Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Lars »

Deryck is amazing.

I talked to him in September, backstage at a belgian festival. He wasn't druk at all, and he was so amazingly down-to-earth. Almost unbelievable.

Had a chat for about 10 minutes or so, and during that time, he thanked me like... 5 times for being such a fan.

Those 10 minutes really changed my view on him completely.

He's... I don't know... Just.. Normal after all. Just like he wants to be.
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

yeah deryck is cool, why are there so many haters overhere. Im also every weekend wasted. Im a social guy, i'm going to a lot of partys. drugs and alcohol belong to that. You need to try everything, and make a good time of your life. Booya

And when you are always sitting down, it is your choice, i don't care about that. So why is everybody taking care of deryck? its his life. And he is not that much. Just when the camera is on
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

dirk wrote:yeah deryck is cool, why are there so many haters overhere. Im also every weekend wasted. Im a social guy, i'm going to a lot of partys. drugs and alcohol belong to that. You need to try everything, and make a good time of your life. Booya

And when you are always sitting down, it is your choice, i don't care about that. So why is everybody taking care of deryck? its his life. And he is not that much. Just when the camera is on
exactly,I don't take drugs,don't dring alcohol or some cigarettes...and I still don't give a fuck if Deryck does any of those,cause it's fucking none of my business ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

We're talking about his health.. I'm sure he wants to live as long as possible.. I have quite a few drinks as well.. but it's getting way out of hand for Deryck..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

maybe it is,but what can you do for him ? IMO he just wants to be married to some awesome woman,which is no an easy thing to do ...so he's married to alcohol and drugs now ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I agree about Deryck's lifestyle being unhealthy, but like stated before there's nothing we can do about it, it's his life. And I'm not against smoking, almost everyone in my family smokes (except me) but I just hope that his smoking habit won't affect his voice.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

FuckT41182 wrote:maybe it is,but what can you do for him ? IMO he just wants to be married to some awesome woman,which is no an easy thing to do ...so he's married to alcohol and drugs now ...
that's such a fucked pov. so you're saying that it's okay to be "married" to drugs and alcohol. plus this shit is affecting the band. i'm sure if deryck was clean, they would have made the 2009 deadline and the album would already have been out for quite some time. but due to the drugs/binge drinking and the carelessness/disorganization which ensues, it's taken them way too long.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

blackhawk1105 wrote:The weird thing is that in one of the 2 interviews they did 2 days ago they asked Steve something about his accident and he looked quite suprised and Cone had to tell him what they were talking about
I'm pretty sure you're talking about the New.Music.Live interview? When I was there I was kind of thinking the same. Steve only said "Yeah, well, I hurt my arm" and then changed the subject quickly. Not saying he didn't hurt his arm or anything, just that was quite weird, yes.
dirk
Bunkface

Post by dirk »

thanks for your support fuckT41

for the people who are worried about deryck, it isnt so bad. He is not using drugs right now. He isn't drinking so much.
Just in de video updates. Thats maybe 0,1% of his live right now. Deryck is 30 and he has enough respsonsibllity to take care of his own.

it is just fuckt up with his back, my mom has the same thing. She is always crying in the night of the pain. I dont hope it is so bad with deryck

barbara streisand!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

dbauer91 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:maybe it is,but what can you do for him ? IMO he just wants to be married to some awesome woman,which is no an easy thing to do ...so he's married to alcohol and drugs now ...
that's such a fucked pov. so you're saying that it's okay to be "married" to drugs and alcohol. plus this shit is affecting the band. i'm sure if deryck was clean, they would have made the 2009 deadline and the album would already have been out for quite some time. but due to the drugs/binge drinking and the carelessness/disorganization which ensues, it's taken them way too long.
I can't find the part where I said it is okay ...I think that nothing in Deryck's life is okay these days,but the only thing I wanna say is that we as fans cannot change anything ...they seem to like that style,they like to talk about it and according to the interviews,the more unconciousness caused by alcohol there will be on their tour,the more cool they will feel,or the more they will like it ...it is not okay,but go to meet him,look in his eyes and tell him that he should be more reasonable or something :D it is just bullshit to even think about...
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Deryck can drink as much as he wants and I wouldn't care. I just don't want him getting caught up with drugs and shit, although I'm pretty sure he only drinks right now.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

anyway.. didn't we already discuss this before?
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Man, I'm getting bored of all this crap.

Who are we to judge him?

Now; back on topic. Please.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Lars wrote:Man, I'm getting bored of all this crap.

Who are we to judge him?

This. As long as it's not effecting their stage performance and those aspects, as much as we do care about them and their health. They are fully capable of taking care of themselves. It's okay to show some concern though.

Anyway, they finally made it to Paris earlier!
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

this is what i meant when i said can we get back to the album discussion, none of you can do anything about his "health", this topic just goes in circles, can we just get off it finally? they're adults, let's go, new subject, enough of this, it's annoying and a downer
Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Pocket Monkey »

Who are we to judge him?

Thank you, we just got a huge interview, and all we can discuss about, is Deryck and his drinking problems.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

Pocket Monkey wrote:

Who are we to judge him?

Thank you, we just got a huge interview, and all we can discuss about, is Deryck and his drinking problems.
seriously haha, love the interviews we getting, i want more haha, if not a new song, then more interviews please! haha
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

pteargriffin wrote:
Pocket Monkey wrote:

Who are we to judge him?

seriously haha, love the interviews we getting, i want more haha, if not a new song, then more interviews please! haha
Especially the ones we've been getting lately. They really clarify some things about SBM. And some things we didn't know, such as Deryck paying for the last few songs himself. Just shows he believes in their music.
dirk
Bunkface

Post by dirk »

when is there a new video of the sums coming online, like the updates, after parys