Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Eneru
First name: Matteo

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Eneru »

Again?? :suicide: Why have they added other Europeans date?? I love them, but in few months they come back in Europe like 3-4times and they always played old stuff. The were in europe since the 2Dec, and after 2 months they added other european dates, without playing the new album (and also without the new single, since it won't be confirmed).
The Sums were talkin about a surprise in July 2010, and now we're talking of June 2011?? IR sucks, really. And someone should tells everyones the causes of this delay.
On 29th october, Tom told me that they were choosing the first single when I asked him a motivation about the posticipations. I don't really know what I should think now..
I-Day festival, BOLOGNA (4/9/10) - Blink 182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, All Time Low
Eastpak Antidote Tour: LONDON (29/10/10)
Eastpak Antidote Tour: MILANO (13/11/10)
Screaming Bloody Murder Tour: BOLOGNA (13/02/11)
Screaming Bloody Murder Tour: IMOLA (28/06/2011) - Sum 41, My chemical Romance, Linkin Park
Rock in IdRho: RHO (21/07/2012)
Kerrang! Tour: NORWICH (16/02/2016)
SESTO SAN GIOVANNI (26/08/2016)
Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour: PADOVA (28/01/2017)
Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour: MILANO (29/01/2017)
Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour: ROMA (31/01/2017)
Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour: PARIS (22/02/2017)
Don't call it a Sum-Back Tour: MANCHESTER (25/02/2017)
Rock Am Ring: NüRBURGRING (03/06/2017)
Does This Look Infected? 15th Anniversary: NEW YORK (12/05/2018)
Beat Festival: EMPOLI (30/08/2018)
Rimini Rock Park: RIMINI (31/08/2018)
LIGNANO SABBIADORO (01/09/2018)
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

fenderrocks wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
pullthecurtain4141 wrote:Does anyone have any pics from the summer album shoot? They basically look like mug shots.
Was there anymore besides these?
Nope.. that was it..
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:So I bet this European leg in February should be the first European stop in support of SBM (as part of the SBM world tour I guess) and it should coincide wit the single release I guess, so that should be cool.
This short Euro tour is similar to the ones they made last year in April and September. Call it whatever you want, but it's not yet part of the SBM tour. But that doesn't rule out possible new songs on the setlist.
No, this time it has to be in support of SBM, or at least in support of the single! I mean, C'mon, they've been touring since April 2010 already.. and it's not even the world tour for the album and they toured pretty much non-stop since April (except in May when Stevo was in an accident or whatever).
My point is, anyway, that they've coming back in February to places they played in November, there's not fuckin' point in playing the same places in two months after they did, while doing the same set exactly.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Somebody should talk to the head of Island Def Jam, get him on the phone or something and talk this through. Preferably a mr. tough guy if you know what i mean :devious:

Otherwise, bomb their buildin' :D

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Eneru wrote:Again?? :suicide: Why have they added other Europeans date?? I love them, but in few months they come back in Europe like 3-4times and they always played old stuff. The were in europe since the 2Dec, and after 2 months they added other european dates, without playing the new album (and also without the new single, since it won't be confirmed).
The Sums were talkin about a surprise in July 2010, and now we're talking of June 2011?? IR sucks, really. And someone should tells everyones the causes of this delay.
On 29th october, Tom told me that they were choosing the first single when I asked him a motivation about the posticipations. I don't really know what I should think now..
everyone here knows that the delay is caused by IR so nobody has to say anything ...and IR explained why is the album going to be out after Christmas (because albums released around Christmas get forgotten pretty fast) ...and so the only thing we can complain about is the lack of information on the SBM subject ...the thing about album being out in June is not confirmed and so it's probably just nothing more than a stupid joke ...so the only thing we can complain about now is that we know shit about their new album 3 months before it's feasible release date...
but maybe that will just make the surprise bigger...and if the album will be supported by IR as we all expect it to be and hope for it to be,than we will forget about all this shit ...but still I kinda don't believe that they will put that much effort into making a big boom of Sum 41' s new album ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I'm not supporting the short Euro tour until they play near me again.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

