The Biggest Rival of Sum 41

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re: The Biggest Rival of Sum 41

Post by gejmik »

Ok.. I thought that they could get back to "Shut up" and "Crazy" times, but according to this song, it will be the same shit like the last album is.. I think SP is gone forever. This is shitty pop.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Jake! wrote:When have simple plan ever released a good album?
Why do you feel their new one will be any different?
their first cd is actually nice to listen if you're into catchy pop-rock.punk-whatever, i was into that stuff when i was like 12 or so, and still like to give it a listen you know for the old times
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Hentaiman wrote:And yeah, Blink 182 is a lot bigger than the Sums but back in 2000-2001 I think Sum 41 and Blink 182 were the major forces behind the pop punk and the two bands that everyone were talking about as the big bands of pop punk, and I think AKNF was actually a bit of a rival to Blink's TOYP&J, thats also when the Sums were touring non-stop and playing such festivals as Reading and Leeds.
Back in the late 90's and early 00's bands like Sum 41, Midtown, FenixTx, Gob, Alkaline Trio, NFG and Allister were popping up everywhere. Now the only bands that are still going strong from that era is Alkaline Trio, NFG and Sum 41. Most of those bands were dead and gone by 2005. I don't count Blink in to that beacuse they appeared so much sooner that all the others.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:And yeah, Blink 182 is a lot bigger than the Sums but back in 2000-2001 I think Sum 41 and Blink 182 were the major forces behind the pop punk and the two bands that everyone were talking about as the big bands of pop punk, and I think AKNF was actually a bit of a rival to Blink's TOYP&J, thats also when the Sums were touring non-stop and playing such festivals as Reading and Leeds.
Back in the late 90's and early 00's bands like Sum 41, Midtown, FenixTx, Gob, Alkaline Trio, NFG and Allister were popping up everywhere. Now the only bands that are still going strong from that era is Alkaline Trio, NFG and Sum 41. Most of those bands were dead and gone by 2005. I don't count Blink in to that beacuse they appeared so much sooner that all the others.
yeah but Blink 182 released Enema of the state in 1999 and it was the first album that was really successful ...Dude Runch was released on 1997 ...their first demo albums were as famous as I am ...and HHOP by Sum 41 was released on 2000 and All Killer No Filler(the first succesfull one by Sum 41) was released on 2001...there is not such a big time space if you will not count Blink 182 demos in ...and those demos could give them like 10 000 fans ... XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Emil wrote:
Fenix Tx reunited this year and are eventually releasing a new album =/

Gob is still a band that is still writing music. Tom just has to focus on Sum 41 right now because people want to see Sum 41 live.

Just a quick edit: I checked Allister's wiki page and they reunited/released a new album this year XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countdown_to_Nowhere

New single BTW
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I don't really consider music as "rivals", if I like both bands, I'll buy both albums. Enough said.
[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

didn't you hear, music is a sport.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Emil wrote:
yeah but Blink 182 released Enema of the state in 1999 and it was the first album that was really successful ...Dude Runch was released on 1997 ...their first demo albums were as famous as I am ...and HHOP by Sum 41 was released on 2000 and All Killer No Filler(the first succesfull one by Sum 41) was released on 2001...there is not such a big time space if you will not count Blink 182 demos in ...and those demos could give them like 10 000 fans ... XD
Dude Ranch sold Platinum before Enema was released, Cheshire Cat sold relatively well for being released on such a small label.
Raku wrote:Fenix Tx reunited this year and are eventually releasing a new album =/

Gob is still a band that is still writing music. Tom just has to focus on Sum 41 right now because people want to see Sum 41 live.

Just a quick edit: I checked Allister's wiki page and they reunited/released a new album this year XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countdown_to_Nowhere
Fenix Tx has reunited three times and haven't released a single new song yet. But the point is most of the band that appeared in the early 00's dissapeared as fast as the appeared.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Jeremy Kill wrote:In my guts I feel Screaming Bloody Murder will shit all over Simple Plan's new album.
Yup. And with a title such as "Screaming Bloody Murder" can't get any better than that.