Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

samueeL wrote:
dirk wrote:do you guys thikns this is gonna be the last album of the Sums?
I definitely think that they're gonna take a break after this one. And Deryck might record acoustic sum41 album or maybe even do "solo" stuff, who knows.
take a break ?? :D guys who have no kids are in making process of an album for three years ... they were on a break for last two years XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:guys who have no kids
But they still have families. As they get older, I'm sure they want to take a little break between the albums.
They haven't really had a break since 2006. After they finished touring for UH in summer of 2008, Deryck started to write the EP. Then they started touring again in 2009, and after the tour they started to work with the album. And here we are. Even though their working ethic hasn't always been the most effcient, they still have been active.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:guys who have no kids
But they still have families. As they get older, I'm sure they want to take a little break between the albums.
They haven't really had a break since 2006. After they finished touring for UH in summer of 2008, Deryck started to write the EP. Then they started touring again in 2009, and after the tour they started to work with the album. And here we are. Even though their working ethic hasn't always been the most effcient, they still have been active.
the weren´t always working together ...sometimes there was only Deryck in studio and Cone and Stevo were with their wives...Tom was almost never there XD ...and now they tour because they want it and they enjoy it :)

but I agree that they will take a break
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

I think they are gonna make babies with their wives.
Deryck will be left alone with his Jack and guitar.

Maybe it's better for them to take a break but not like a 10 year break. That would suck.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Shelley41 wrote:I think they are gonna make babies with their wives.

Maybe it's better for them to take a break but not like a 10 year break. That would suck.
yup that'd suck really bad
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Shelley41 wrote:I think they are gonna make babies with their wives.

yeah I also thought of Deryck this way ...it could be pretty depressive to be in studio and watch Cone or Stevo to go home to their wives ...
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I hope the album will be worth the wait
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?

Post by Shelley41 »

It's funny how Avril's new album will come out around March too..

I have no idea what my point is but I am gonna get my ass kicked right now I guess.

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Shelley41 wrote:It's funny how Avril's new album will come out around March too..

I have no idea what my point is but I am gonna get my ass kicked right now I guess.
True, because you said the same thing as Hideo just said.
Hideo_Kuze wrote:She will have her album out the same month(coincidence?) and that was produced by Deryck, so unavoidably there will be a lot of talk about it in interviews.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Shelley41 wrote:It's funny how Avril's new album will come out around March too..

why should we kick your ass ?:D Avril swallowed ! XD
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:True, because you said the same thing as Hideo just said.
he didn't say ''it's funny''
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:True, because you said the same thing as Hideo just said.
he didn't say ''it's funny''
Sorry, my bad. :sosad:
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Reading through this, hearing you guys complain about the album delay... it's probably 100% finished and ready to go. The label is what's keeping it from being released. If I recall, they were talking about it being finished and ready back in August, so it's been done. I still think the fact that they're touring in Europe has something to do with why they're pushing back the album release. They need to get some North American dates up there to go along with an album release.

But, yeah, blame the label - not the band.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Balance & Composure. wrote:Reading through this, hearing you guys complain about the album delay... it's probably 100% finished and ready to go. The label is what's keeping it from being released. If I recall, they were talking about it being finished and ready back in August, so it's been done. I still think the fact that they're touring in Europe has something to do with why they're pushing back the album release. They need to get some North American dates up there to go along with an album release.

But, yeah, blame the label - not the band.
yeah but this ''blame the label'' got a little carried away with the words spoken by the band ...the album is not mastered yet,they have no idea how the CD will look ...seriously,I don't give a fuck I will wait ;)

but I get your point ...the album would be probably all done if there was a need to ...now when they know that the album will come out in March because IR thinks that albums released around the Christmas get forgotten very fast,there is no need to hurry ...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

I actually don't think they will take a break after this. I think this album will be their most successful thing since like AKNF and DTLI, and you can see them also really excited about it, more than UH and Chuck, as you see, its not even out and they're fuckin' the whole world non stop now and already announcing dates for 2011 and all, I think this tour will continue into 2012 and the album will be very successful and it'll give them some new spirit to continue, so I think that actually after this album, they might release another one not so long after, maybe even reworking some old ditched ideas from the SBM sessions... I mean, Deryck wrote so much, he could rework some and write some new stuff and have a new album in like two years max.
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Hentaiman wrote:I mean, Deryck wrote so much, he could rework some and write some new stuff and have a new album in like two years max.
I don't think they would use old songs. It seems that Deryck always want to write new stuff. The only case where an old song was used for a new album is... Screaming Bloody Murder, which is a song that Tom wrote for Muerto Vivos.

And personally I don't really need the album to be sold a lot. That's why I don't like that the label want it to come later just for money...
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

ptido wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:I mean, Deryck wrote so much, he could rework some and write some new stuff and have a new album in like two years max.
I don't think they would use old songs. It seems that Deryck always want to write new stuff. The only case where an old song was used for a new album is... Screaming Bloody Murder, which is a song that Tom wrote for Muerto Vivos.

And personally I don't really need the album to be sold a lot. That's why I don't like that the label want it to come later just for money...
Where did you hear that SBM was actually written for Muertos Vivos? that's some interesting info. All I know is that Panic Attack was there in the very first video updates from the EP and that was back in 2008, before we even know Tom wrote that song.

And I don't about the album selling and all, but I think they're touring the longest they have since like the AKNF/DTLI tours, and I think if the album will be recieved well and all, it could give them some more motivation and inspiration to keep rockin' and writing on the road and maybe coming up with another record fast, maybe even to make up for the time this record took to make (the longest a Sum 41 took to make).
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

ptido wrote:I don't think they would use old songs. It seems that Deryck always want to write new stuff. The only case where an old song was used for a new album is... Screaming Bloody Murder, which is a song that Tom wrote for Muerto Vivos.
Subject To Change, anyone?
ptido wrote:And personally I don't really need the album to be sold a lot. That's why I don't like that the label want it to come later just for money...
True this. I like how the Sums are now. Even though they are not super-famous, they are still rocking all around the world. There's no need to make them more popular.
Hentaiman wrote:Where did you hear that SBM was actually written for Muertos Vivos? that's some interesting info. All I know is that Panic Attack was there in the very first video updates from the EP and that was back in 2008, before we even know Tom wrote that song.
Sum 41 France had an interview with Tom recently.
Hentaiman wrote:And I don't about the album selling and all, but I think they're touring the longest they have since like the AKNF/DTLI tours, and I think if the album will be recieved well and all, it could give them some more motivation and inspiration to keep rockin' and writing on the road and maybe coming up with another record fast, maybe even to make up for the time this record took to make (the longest a Sum 41 took to make).
As much as I'd want this to happen, I think Deryck likes to make sure he's put as much effort into the writing process as he can. So to think he'd write a whole album while on tour is not likely imo. The possible next album might not take as long to make (I hope not), but I think it wouldn't come out sooner than late 2013 / early 2014.
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

sum 41 is really famous
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?

Post by Shelley41 »

dirk wrote:sum 41 is really famous
uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah..