Sugarcult need to get back out there

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Sugarcult need to get back out there

Post by pteargriffin »

Another band that still tends to live shows, but hasn't done much since their album "Lights Out". I love the veteran pop punk groups from my generation, so many bands were put in that genre, but you had blink, green day, sum 41, sugarcult, jimmy eat world, yellowcard, new found glory, good charlotte, even the cheesy simple plan haha, and obviously there's more, like goldfinger, etc, but my point is, look at all these groups, they all were in the pop punk genre, but none of them sounded the same, they all had their own thing, you look at "pop punk" bands now and i can't pull any of them out of a lineup, they all sound the same, but luckily, jimmy's still out there, along with green day, blink's coming back, yellowcard's coming back, sum 41 is constantly trucking along, sugarcult need to as well to keep the quality pop punk bands out there haha, i'm a big fan of sugarcult, lights out was a pretty under appreciated record in my opinion, i just finished listening to start static again and felt like posting this to see who else liked them because i couldn't find a solid fansite like we got for sum 41 with theresnosolution.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Re: Sugarcult need to get back out there

Post by Raku »

pteargriffin wrote:Another band that still tends to live shows, but hasn't done much since their album "Lights Out". I love the veteran pop punk groups from my generation, so many bands were put in that genre, but you had blink, green day, sum 41, sugarcult, jimmy eat world, yellowcard, new found glory, good charlotte, even the cheesy simple plan haha, and obviously there's more, like goldfinger, etc, but my point is, look at all these groups, they all were in the pop punk genre, but none of them sounded the same, they all had their own thing, you look at "pop punk" bands now and i can't pull any of them out of a lineup, they all sound the same, but luckily, jimmy's still out there, along with green day, blink's coming back, yellowcard's coming back, sum 41 is constantly trucking along, sugarcult need to as well to keep the quality pop punk bands out there haha, i'm a big fan of sugarcult, lights out was a pretty under appreciated record in my opinion, i just finished listening to start static again and felt like posting this to see who else liked them because i couldn't find a solid fansite like we got for sum 41 with theresnosolution.
Well for your information
===Hiatus (2009-Present)===
The band members are taking a year off in 2009 from Sugarcult for their 10 year anniversary to do their own side-projects. They are neither broken up, nor are they currently known to be working on new Sugarcult material as of mid-2010.

At the end of 2010, they announced that they will be playing at least two shows in the United Kingdom and will then be performing at the Belgium music festival Groezrock, all at the end of April. With the ten-year anniversary of their debut album coming in August 2011, there is hope that new material is currently being worked on for the release of the band's sixth full-length studio album.
Yeah this info is from wikipedia, I don't give a shit
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

yeah i've seen that, really hoping for some american shows and the supposed new material haha
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

the only song I know by them is called Memory ...maybe,I just heard it on Punk Goes Acoustic ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

FuckT41182 wrote:the only song I know by them is called Memory ...maybe,I just heard it on Punk Goes Acoustic ...
Two best songs from them ; )
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

^ My top 2 would be Bouncing Off the Walls Again and Do It Alone :P Also Memory and Shaking are pretty sweet.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

She's the Blade is a good song
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I now more songs by this band than I thougt I would ...I even have their whole discography in my computer,as I found out XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

DeryckW wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:the only song I know by them is called Memory ...maybe,I just heard it on Punk Goes Acoustic ...
Two best songs from them ; )
"memory" and "what you say" are their best from what i've heard.
Last edited by dbauer91 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

They took a break for their 10-year anniversary. One wanted to go back to school I think, trust me I want to hear new music from them too really bad, but they might be back soon, but only time will tell!
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

yeah definitely for those who haven't listened to all their stuff, definitely check it out, great records, like sum41 a lot of their best stuff never saw the spotlight