Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Andros »

Guys this is from Sum41 twitter it's about the cover
We should probably choose a cover soon
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

fenderrocks wrote:
Volted wrote:i actually thought the song was about a question of faith and that the 'bloody murder' was a metaphor for losing trust in the faith. it might be a way of blaming god for everything wrong in his life (god will set you up to bleed, i'm just his disgrace, etc)
thats kinda the feeling I got too, which you did manage to explain in 3 sentences, I was just trying to condense it, and failed...haha
ah, i thought your interpretation seemed more optimistic, that "do things in the moment" thing takes a more existentialist viewpoint. after reading that i could see how the song is about that too.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Volted wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
Volted wrote:i actually thought the song was about a question of faith and that the 'bloody murder' was a metaphor for losing trust in the faith. it might be a way of blaming god for everything wrong in his life (god will set you up to bleed, i'm just his disgrace, etc)
thats kinda the feeling I got too, which you did manage to explain in 3 sentences, I was just trying to condense it, and failed...haha
ah, i thought your interpretation seemed more optimistic, that "do things in the moment" thing takes a more existentialist viewpoint. after reading that i could see how the song is about that too.
existentialist....I'm saving that badass word

anyways, knowing D there is probably 4 different underlying meanings that even he doesn't know
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOUUU!!!
41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

Remember they had a contest to create an cover, so on twitter when they say we should choose an album cover soon i think they might mean that.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOUUU!!!
What did you say? I can't remember... :(

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

41ariley wrote:Remember they had a contest to create an cover, so on twitter when they say we should choose an album cover soon i think they might mean that.
That was my contest and it was done like 6 months ago, I don't think its coming from one of the entries
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

fenderrocks wrote:
41ariley wrote:Remember they had a contest to create an cover, so on twitter when they say we should choose an album cover soon i think they might mean that.
That was my contest and it was done like 6 months ago, I don't think its coming from one of the entries
Neither do i.

I hope they will make wicked music videos for SBM and it will appear on TV :)
I'd appreciate some more merch as well.

41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

fenderrocks wrote:
ohh right cool, did you get any decent entries you could pass on?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

41ariley wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
ohh right cool, did you get any decent entries you could pass on?
FC Sum41 Album Cover Design Contest
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

FakeNinja wrote:
That the new artwork being the album art was BS, and the real cover is coming from the desert photoshoot.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
FakeNinja wrote:
That the new artwork being the album art was BS, and the real cover is coming from the desert photoshoot.
Oh, the same as i said then :p

Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Yes, it is a metaphor, and I agree with you partially, but I don't believe Deryck is really blaming god. I think he's accepting everything that god puts us all through. That's it all part of the plan to make us suffer, and that we shouldn't make a big deal about it or "scream bloody murder"
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

hmm...since when they do believe in God ??
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Last.Fm has decided not to scrobble my 61 plays of SBM. It doesn't matter, I'll probably make up for it by the end of the night.
Is there something wrong with me?

and this isn't the album cover? Wonder what it'll look like then.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

FuckT41182 wrote:hmm...since when they do believe in God ??
You sir, has a point.

Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

finglemaster wrote:
Yes, it is a metaphor, and I agree with you partially, but I don't believe Deryck is really blaming god. I think he's accepting everything that god puts us all through. That's it all part of the plan to make us suffer, and that we shouldn't make a big deal about it or "scream bloody murder"
good point. though i don't think blame and acceptance are that exclusive; it is possible to blame everything wrong in your life on something, but at the same time accept that you're going to have to suffer because of said thing. it's not necessarily god either; i think it's the concept of faith. most people put their faith in god though, so that's probably why deryck uses god as an element in the lyrics.

i've actually never known that 'scream bloody murder' meant that "making a big deal over something that doesn't deserve that attention". i always thought it was used as an expression for someone who discovers something that truly shocks them (like murder for example).
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

So I was on Sum 41's facebook yesterday and was just lookin' at the comments, and this is what the kid posted...
asshole kid who doesn't know good music wrote:New song is horrible :S thanks now I'm in depression because of that awful new sum shit. miss all killer no filler one and chuck :(
and I said,
Anthony wrote:seriously dude?!?! If you hate this song then just listen to their old albums. This one is going to be heavier and darker, so if you don't like this song, don't bother buying the album.
What is wrong with this kid?! How can you miss two completely different albums? One is pop punk and the other is metal punk. SBM is on the lines of Chuck, and he doesn't like it?!?!?!?!

Oh and what cracks me up is that he wanted to add me as a friend! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Dudes! It took almost a year to break the 200-page mark, and now we've gained 100 more pages in less than a month!

Craziness.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Volted wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
good point. though i don't think blame and acceptance are that exclusive; it is possible to blame everything wrong in your life on something, but at the same time accept that you're going to have to suffer because of said thing. it's not necessarily god either; i think it's the concept of faith. most people put their faith in god though, so that's probably why deryck uses god as an element in the lyrics.

i've actually never known that 'scream bloody murder' meant that "making a big deal over something that doesn't deserve that attention". i always thought it was used as an expression for someone who discovers something that truly shocks them (like murder for example).
That wouldn't be much of an expression then now would it? It's like the boy who cried wolf.