Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Faeyaner »

Eneru wrote: In less than 1 year 12 dates, and you say "you can perfectly see how big the Sums are in Germany..." ?? Nothing personal, but I hate your post. I had to wait 8 years to see them because for the Chuck & UH's tours they didn't come in my state. Please turn on your brain before you complain, it's only a stupid release date that is not chosen by them.
Lars wrote: I get your point. You're totally right.
I'm sorry if I pointed it out wrong, of course it's a very stupid example, but I tell you one thing:
I know that there are countries the Sums never went to and probably also won't in the future (like argentina or so), and when I was at their show the venue wasn't even half full, maybe 350~400max of 1000 that could go, and also a friend of mine told me that at his show there were only like 150 people of 500 who could have heard it.
And Billy Talent reached like 10.000 in the same city, just to make a comparison.
There are countries who deserve that many concerts like britain or japan but you have to consider that germany has a big population aswell, so it also makes sense to give more concerts than in a country like belgium, though they might have the same fame status in both countries.
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

Faeyaner wrote:
Eneru wrote: In less than 1 year 12 dates, and you say "you can perfectly see how big the Sums are in Germany..." ?? Nothing personal, but I hate your post. I had to wait 8 years to see them because for the Chuck & UH's tours they didn't come in my state. Please turn on your brain before you complain, it's only a stupid release date that is not chosen by them.
Lars wrote: I get your point. You're totally right.
I'm sorry if I pointed it out wrong, of course it's a very stupid example, but I tell you one thing:
I know that there are countries the Sums never went to and probably also won't in the future (like argentina or so), and when I was at their show the venue wasn't even half full, maybe 350~400max of 1000 that could go, and also a friend of mine told me that at his show there were only like 150 people of 500 who could have heard it.
And Billy Talent reached like 10.000 in the same city, just to make a comparison.
There are countries who deserve that many concerts like britain or japan but you have to consider that germany has a big population aswell, so it also makes sense to give more concerts than in a country like belgium, though they might have the same fame status in both countries.
There were nearly 3-4 thousands people in Moscow on Sums(full venue), and on Billy Talent were 3 or so, but less then on the sums. I think that with good ad they can have 10 thousands easily here.
Faeyaner
Bunkface

Post by Faeyaner »

sumelf wrote:I think that with good ad they can have 10 thousands easily here.
You mean The Sums or BT ?

ntl, what i want to say is that the amount of dates doesn't matter in contrast to the fame and the record sales a band have
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

Faeyaner wrote:
sumelf wrote:I think that with good ad they can have 10 thousands easily here.
You mean The Sums or BT ?

ntl, what i want to say is that the amount of dates doesn't matter in contrast to the fame and the record sales a band have
Sums of cause. But i guess BT too, however in russia sums are much more famous then BT
Faeyaner
Bunkface

Post by Faeyaner »

And it seems nowadays its the other way round in germany...

Have I mentioned that I didn't listen to the 20s sneak? I just don't want to hear something apart from the updates until there is an album or a hq-leak to download.
pullthecurtain4141
First name: Jesse

Post by pullthecurtain4141 »

I saw on Absolutpunk.net that the single "SBM" will hit the radio Feb. 7.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

pullthecurtain4141 wrote:I saw on Absolutpunk.net that the single "SBM" will hit the radio Feb. 7.
Yes, that's been aknowledged, but since the original source is missing, we consider it still being unconfirmed.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

TomiT14 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:I changed all that in the other thread too..guess now we just wait..............again
About the info thread, few things.

-The 20 second clip from Sum 41 France, listed as Unknown Song, is part of the SBM.
-SBM listed as "tentative" first single, although it's been confirmed.
-"Epic" was a working title for the 12-minute song, confirmed by both Tom and Cone.

:happy:
yeah, slight brain lapse in not adding that info :silly:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

I just noticed they only have youtube.com/sum41 as their website link on Facebook. Does the label even care about sum41.com anymore? Shouldn't they tell them to link it for ad value? They are getting close to 1.5 million likes, which is not bad at all.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

According the boss of Rock One, they've been informed in december by the french label, that it will be out 5th April. He added that Kerrang said it will be out in June.

I hope Kerrang made a big confusion. Can anyone of you confirm what's inside Kerrang ?
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

ptido wrote:According the boss of Rock One, they've been informed in december by the french label, that it will be out 5th April. He added that Kerrang said it will be out in June.

I hope Kerrang made a big confusion. Can anyone of you confirm what's inside Kerrang ?
lies
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Simon wrote:I just noticed they only have youtube.com/sum41 as their website link on Facebook. Does the label even care about sum41.com anymore? Shouldn't they tell them to link it for ad value? They are getting close to 1.5 million likes, which is not bad at all.
well I think the guys run the FB and most of their stuff is on youtube, so that why they linked it. The official site really isn't good, imo
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

We need some offical response sson, so many dates being thrown around is not good for anyone, it's just causing confusion and frustration FFS

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

Yeah hopefully we see a total redesign for the album, Sum41.com is getting too old and unaccesible

ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

FuckT41182 wrote:
ptido wrote:
lies
You mean Kerrang wrote nothing about the SBM's release ?
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

ptido wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
ptido wrote:
lies
You mean Kerrang wrote nothing about the SBM's release ?
beats me ...I have never read that magazine
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I really hope the date is March 29 or April 5, max! April 5 seems okay and real and all, with the single being delayed until February, I can see how the album can be pushed one more week to early April, seems logical.
Though if it's June like Kerrang says... we're fucked.. though it won't be that surprising if they delay it again, it think that as much we all want the album and really hope it'll finally be released on March.. we're also ready to hear bad news as always with this album, and June would make the album to be released exactly one year after finished recording, which is stupid and there's no reason to keep holding it back.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

Hentaiman wrote:June would make the album to be released exactly one year after finished recording, which is stupid and there's no reason to keep holding it back.
Totally agree, this would get on my tits as i see no reason why it should be that long

greenday1987
First name: Jonathan

Post by greenday1987 »

If the album was really good, it would be released.
"No man can eat 50 eggs."