Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

keefer
First name: Keefe
Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by keefer »

Andros wrote:
keefer wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:you already realized that all the opinions above are bullshit ? :D everyone can say that any band is simlar to any other band ...I can say that Airbourne is ACDC rip off and you can tell me to fuck myself ;)
I totally agree with you! But back to Sum 41, I think we're going to get some news by Christmas. Maybe the 12 min song? Who knows, all I know is that SBM is on it's way baby, just hang in there.
Why do you think that? We have not news after the Eastpak Tour finish, I doubt that we have something for Christmas
I'm hoping we'll get a tracklist and a release date at the most, single next month, I'm not sure, Sum 41 better give us a nice fucking Christmas present.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

god that video is bullshit. I tell myself many times when I listen to new song that it sounds familiar.. For example Nanana from MCR, when I heard it I was like I heard it thousand times.. In our country there is quite famous band which ripped off Bowling for Soup.. like.. totally ripped off.. they even use names of songs like Bowling for Soup and NOBODY cares about it.. That's what I hate.. There's a lot similarity in punk rock lately, because it's really hard to come with something new.. Just remember the last The Offspring album.. Or Green Day.

Back to SBM.. I believe there will be single until the end of January.. but if earlier, I don't believe it much, I just hope.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

sumelf wrote:Back to the Sums and MCR
Just watch it
I don't want to say that they're really ripped off these songs, but they sound pretty similar.
However, I don't bother about it. If sums have real stolen all of their songs i'd say fuck that and enjoy, it's much better than the original.
Sorry, I'm drunken
That's the first time I've seen this. When I listened to Underclass hero, With Me sounded like Yellowcard. And with No Apologies I can hear a little Blink (with the na-na-na) Truth is, if you listen hard enough to any band, you can say they sound like a different band.
ScottEdmondson41
First name: Scott
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by ScottEdmondson41 »

Just watch it
I don't want to say that they're really ripped off these songs, but they sound pretty similar.
However, I don't bother about it. If sums have real stolen all of their songs i'd say fuck that and enjoy, it's much better than the original.
Sorry, I'm drunken
that's a nice little mashup video and all but the only one of those songs that sound any similar are Subject to change and underclass Hero and that doesnt matter cause one of them was a b-side that wasn't on the main cd. None of the Sum 41 songs that that video compared to other bands songs sounded at all like the song they suposedly did and anyway the Sum 41 songs were better then. And Seriously I've heard other people compare some of their songs to some other songs where those I can at least kinda see it and understand but none of those were like that and all the ones in that video were just stupid comparisons. Sorry but they really were.
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by sumelf »

That wasn't my video. I really don't fucking care about what is shown there. Sum 41 is different from others in many ways, that's why i love them so much. But punk rock is very narrow style and it was totally used in late 80s, so every band sounds similar in many ways,however they're really different for knowers.

So i hope that SBM won't be only punk, but metal, alternative and "something really new", you know what i am about =)
Last edited by sumelf on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

ScottEdmondson41 wrote:anyway the Sum 41 songs were better then.
omg XD you would obviously say that Sum 41 songs are better than any other songs ...is there anyone out there who can review something detachedly?

I really don't think that these are rip offs ...only Yellowcard song sounded a little familar to me ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

We'll hear some new material this month.

Like a leaked single of whatever.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:We'll hear some new material this month.

Like a leaked single of whatever.
Let's hope so.. we've waited long enough
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I don't want to be pesimist, but if I were you, I wouldn't expect anything to the end of this year. Maybe Island records could tell us official date of releasing SBM, but I don't think so.
ScottEdmondson41
First name: Scott

Post by ScottEdmondson41 »

sumelf wrote:That wasn't my video. I really don't fucking care about what is shown there. Sum 41 is different from others in many ways, that's why i love them so much. But punk rock is very narrow style and it was totally used in late 80s, so every band sounds similar in many ways,however they're really different for knowers.

So i hope that SBM won't be only punk, but metal, alternative and "something really new", you know what i am about =)
I knew it wasn't your video, it's just it always pisses me off when people say that Sum 41 ripped other songs off like that especially the ones in those videos because as I said most of those comparisons I thought were just really ridiculous and stupid and I kinda just wanted to complain and vent about how I've pretty much always felt about people accusing them of ripping off other songs like that. I wasn't directing it at you necessarilly just complaining about the video that you posted.
FuckT41182 wrote:
ScottEdmondson41 wrote:anyway the Sum 41 songs were better then.
omg XD you would obviously say that Sum 41 songs are better than any other songs ...is there anyone out there who can review something detachedly?
and yes I know I am biased and would obviously say that the Sum 41 songs sound better but whether they're better or not is purely opinion and you can't really argue or at least successfully argue an opinion because it is completely subjective all you can do is state and talk about your opinion and that's all I was doing and anybody else can do that too no matter what side of it they're on because it's their opinion.
Last edited by ScottEdmondson41 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Just watch it
Sorry, I'm drunken
Sorry I know this is a reply from like pages ago (catching up on the forum here!) but I just have to say the Operation M.D To Take A Look At Yourself and Handle This/Some Say comparison was shockingly alike. I never noticed it before. But most of this video is just someone finding even something that happens to be a coincidence by making it out to be that half their songs are ripped off someone elses. Who has the time to find all these unneccessary comparisons thats not worth your while? We all love these songs so it won't change anything.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Just watch it
Sorry, I'm drunken
That's the first time I've seen this. When I listened to Underclass hero, With Me sounded like Yellowcard. And with No Apologies I can hear a little Blink (with the na-na-na) Truth is, if you listen hard enough to any band, you can say they sound like a different band.
Ya but compare the views on Youtube for Only One and then With Me...
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Can we please let go of the "Sum 41 Comparison" topic and get back to Screaming Bloody Murder? Continue this discussion in a new thread if you wish. There's not much to say about the new album right now, but let's not take up room in this thread with off-topic discussion!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

ScottEdmondson41 wrote:and yes I know I am biased and would obviously say that the Sum 41 songs sound better but whether they're better or not is purely opinion and you can't really argue or at least successfully argue an opinion because it is completely subjective all you can do is state and talk about your opinion and that's all I was doing and anybody else can do that too no matter what side of it they're on because it's their opinion.
let's make it easy...I don't care about your opinion...Jeremy is right,back to the topic ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

A short interview with Eastpak. Nothing new really, but I liked the question of bringing people on stage.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote: I liked the question of bringing people on stage.
Their answer just made my day
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Fuck Yeah I must be a superfan since I got up on stage :D <3

On another note I just listened to Skumfuk for the 1st time in ages and I got goosebumps! I can't wait for this new album it's gona be a total Shit Kicker I'm so excited lol
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Cone41

My detox had a short life.I heard from Deryck yesterday that the new album got mastered and is completely done.So I got wasted to celebrate
9 minutes ago via web
Fuck yeah!!1111!!!!!one!!! :glad: :glad:
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Cone41

My detox had a short life.I heard from Deryck yesterday that the new album got mastered and is completely done.So I got wasted to celebrate
9 minutes ago via web
hooray
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Cone41

9 minutes ago via web
FUCKING FINALLY (:

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/