Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Tyler. »

don't condone suicide
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:If it leaks I'm not coming on here anymore because everyone is gonna be talking about songs, and give VERY detailed descriptions of the songs, and I don't want to hear it.
Volted wrote:maybe the mods/admins can make a thread specifically for the discussion of leaks. i'm sure they'd respect the wishes of those who don't want to listen to the leak because there's a lot of people who wouldn't.
Simon wrote:I don't care about a leak, I just won't listen to it and I don't care if that means I will be the only person not talking about it.
I hate it when someone already posts my thoughts and I've got nothing else to add. :glad:

But yeah, I'm already having a hard time trying to ignore the posts that are about the analysis from that French site. I want to HEAR the songs first, I don't want anyone to explain them to me.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I really hope they're not being crookednoosed bastards and release 62 different version of the records which you have to buy if you want all the bonus stuff. Please release just one regular and one deluxe version.

No offense to the jews.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Double Deluxe for me ^^
fuck this signature nonsense
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I'll probably listen to it when it leaks, after waiting for so long the tempation will be too big. And I'll buy the cd anyway.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

I want to listen to the album on my epic CD player not on my computer.
So I'll be waiting till 29th of March (:
Last edited by Shelley41 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

If the album really leaks like a month before official release I wouldn't be able to hold myself, though if we're talking about a week or two before, so I guess I would be able to stop myself until official release , or at least until the Japanese official release haha, which is a week before.

It's really hard to anticipate when an album could leak.. I mean, like Dylan said with the Against Me! album which leaked 3 months before release, then you have such albums as MCR's latest which leaked barely a week or less before the release, or I remember Slash's solo album which leaked the same day as the Japanese release.. which was like 3 days before the US release..though I remember how uninteresting it was for me to listen to this album since songs from that album were leaked one at at the time during the month before, so when it got finally released, it had only 2 new songs for me.

Another great example for a leak is New York Dolls' latest album which leaked yesterday is due for release on March 15. Giving me high hopes that maybe the new Rise Against which is released the same day will leak in the coming week or so :winkwink:
Last edited by Hentaiman on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

i'd love for a leak haha, i wanna hear it, but i also don't want them to get hurt in the album sales, i'll still buy it regardless of a leak or not, i prefer having the physical cd and booklet, i wish sum41 would do vinyls, maybe some day
Kuesel10
First name: Nick

Post by Kuesel10 »

Is there some new info about the 12-minute song from Matt?
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Simon wrote:
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:So we got a bunch of crappy titles, Skumfuk renamed, a 12 minute song that either doesn't exist or isn't 12 minutes and a review stating the album is mediocre at best...

Good grief.
Better kill yourself now before it gets any worse. Plus then the rest of us can enjoy the anticipation without having to hear you whining all the time.
Why? Cause I have a different opinion than you? Do we really need a message board filled with a 100 Simon's? As a fellow Sum fan (for almost a decade now) I believe I have some position to make the call on whether this album description sounds particularly interesting. It's not doing anything for me though. Whether you like that or not, at least respect it like the other users.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Of course there are different opinions, Simon just thought you sounded very pessimistic about a thing that seems pretty exciting for him.

It's humour, you know.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Who cares about a random album description? Your conclusion "mediocre at best" is not even close to what it actually says. And no, I won't respect premature judgement ever, especially not from someone who should be excited for this album. The fact that you're being such a bummer just because you don't like the songtitles, only see the worst in that review and even defend that, makes me doubt that you are what I consider a fellow Sum 41 fan who just happens to have a different opinion with me.

Plus, I was joking because I didn't know if you were serious or ironic. Now we know.

Heather didn't like the songtitles so much either. But that didn't make me respect her opinion any less, because she obviously understood how meaningless that notion ultimately was without the correlating music, even though she is one of the few people here, who already heard it.
Last edited by Simon on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Since theres all this talk about what went on with the 12 minute song, should i ask The Sums about it tomorrow at new.music.live?
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Definitely haha, it needs clearing up

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

btw. are you all so sure that 12min song will be part of the record? I mean, in december Cone said it will be out in January, it's not, but still, would a band put 12 mins of the entire record (+ Skumfuk and Screaming Bloody Murder) just put out for free? I mean, this is almost half of the record. I think 12min song will be out before or after releasing SBM.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

SumGeek wrote:Since theres all this talk about what went on with the 12 minute song, should i ask The Sums about it tomorrow at new.music.live?
if you have the chance, i'd say go for it!
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I think the 12-minute song is divided into three separate parts on the record. It's too epic to be left out.
It was originally planned to be released a long time ago, but since it's now only two months till the album release, I see no point in releasing it before the album anymore.
Last edited by TomiT14 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Simon wrote:Who cares about a random album description?
Umm... he actually LISTENED to the album... so he knows more about the album than anyone on this board now.
Simon wrote:Your conclusion "mediocre at best" is not even close to what it actually says.
Sorry, the comparisons to MCR, Green Day, James Blunt, Muse aren't very flattering to me.
Simon wrote:And no, I won't respect premature judgement ever,
All I said was "Good Grief"... What premature judgement are you refering to? I was expressing my dissapointment with the NEWS we were getting.
Simon wrote: The fact that you're being such a bummer just because you don't like the songtitles, only see the worst in that review and even defend that, makes me doubt that you are what I consider a fellow Sum 41 fan who just happens to have a different opinion with me.
What are you suggesting? Pretend that I'm 12, (the age at which I would like lame titles like All Comes To An End?) and ignore the only person who has actuallylistened to the album just because he isn't a huge fan?
Simon wrote:Heather didn't like the songtitles so much either. But that didn't make me respect her opinion any less, because she obviously understood how meaningless that notion ultimately was without the correlating music, even though she is one of the few people here, who already heard it.
Heather said she 1) didn't care for the titles. 2) was dissapointing that Skumfuk was retitled 3)Wondered what the hell happened to the 12 minute song. 4) Concerned about review... Which is EXACTLY what I first posted. The only difference is that I'm more disappointed because I have high expectations for this album and frankly I haven't been blown away with anything yet.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Well if it is part of the record I don't see any point releasing it now or in the past. Because 12 minutes of the record, that's A LOT. That's such a big part of the record that it just couldn't be released for free... I still force myself to think it's not part of the album because that would mean 14 songs + another 12 minutes + some b-sides and that's just fucking awesome, maybe too awesome to be it truth :devious:
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

im pretty sure the sums said b4 tht the 12 minute song is jst 3 different songs tht bleed into each other on the album so if the times of each song has also been released jst add up 3 in a row and see which group adds up to around 12