It definitely needs some good promotion and from what i'm seeing at the moment their isn't enough hype caused by Island's handling of the record, the hype is only centered with us hardcore fans, hopefully this will change, but their leaving it later and later. when the album comes out they better fucking promote it or their building will be bombed lol
Last edited by MetalMilitant41 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:It definitely needs some good promotion and from what i'm seeing at the moment their isn't enough hype caused by Island's handling of the record, the hype is only centered with us hardcore fans, hopefully this will change, but their leaving it later and later. when the album comes out they better fucking promote it or their building will be bombed lol
I'm on for the bombin'
we can hire Al-Qaeda if that works out kewl?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:So I bet this European leg in February should be the first European stop in support of SBM (as part of the SBM world tour I guess) and it should coincide wit the single release I guess, so that should be cool.
This short Euro tour is similar to the ones they made last year in April and September. Call it whatever you want, but it's not yet part of the SBM tour. But that doesn't rule out possible new songs on the setlist.
No, this time it has to be in support of SBM, or at least in support of the single! I mean, C'mon, they've been touring since April 2010 already.. and it's not even the world tour for the album and they toured pretty much non-stop since April (except in May when Stevo was in an accident or whatever).
My point is, anyway, that they've coming back in February to places they played in November, there's not fuckin' point in playing the same places in two months after they did, while doing the same set exactly.
I don't know what you are trying to say, but all what I'm saying is that the upcoming Euro tour is not part of any SBM world tour. It's just a two-week time full of individual dates, just like the two tours last year. I'm not saying they wouldn't play any new songs, that's up to the Sums to decide. All I'm saying is that this is not the SBM tour yet.

Just like you said, if this was the SBM tour, why would they do only 2 weeks, and in the same places they've visited already?
Last edited by TomiT14 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I'm not supporting the short Euro tour until they play near me again.
this.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
I don't know what you are trying to say, but all what I'm saying is that the upcoming Euro tour is not part of any SBM world tour. It's just a two-week time full of individual dates, just like the two tours last year. I'm not saying they wouldn't play any new songs, that's up to the Sums to decide. All I'm saying is that this is not the SBM tour yet.

Just like you said, if this was the SBM tour, why would they do only 2 weeks, and in the same places they've visited already?
at least they are touring frequently! I'd rather they keep coming back to Europe in a short space of time than not coming here for years on end. I had to wait 5 fuckin years to see Weezer!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:at least they are touring frequently! I'd rather they keep coming back to Europe in a short space of time than not coming here for years on end. I had to wait 5 fuckin years to see Weezer!
I agree. They didn't really tour Europe with UH at all, so I couldn't be happier seeing them coming here every two months. :glad:
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

You're lucky bastards! I've waited sums for ten years! :suicide:
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet

Post by Aaron »

gejmik wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:I'm not supporting the short Euro tour until they play near me again.
this.
this.

They said they’d make up for all the Warped Tour dates they missed because of Deryck’s health. That includes Kansas City!!
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
pullthecurtain4141 wrote:Does anyone have any pics from the summer album shoot? They basically look like mug shots.
Nope.. that was it..
cool, well if anyone else ask, there they are...didn't see a reason to crowd up the TNS forum with another sticky thread, so I'll just update it there.

btw did we ever figure out how to fix the gallery?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

ptido wrote:According the boss of Rock One, they've been informed in december by the french label, that it will be out 5th April. He added that Kerrang said it will be out in June.

I hope Kerrang made a big confusion. Can anyone of you confirm what's inside Kerrang ?
I can't see them releasing the single in February and having the album out in June. Although, unless the music video is somewhere in between the gap months. I really hope it's March though because March-April is what we've been finding more so. We've heard the end of March so the 5th of April isn't too far off.
MetalMilitant41 wrote:I would think they'd do North America then or in the Autumn
They better! They haven't even been to their hometown since 2008 besides Warped Tour. Which was only a 30-45 min set.
Last edited by SumGeek on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Nope.. that was it..
cool, well if anyone else ask, there they are...didn't see a reason to crowd up the TNS forum with another sticky thread, so I'll just update it there.

btw did we ever figure out how to fix the gallery?
I don't think so and I don't think there are any plans to fix it either. I believe Phili was the one who kept the gallery running, but now she's gone.
greenday1987 wrote:If the album was really good, it would be released.
If the album is going to be able to make Island a lot of money, they're probably going to milk it for all it's worth (I think it's Sum 41's last record with them before their contract is up?). So they're going to release it at the best date that will score them the most money.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I thought it was their last album with IR too but a while ago someone said it was the second last album.. I'm not sure..
pullthecurtain4141
First name: Jesse

Post by pullthecurtain4141 »

Thanks for guys for looking up those album shoot photos. I've been looking forever! thanks again!
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

SBM is turning a myth :confusion: