Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Mitchell »

stevosum41

At Deryck's for band/label meeting - gonna have a 7 course meal. How much of that will be drinkable? #prayformyliver
17 minutes ago via web
fingers crossed for new info
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:Wow, March 15 is awesome! Can't believe that the sums are working on their album since 2009 and it would be released at the same time as the Rise Against album as Rise Against only started working on their album in mid 2010. I mean, they've been touring late summer, only then they went into the studio to write the album, then around September-October they started recording.
Deryck is writing for SBM since late 2008, recording the EP since around early 2009, but it wasn't until late 2009-early 2010 that they went into the real recording for SBM, though it still was a year ago!
i think it's because rise against writes most of their songs while on tour and then only need to finish them up/record them. Sum 41 on writes new songs when they are completely off tour. thats why it seems so long. but in reality sum 41 only went into the studio/started writing in late spring(?) and were finished the whole process by November(?). its jsut the had to take the time off before that, and in between tours, to write stuff. but its definitely longer, not saying it took sum 41 18 months longer to write an album.

and plus, rise against has a formula for writing songs, they basically do the same thing every record and i won't expect them to step outside that box for this new album. as for sum 41, i don't know what to expect.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

2712 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Wow, March 15 is awesome! Can't believe that the sums are working on their album since 2009 and it would be released at the same time as the Rise Against album as Rise Against only started working on their album in mid 2010. I mean, they've been touring late summer, only then they went into the studio to write the album, then around September-October they started recording.
Deryck is writing for SBM since late 2008, recording the EP since around early 2009, but it wasn't until late 2009-early 2010 that they went into the real recording for SBM, though it still was a year ago!
i think it's because rise against writes most of their songs while on tour and then only need to finish them up/record them. Sum 41 on writes new songs when they are completely off tour. thats why it seems so long. but in reality sum 41 only went into the studio/started writing in late spring(?) and were finished the whole process by November(?). its jsut the had to take the time off before that, and in between tours, to write stuff. but its definitely longer, not saying it took sum 41 18 months longer to write an album.

and plus, rise against has a formula for writing songs, they basically do the same thing every record and i won't expect them to step outside that box for this new album. as for sum 41, i don't know what to expect.
Well no, Sum 41 were actually in the studio a year ago from now. That's when we started getting the studio updates. Over a year ago. And the album is not out yet.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Sum 41 wrote:Listen partying tonight at derycks house. Aka booze-fest.
Alright, now release that 12 min song.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

2712 wrote:

Well, yeah it might be it. Although the Sums also had this kinda formula back in 2001-2002, and they wrote and released AKNF, DTLI and Chuck in very short gaps between one another, they basically were touring nonstop, and recorded them on tour or whatever, or on one or two months of break between all these tours, and to be honest, those were their best album, haha, maybe not lyrics wise and they're not thought out as a whole like UH where songs flow into one another and shit like that... but they were cool, so I guess Rise Against working on a similar formula.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

I like it being released at an later date! I mean, the label has a point.. Had it be released now, it would be forgotten fast.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

well, i guess it doesn't really feel all that long ago to me lol.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

FuckT41182 wrote:I liked both,UH and ATR ...fuck seems like every band we know will release their album in March ??? XD
yup march is gonna be sweet
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

At the start of the summer, i made a promise to myself that i wouldn't listen to the sums until the new album came out (which i thought was august 31st) and that lasted a whole half a day! and fuck am i glad i didn't stick to it.
This post is a pointless anecdote that i doubt anyone cares about but something new needed to be written on this thread....
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

It seems that Sum 41 are having a contest in Japan, in which 100 winners will win access to a premiere-listening of Screaming Bloody Murder which will be held 20.1.2011. So I guess we can expect music pretty damn soon!!! :silly:
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/ ... tnews.html
I used google translate to make sense of that myself..
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

Haha, the layout on that site has not been changed in almost a decade by the looks of things. Maybe they will do the 45 second clip thing this side of Christmas? I wouldn't listen to that shit though!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

That's fucking awesome.

Is it possible to learn Japanese in about an hour?
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

Lars wrote:That's fucking awesome.

No, but that won't stop me trying! :glad:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sumchuck41 wrote:
Lars wrote:That's fucking awesome.
No, but that won't stop me trying! :glad:
I tried, but failed. Google Translate is a big help, but not enough.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Even with Google Translate I haven't seen anything there.. just something about the new album and contest.. where have you seen its on 20.1.11?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:Even with Google Translate I haven't seen anything there.. just something about the new album and contest.. where have you seen its on 20.1.11?
Top banner on the front page, or the top story on Artist News.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

well if it is true then it sure will leak in January
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:well if it is true then it sure will leak in January
Agreed. I guess the first single though is supposed to be officially released around the same time... I mean, it's late January. It should be the latest the single would be out..
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

wtf does 20.1.2011 mean? is the month and day reversed in japanese or something?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Mike wrote:wtf does 20.1.2011 mean? is the month and day reversed in japanese or something?
In Japanese lol. Try the rest of the world. :glad: