts ...and the fact is that Sum 41 and Yellowcard are both bands appearing in the media + being supported by their label...so how come that Yellowcard are more poppy ? They may be softer than Sum 41,they are,but a one good song like Fat Lip may sell millions of records,and slow songs like Back Home or Cigarette by Yellowcard may sell nothing ...
LOL! And I am the one not understanding? Are you kidding? You say it's all about facts. I say it's all about how you interpret the facts you are talking about and the things you know about that.

I will not continue this discussion because it is not what this topic is about. However I do not agree with the way you interpret "facts". PM me if you want to have a decent discussion.
You can take the bicycle. LOL xD
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Lars wrote:New interview 'From Paris':

http://www.from-paris.com/sum-41-interview-from-paris/

EDIT/ Pretty lame, imo.

EDIT2/ Here's another one:

http://www.thevine.com.au/music/intervi ... 10207.aspx

Pretty mainstream as well.
Yeah, not some of the best we've been getting. But they have been doing a lot of press for SBM which is exciting. Pretty interesting that The Guess Who is an influence for The Sums. The lead singer is my second cousin, haha.

The second link, pretty interesting to hear that Derycks repsonse about Dave.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Second link: I didn't know Liam Gallagher thinks that of the sums, I like his music, but I don't really like the guy.
And it's Deryck not "Deryk" !!!!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

punkbizzy wrote:LOL! And I am the one not understanding? Are you kidding? You say it's all about facts. I say it's all about how you interpret the facts you are talking about and the things you know about that.

I will not continue this discussion because it is not what this topic is about. However I do not agree with the way you interpret "facts". You can take the bicycle. LOL xD
yes you are ...what the fuck has a fact got to do with an opinion ?
why am I even talking to you ? your very first sentence was bullshit,I was trying to explain something and you still don't get the fucking point ...

Yellowcard is for girls. And it's kind of pop. So it's more "pop"ular. lol
SUM 41 is rock. You can't sell rock these days. :/

read that shit you wrote again(above),maybe you will get it,if you won't,then I am through and I agree that

Rock doesn't sell,Green Day,Blink 182,MCR,Linkin Park don't exist and Blink 182(that doesn't exist) haven't proved their qualities on the last tour,they sold no tickets or anything...

Sum 41 are a rock band that have never been famous,because they are a rock band ...SUM 41 IS FUCKING AS COMMERCIALIZED AS YELLOWCARD,that is not any of my fucking stupid opinions that I would die for,that is a fact...or do you wanna say that only Yellowcard makes catchy songs ? Sum 41 doesn't ?
punkbizzy
Bunkface

Post by punkbizzy »

FuckT41182 wrote:
punkbizzy wrote:LOL! And I am the one not understanding? Are you kidding? You say it's all about facts. I say it's all about how you interpret the facts you are talking about and the things you know about that.

I will not continue this discussion because it is not what this topic is about. However I do not agree with the way you interpret "facts". You can take the bicycle. LOL xD
yes you are ...what the fuck has a fact got to do with an opinion ?
why am I even talking to you ? your very first sentence was bullshit,I was trying to explain something and you still don't get the fucking point ...

Yellowcard is for girls. And it's kind of pop. So it's more "pop"ular. lol
SUM 41 is rock. You can't sell rock these days. :/

read that shit you wrote again(above),maybe you will get it,if you won't,then I am through and I agree that

Rock doesn't sell,Green Day,Blink 182,MCR,Linkin Park don't exist and Blink 182(that doesn't exist) haven't proved their qualities on the last tour,they sold no tickets or anything...

Sum 41 are a rock band that have never been famous,because they are a rock band ...SUM 41 IS FUCKING AS COMMERCIALIZED AS YELLOWCARD,that is not any of my fucking stupid opinions that I would die for,that is a fact...or do you wanna say that only Yellowcard makes catchy songs ? Sum 41 doesn't ?

LOL! Ok...

1- my first sentence was kind of a joke. but it really hurt your feelings. sorry about that. anyway, I still think Yellowcard is for girls. LOL

2- MCR? Linkin Park? sorry, you lost my interest on your opinion. and the way you argue makes you look like a kid that does not accept others opinions, that can't see the anything but his reason and that has to win.

Say what you want, think what you think. I really don't care. fuk this.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

What the fuck, let's get back on topic. Please.

Exchange phone numbers if you want to argue on.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:What the fuck, let's get back on topic. Please.

Exchange phone numbers if you want to argue on.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

punkbizzy wrote:LOL! Ok...

1- my first sentence was kind of a joke. but it really hurt your feelings. sorry about that. anyway, I still think Yellowcard is for girls. LOL

2- MCR? Linkin Park? sorry, you lost my interest on your opinion. and the way you argue makes you look like a kid that does not accept others opinions, that can't see the anything but his reason and that has to win.

Say what you want, think what you think. I really don't care. fuk this.
so you still don't get it...and stop talking about my feelings,because it makes you look pathetic when you say some bullshit you know nothing about,my feelings were not hurt,don't worry

and stop talking about opinions,this discussion was not based on any fucking opinion...
Quartz (SiO2), the main mineral in silica sand, has a melting temperature of 4,200 degrees Farenheit, or 2,300 degrees C.
that is a fact,we were talking about facts too,not about fucking opinion ...
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

lol @ these fights. At least I guess they are fights, since I totally ignored those posts.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

They are..

Calm down ladies..