Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Laura-
First name: Laura

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Laura- »

^My thoughts exactly!
"Like what you like. Not what you think you have to have on your iPod." - Butch Walker
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

some of the musicians make the best records when they're fucked
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by sumelf »

FuckT41182 wrote:some of the musicians make the best records when they're fucked
And Deryck is not an exclusion. I know it's extremely egoistic, but i've had a hope that they'll break up after UH was out, because it wasn't Sum41, it was sweet shit. So i'm waiting for blood and hell in new album
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

sumelf wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:some of the musicians make the best records when they're fucked
And Deryck is not an exclusion. I know it's extremely egoistic, but i've had a hope that they'll break up after UH was out, because it wasn't Sum41, it was sweet shit. So i'm waiting for blood and hell in new album
:) yeah it is extremely egoistic
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

TomiT14 wrote: -Sometimes there was rumour here at TNS that the title for Jessica Kill would come out from the show Heroes and its character Jessica. Deryck has never seen an episode of Heroes, so obviously not true.
I'm afraid I'm the one to blame for that rumor
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... ll#p140525
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm very positive the backbone of Screaming Bloody Murder spawned from Deryck's divorce. Much like how Underclass Hero's sound was spawned from his marriage. Deryck says he always writes from life experiences and he was very happy in 2006 and Underclass Hero's sound reflects that. And with that being said, I'm so looking forward to Screaming Bloody Murder. They have said this was probably the darkest they've ever gone, so it's going to be interesting!
exactly, i hope for this as well. as much as deryck would like to deny it, im sure, it's pretty obvious that this album will be affected my his divorce. he can try and hide it, but most people will make the assumption anyways.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, well, its going to be dark and I just can't wait to hear the results! :D
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

I imagine it to be very annoying for Deryck if everyone is going to ask him about the break up and what songs are written about her. Everybody will read into the lyrics what ever they want anyway.

She will have her album out the same month(coincidence?) and that was produced by Deryck, so unavoidably there will be a lot of talk about it in interviews.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by dbauer91 »

samueeL wrote:I don't understand how can it take so long.
My simple studio math:

Drums - 1 week
Bass - max 1 week
Guitars - 2-4 weeks
Vocals - 2 weeks
Piano - max 1 week
Other shit - 1 week
Mixing & mastering = 2 weeks
so this is from way the hell back in the day (almost exactly 9 months ago), and even if the sums took the max time on all these estimates, that'd be 12 weeks, so basically 3 months. plus, add another 3 months (and that's being generous) for artwork, wrapping everything else up, etc., and we should have logically had an album by the end of july (again, that is if everything took as long as possible). well wtf then, it's getting to the point where waiting for the album is starting to feel like a joke because it seems that just when you start to think that there's nothing else that can delay its release, SOMETHING else comes up. it's such bs and i think i speak for everyone when i say that i'm getting damn sick of waiting.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

dbauer91 wrote:
My simple studio math:

Drums - 1 week
Bass - max 1 week
Guitars - 2-4 weeks
Vocals - 2 weeks
Piano - max 1 week
Other shit - 1 week
so this is from way the hell back in the day (almost exactly 9 months ago), and even if the sums took the max time on all these estimates, that'd be 12 weeks, so basically 3 months. plus, add another 3 months (and that's being generous) for artwork, wrapping everything else up, etc., and we should have logically had an album by the end of july (again, that is if everything took as long as possible). well wtf then, it's getting to the point where waiting for the album is starting to feel like a joke because it seems that just when you start to think that there's nothing else that can delay its release, SOMETHING else comes up. it's such bs and i think i speak for everyone when i say that i'm getting damn sick of waiting.
You've got to factor in the drinking Jack Daniel's and making a pretty display of JD bottles super-glued to a coffee table into that equation!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
My simple studio math:

Drums - 1 week
Bass - max 1 week
Guitars - 2-4 weeks
Vocals - 2 weeks
Piano - max 1 week
Other shit - 1 week
You've got to factor in the drinking Jack Daniel's and making a pretty display of JD bottles super-glued to a coffee table into that equation!
Which would add another half an hour.
6 months + 2 months (ish) touring + another month cause it's the sums...
That's still just 10 months which means we should have had the album by now.
What the fuck is happening?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

They probably could've had it mastered and ready to go already, but since the label wants the album out later in the Spring, I think they're just taking their time with it and everything else. No sense hammering out the album by December only to hold onto it until March. The whole "no deadlines" thing from Underclass Hero seems to have carried over onto this album.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

I hope Screaming Bloody Murder is a monster success and the label gives them two months to put out their next album after the tour, like what happened between All Killer and Infected
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:She will have her album out the same month(coincidence?) and that was produced by Deryck, so unavoidably there will be a lot of talk about it in interviews.
He produced something like 8 songs for it, but there was a rumour she would replace those songs. Any news on that?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Hideo_Kuze wrote: She will have her album out the same month(coincidence?) and that was produced by Deryck, so unavoidably there will be a lot of talk about it in interviews.
Yeah, and funny thing is that Avril said that her album is also finished for some time already and the label kept delaying it, and now when the label finally decided on a date for her album, its the date that Island has for SBM haha.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hideo_Kuze wrote:She will have her album out the same month(coincidence?) and that was produced by Deryck, so unavoidably there will be a lot of talk about it in interviews.
He produced something like 8 songs for it, but there was a rumour she would replace those songs. Any news on that?
Her album was finished like a year ago, I think that means she kept his songs, produced a couple by herself(what?? well that's what she wrote) and added one song her label gave her to sing

gonna be a big paycheck for Deryck :winkwink:
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Really excited about Jessica Kill. Long time ago Deryck said that lyrically this album is going to be something (very) different compared to earlier records. So he probably meant this; telling stories.

Me likez.
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

do you guys thikns this is gonna be the last album of the Sums?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

dirk wrote:do you guys thikns this is gonna be the last album of the Sums?
only if Stevo,Cone And Tom will let Deryck to kill them to satisfy his needs ;)
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

dirk wrote:do you guys thikns this is gonna be the last album of the Sums?
I definitely think that they're gonna take a break after this one. And Deryck might record acoustic sum41 album or maybe even do "solo" stuff, who knows.