Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Shelley41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Shelley41 wrote:This thread is about Sums album and not about MCR. so can we cut the MCR crap now?
yeah but it's about a discussion in Skumfuk thread where people felt MCR influence in Skumfuk and they were talking about SBM possibly sounding like MCR ...so Jesus just said that it would suck big time and I think it is related to SBM...even though Sum 41 album cannot sound like MCR new one because SBM is supposed to be dark not happy ...
Yeah in the beginning but then everyone started talking about MCR's new album and nothing that related to sum.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Shelley41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Shelley41 wrote:This thread is about Sums album and not about MCR. so can we cut the MCR crap now?
yeah but it's about a discussion in Skumfuk thread where people felt MCR influence in Skumfuk and they were talking about SBM possibly sounding like MCR ...so Jesus just said that it would suck big time and I think it is related to SBM...even though Sum 41 album cannot sound like MCR new one because SBM is supposed to be dark not happy ...
Yeah in the beginning but then everyone started talking about MCR's new album and nothing that related to sum.
my post is just a way how to express how hard it would suck if SBM sounded like MCR new album ... :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
lisaNL wrote:
Exactly what I thought. I hate MCR anyway.
Couldn't say it any better.
I bet your reasons are the name of the band,their looks and so on and so forth...is it actually possible to hate them just because they are musicians and they make their music by themselves ...

I think that the term '''don't like'' would fit right here ...when you really hate them,then I regret you all
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Sum41 is so above MCR its not even funny. MCR Is just trying to be Queen, especially Black Parade
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

fenderrocks wrote:Sum41 is so above MCR its not even funny. MCR Is just trying to be Queen, especially Black Parade
This.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:That new MCR album was fucking terrible by the way. Anyone who wants the Sums to sound like that should be thrown in a purgatory...
I'd like a ticket to the purgatory please

back on topic, I hope island says something soon
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

sum 41 is going to release the 12 minute song when island announces the album release right?

it does kind of bother me that blink 182, or at least mark hoppus, has already announced a time frame to when their album is released before sum 41/island has. probably only because i've been waiting for sum 41's album since spring and completely forgot about blink 182 making a new album
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Shelley41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
my post is just a way how to express how hard it would suck if SBM sounded like MCR new album ... :P
Then I agree with you!

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Still Waiting wrote:
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:That new MCR album was fucking terrible by the way. Anyone who wants the Sums to sound like that should be thrown in a purgatory...

Meh, I'd rather you go to hell.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Volted wrote:sum 41 is going to release the 12 minute song when island announces the album release right?

it does kind of bother me that blink 182, or at least mark hoppus, has already announced a time frame to when their album is released before sum 41/island has. probably only because i've been waiting for sum 41's album since spring and completely forgot about blink 182 making a new album
Mark also said that up all night would be out in a couple weeks. This was before they went on the American tour. So whatever mark says I won't believe until tom says. He's a more reliable source. And sun 41 said late spring/summer but Deryck wanted to do more for the album. Neither bands have confirmed dates.
oh and just cause I want to put my 2 cents into it, with the new mcr album I agree win a lot of people. its not their best and I noticed I've been skipping through a lot of it. the only 2 songs that I like are vampire money and destroyer.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Really dying for some new material right now.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:Really dying for some new material right now.
That's how I've been feeling for the last 3 months. No joke
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I wouldn't want Sum 41 to become My Chemical Romance or have any of their songs sound alike, but I'm not going to deny the possibility that Deryck was influenced by their style. He even said it himself that he was probably influenced by My Chemical Romance whether he wanted to listen to them or not. He called them the last new band that was good.

I have more than enough music to keep me entertained until the Spring. I've just been listening to a lot of local stuff recently.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:

Meh, I'd rather you go to hell.
i'm going there anyway, way funnier than heaven
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

I totally disagree Scumfuk sounds nothing like MCR
I've never really liked MCR to be honest anyway, listened to their new single, it's just horrible.

no way Sum 41 will ever sound anything like MCR, never have, never will, maybe there's that wee influence in UH in a song and wee bit of a Green Day influence too but Sum 41 are a unique band, they have their own sound !

that's my opinion
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

stevie486 wrote:I totally disagree Scumfuk sounds nothing like MCR
you can't deny that derycks voice sounds like gerards from mcr in skumfuck though. that's a fact, not a personal opinion. other than that their styles aren't' that similar

edit: also someone said they were trying hard to be queen (mcr). have you actually listened to either of those bands music or did you just read that in youtube comments?
Last edited by Tyler. on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

UH was just just a condensed version of American Idiot, MCR, and Blink's Smiley (2003) album IMO. I really didn't think any of it sounded like The Sums, hence my dissapointment with it. (CYLB, KOC, and MOD might be exceptions)

I really don't care if they utilize their "experience" from UH for 'Screaming Bloody Murder', but I really hope it's more original and puts them back on the course where DTLI and Chuck were headed. I view UH as a detour on an unpleasant dirt road.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:UH was just just a condensed version of American Idiot, MCR, and Blink's Smiley (2003) album IMO. I really didn't think any of it sounded like The Sums, hence my dissapointment with it. (CYLB, KOC, and MOD might be exceptions)

I really don't care if they utilize their "experience" from UH for 'Screaming Bloody Murder', but I really hope it's more original and puts them back on the course where DTLI and Chuck were headed. I view UH as a detour on an unpleasant dirt road.
I'm not sure if you saw Nic's post from a while back, but there's something about rock radio consultants calling the album "groundbreaking" and Matt saying it was a mix of Metallica's Black Album and the Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. The band has also said in the past it's nothing like Underclass Hero and people who have heard sound checks of their new songs have said the "poppiness" was no longer present.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:UH was just just a condensed version of American Idiot, MCR, and Blink's Smiley (2003) album IMO. I really didn't think any of it sounded like The Sums, hence my dissapointment with it. (CYLB, KOC, and MOD might be exceptions)

I'm not sure if you saw Nic's post from a while back, but there's something about rock radio consultants calling the album "groundbreaking" and Matt saying it was a mix of Metallica's Black Album and the Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. The band has also said in the past it's nothing like Underclass Hero and people who have heard sound checks of their new songs have said the "poppiness" was no longer present.
Yeah, I remember that. But I also recall hearing Brown Tom say it does kind of have the pop sound of UH.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:

Yeah, I remember that. But I also recall hearing Brown Tom say it does kind of have the pop sound of UH.
I remember Tom saying the exact opposite of that. He said that the pop sound is definitely not there.