Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Nic »

Great info, man. Thanks a lot.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

thank YOU.
And I already wondered where that; ''I'm over you, congratulations'' came from.

Nice.

and wow;
-Jessica Kill is about a girl and a guy who love each other. The girl has a lust for killing people, so she asks her boyfriend if she could kill him. The guy loves the girl so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself to give her the joy.
sick mind.
Last edited by Shelley41 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I find that story behind Jessica Kill really interesting ! XD and mostly weird ...
and good to finally hear why IR does not want to release the album before Christmas ...

PS:I totally agree with Philip that it is a good thing that JK is a song by itself... ;)
PS2:you didn't ask if Stevo will ever sing Reign in Pain live ! guess I am gonna have to meet them XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:I find that story behind Jessica Kill really interesting ! XD and mostly weird ...
and good to finally hear why IR does not want to release the album before Christmas ...

PS:I totally agree with Philip that it is a good thing that JK is a song by itself... ;)
PS2:you didn't ask if Stevo will ever sing Reign in Pain live ! guess I am gonna have to meet them XD
Well, like I said, I tried to keep this on topic and I posted only the SBM-related questions.

"Yo Stevo, fans have been wondering that why don't you ever play the other P4P songs?"
"Really? I thought no one knew them."
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jessica Kill already sounds like the best song ever written. cheers for the new info!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I've been waiting for an hour to acces tns and it definitely paid out..
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jessica sounds like a total babe!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

RileSum wrote:Apparently Brown-Tom wrote screaming bloody murder according to an interview with Sum 41 france, so its possible that not all the songs are written by Deryck
Yes, that's true. Cone also wrote a song but I don't actually know if it made the album in the end or not. Deryck however I think modified it a bit to make it more fitting for SBM.
TomiT14 wrote:-Jessica Kill is a real person, but the song itself is about a fictional character. When Deryck saw the name, he thought it would be a cool song title. So first came the title, then the song itself.
-Jessica Kill is about a girl and a guy who love each other. The girl has a lust for killing people, so she asks her boyfriend if she could kill him. The guy loves the girl so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself to give her the joy.
I'm really glad this title and song has been kept. I love the title. This answer really stood out to me. I love hearing the concepts behind songs and I hope this song isn't a let down because it sounds great judging by this description. Thanks for all the other SBM info!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I would've been really disappointed if it ended up that Jessica Kill came from that Heroes show. It would be odd because Deryck never came off as a guy that would follow any TV shows well enough to write a song about them. I was surprised that he said he even liked Lost way back in 2006.

Cool to hear they've decided on a single. Though, now that I think about it, Blood In My Eyes would've made things come full circle from Underclass Hero. The last single they had was With Me, which is obviously a love song and just by judging by the one line "I'm over you, congratulations" from Blood In My Eyes, it would've bridged the gap from relationship to break-up. Just thought that would've been kind of a cool thing to do.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

SumGeek wrote: I'm really glad this title and song has been kept. I love the title. This answer really stood out to me. I love hearing the concepts behind songs and I hope this song isn't a let down because it sounds great judging by this description. Thanks for all the other SBM info!
Yeah I'm glad about it too! it's like my relationship status parallels his, haha.... How much better can you get when picking what music to listen to?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Haha, excellent news. Hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but I have a feeling we may be starting to get somewhere! Oh, and the Jessica Kill story... Sounds like an A7x song... Forgot which one.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Deryck always writes about personal experiences, so i'd like to hear how that song relates to him
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

It does sound like A7X's "A Little Piece of Heaven", just the opposite, in the A7X song, the guy killed the girl and ate her heart haha. And I got a feeling Blood In My Eyes is still going to be a future single, they seem to be mentioning this title all the time and making a shirt for it, I got a feeling they really like that one, plus it sounds like some cool dark break-up song, and I'm really into these now, while trying to get over my ex-girlfriend right now.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Thanks for the info Tomi, dunno if I like the concept of Jessica Kill for a Sum41 song, but we'll see
and yeah I remember hearing that lyric in BME, thought I posted that, maybe not..lol
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Hentaiman wrote:It does sound like A7X's "A Little Piece of Heaven", just the opposite, in the A7X song, the guy killed the girl and ate her heart haha. And I got a feeling Blood In My Eyes is still going to be a future single, they seem to be mentioning this title all the time and making a shirt for it, I got a feeling they really like that one, plus it sounds like some cool dark break-up song, and I'm really into these now, while trying to get over my ex-girlfriend right now.
yeah thats the one... id like to see what the sums make of this!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:I find that story behind Jessica Kill really interesting ! XD and mostly weird ...

Well, like I said, I tried to keep this on topic and I posted only the SBM-related questions.

"Yo Stevo, fans have been wondering that why don't you ever play the other P4P songs?"
"Really? I thought no one knew them."
thx you are the man ! but he is terribly wrong ! I love RIP ...well maybe I am the only one XD
Hentaiman wrote:It does sound like A7X's "A Little Piece of Heaven", just the opposite, in the A7X song, the guy killed the girl and ate her heart haha. And I got a feeling Blood In My Eyes is still going to be a future single, they seem to be mentioning this title all the time and making a shirt for it, I got a feeling they really like that one, plus it sounds like some cool dark break-up song, and I'm really into these now, while trying to get over my ex-girlfriend right now.
:) but in that song she came back and killed him or not ? it was even more weird
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I think it's an interesting idea, and it fits well with the title, imo.

We might be in for a darkier album. Makes me very curious!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:I think it's an interesting idea, and it fits well with the title, imo.
Deryck kept saying many times that "There's a lot of blood in this album." :silly:
Laura-
First name: Laura

Post by Laura- »

Somehow the first thing that came into my mind when I read the story behind Jessica Kill was that it's about the break up. I'm wondering if the divorce is one of the reasons for the album to be so bloody.

Reading this thread is not good. I don't know what I'm gonna do these 3-4 months... I just wanna get the album in my hands and step into Deryck's mind..
"Like what you like. Not what you think you have to have on your iPod." - Butch Walker
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm very positive the backbone of Screaming Bloody Murder spawned from Deryck's divorce. Much like how Underclass Hero's sound was spawned from his marriage. Deryck says he always writes from life experiences and he was very happy in 2006 and Underclass Hero's sound reflects that. And with that being said, I'm so looking forward to Screaming Bloody Murder. They have said this was probably the darkest they've ever gone, so it's going to be interesting!