Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

pteargriffin
Bunkface

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by pteargriffin »

gejmik wrote:Does anyone have a link for youtube video where Deryck says "We're back, fuck you."? I wanted to send it to a friend and couldn't find it. And this thread is.. you know.. huge :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9rNn4X3cxo he says it in this one too and this ones really funny haha love this interview
punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Post by punkbizzy »

pteargriffin wrote:
gejmik wrote:Does anyone have a link for youtube video where Deryck says "We're back, fuck you."? I wanted to send it to a friend and couldn't find it. And this thread is.. you know.. huge :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9rNn4X3cxo he says it in this one too and this ones really funny haha love this interview
Funny interview xD
Except that part about Dave :/

Anyways..."if Sweeney Todd worked to make a record, this is the record he'd make" :D
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

punkbizzy wrote:
pteargriffin wrote:
Funny interview xD
Except that part about Dave :/

Anyways..."if Sweeney Todd worked to make a record, this is the record he'd make" :D
i love that sweeney todd quote, that's so fucking awesome haha
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I really cannot wait for this record. It's gonna fucking rule. Previous Sum 41 albums (Chuck & UH) have only reached 9/10 on my album scale, even though they're my favourite band. I really hope SBM becomes a 10, alongside Green Day's American Idiot. All the songs I hear of sound great- Reason to Believe, New Skumfuk, Jessica Kill, Epic, Blood in My Eyes to name just a couple. Undoubtedly this album will blow all other works out of the water, but it's just a matter of time an appreciation.

As for haters, go hate on Youtube instead.
fuck this signature nonsense
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Sum 41 wrote:be the 500,000 viewer and win a toaster oven! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEbemsHuB-4
Damn... I was 500,050th...

There goes my breakfast.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Oh noes, the Sums' flight is canceled!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I'm more worried about them not having started working on a music video.. their first show is in 4 days..
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Seems that we won't have the sbm video before a long time
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

They can't shoot music video during tour?
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

screaming bloody murder (the song) always reminds me of the game left for dead 2 because i was playing said game when i was waiting for it in the online radio thing. i'm hoping the music video (if any) takes a dark setting instead of just a video of them playing live.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Volted wrote:screaming bloody murder (the song) always reminds me of the game left for dead 2 because i was playing said game when i was waiting for it in the online radio thing. i'm hoping the music video (if any) takes a dark setting instead of just a video of them playing live.
the video will be like a crime scene investigation of the events leading up to and including brown tom passed out in a field in a nurses costume.
fuck this signature nonsense
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Hmm I must say that is annoying that they haven't done a video, the single would profit from it and then they wouldn't have to deal with anything on tour or afterwards more than a month after the single's release....hur sometimes the Sums, idk :suicide:
Last edited by MetalMilitant41 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

anyone esle find deryck straight-up unpleasant? like all he is recently is a boozed-up mess who looks like a fucking idiot w/ sunglasses during the day and the whole punk getup. i'm sure i'm gonna get shit from everyone on here, but w/e it's my opinion. and i'm not trying to diminish his songwriting etc., but he legit doesn't seem like a nice guy to be around. he's always talking in a downer tone, doesn't even look at who he's talking to (and if he does, he's got the sunglasses on, which is rude), and just ignores the label/staffers etc. anytime they curteously ask him to do anything. and i get it, they're rock stars, but the way deryck deals w/ alot of people just seems to be disrespectful and pretty rude. and i think he legit needs to go to rehab too, cuz between the HEAVY drinking and smoking and possible drugs, he's a fucking mess.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

^^blame Avril
but honestly, he is a very nice guy, especially to fans

btw, LOL'd at this comment on their latest picture from Twitter
Hannah Beaudry 1 hour ago
Love your music.. that said are you guys makin a new cd anytime soon? :)
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

fenderrocks wrote:^^blame Avril

Oh dear lord.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

fenderrocks wrote:^^blame Avril

nah, deryck's 30 years old. he should be responsible enough to not let himself turn into such a mess. although i do wonder if brown tom is to blame to an extent, cuz deryck definitely wasn't this bad when dave was in the band.
Heather

Post by Heather »

dbauer91 wrote:nah, deryck's 30 years old. he should be responsible enough to not let himself turn into such a mess. although i do wonder if brown tom is to blame to an extent, cuz deryck definitely wasn't this bad when dave was in the band.
I edited my post after you saw it, but to elaborate
From personal experience he is a very sweet guy and just acts normal when he's not wasted. Most of the interviews and such have been done during drunkenness or hangovers. He still seems to answer their questions how he always has, quick and to the point. the sunglasses are just a "fashion" statement or hangover hiders....It is sad to see him this way, but he is a nice guy
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

fenderrocks wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:nah, deryck's 30 years old. he should be responsible enough to not let himself turn into such a mess. although i do wonder if brown tom is to blame to an extent, cuz deryck definitely wasn't this bad when dave was in the band.
I edited my post after you saw it, but to elaborate
From personal experience he is a very sweet guy and just acts normal when he's not wasted. Most of the interviews and such have been done during drunkenness or hangovers. He still seems to answer their questions how he always has, quick and to the point. the sunglasses are just a "fashion" statement or hangover hiders....It is sad to see him this way, but he is a nice guy
well i'm sure he is a nice guy, but there's not much to indicate that lately. and saying, "oh well he's drunk" is no excuse for him wearing sunglasses during the day and being all gloomy during interviews, and kinda makes my point that he needs help for me. legit, how many interviews have we watched regarding sbm? and how many video updates etc? he's drunk in at least 95% of them, and that's like 2 years worth of interviews we're talking about. he really needs help.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I don't think Brown Tom could really be blamed because he was in the band since late 2006 and from that point up until 2008ish and Deryck's divorce, Deryck was still sober at Sum 41 shows. In the days of Does This Look Infected, Deryck had done cocaine and LSD and was getting drunk before every show. He cleaned up his act in 2004 when he started dating Avril. He stopped doing drugs and getting drunk before live performances.
Heather

Post by Heather »

dbauer91 wrote:well i'm sure he is a nice guy, but there's not much to indicate that lately. and saying, "oh well he's drunk" is no excuse for him wearing sunglasses during the day and being all gloomy during interviews, and kinda makes my point that he needs help for me. legit, how many interviews have we watched regarding sbm? and how many video updates etc? he's drunk in at least 95% of them, and that's like 2 years worth of interviews we're talking about. he really needs help.
sadly I agree with you, seems like he's really gotten into the "darkness" and the "fuck you" of this album and has concerned me ever since 09. But its just where he is in life now, nothing we can do. And you can say its his responsibility and all, and it is, but it started with Avril, period