Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by TomiT14 »

Okay, haven't checked this thread since the start of Eastpak tour to avoid all the spoilers about the shows.
So forgive me if this is old news, but Stevo said in an interview with a Finnish radio station today that the new album is ready, excluding one thing. Deryck wants to (re-)record one more solo for the album. He's planning to record it during the tour, if he hasn't done it already today (Steve wasn't sure).

So, still recording one solo means more mixing, so I guess it's still not completely ready. Then again, the label hasn't given any exact date for release, so the album can't be "delayed".
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:Okay, haven't checked this thread since the start of Eastpak tour to avoid all the spoilers about the shows.
So forgive me if this is old news, but Stevo said in an interview with a Finnish radio station today that the new album is ready, excluding one thing. Deryck wants to (re-)record one more solo for the album. He's planning to record it during the tour, if he hasn't done it already today (Steve wasn't sure).

So, still recording one solo means more mixing, so I guess it's still not completely ready. Then again, the label hasn't given any exact date for release, so the album can't be "delayed".
This actually was some new info.. thanks for that!
Last edited by Mitchell on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

I still hope it'll be out in February/March and that Deryck has mixed it already.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

TomiT14 wrote:Okay, haven't checked this thread since the start of Eastpak tour to avoid all the spoilers about the shows.

could i get a link to that interview?
1pLUs44
First name: Buddy

Post by 1pLUs44 »

SumGeek wrote:
I hear ya! I get like this with alot of the bands I like but I get annoyed most when someone asks about Sum 41. I think that if you're a real, true fan you would know these things. Like imagine if they played songs off of HHOP or b-sides, these people wouldn't have a clue if they don't even know No Brains and We're All To Blame. I don't think they've not had that song in their setlist since Chuck era.
Ya, because a real true fan knows every little thing about the band like an obsessed retard. :ohshiz:
ScottEdmondson41
First name: Scott
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by ScottEdmondson41 »

1pLUs44 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
I hear ya! I get like this with alot of the bands I like but I get annoyed most when someone asks about Sum 41. I think that if you're a real, true fan you would know these things. Like imagine if they played songs off of HHOP or b-sides, these people wouldn't have a clue if they don't even know No Brains and We're All To Blame. I don't think they've not had that song in their setlist since Chuck era.
Ya, because a real true fan knows every little thing about the band like an obsessed retard. :ohshiz:
i agree that they should recognize everything that was on any of their cds ( including HHOP) that's not a b-side. I can understand not knowing the b-sides. They should defnitely be able to recognize if somethings new or not.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

dbauer91 wrote:

http://ylex.yle.fi/areenawidget/showpla ... io/1454252

Steve is on 1.10.35 - 1.25.10.
Not sure how long it's available for listening.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

TomiT14 wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:

It's only available in Finland.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Emil wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:

It's only available in Finland.
Oh well, it was quite useless interview excluding that statement. Same old questions and answers we've heard many times already. This solo thing was the only thing I hadn't heard before.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone get annoyed when someone goes "What's that song @ _:__?" and the song just happens to be No Brains or We're All to Blame? Songs that a general fan of Sum 41 should probably know because they play those songs live almost all the time?
they played no brains several times this tour.. including the show that I attended
sorry i meant I don't think they've not had that song out of their setlist since Chuck era.

Well that is new news to us! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Good because Deryck wants to change something to perfect it but bad because this may delay some time.
1pLUs44 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Oh since you have one post maybe you fall under that. Nice first impression you made here to TNS.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

SumGeek wrote:Well that is new news to us! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Good because Deryck wants to change something to perfect it but bad because this may delay some time.
well ...I wouldn't be so sure about the good thing ...have you ever heard about a song that was overproduced ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

So they're back to being 99.9% done?

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:So they're back to being 99.9% done?

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:
im right there with ya man :suicide:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Hey look on the bright side.

Um...
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

at least they haven't split up.

yet.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

Gregorovich wrote:Hey look on the bright side.

Um...
The bright side is that it will come out SOME day.

myeah

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

OMFG! IS THAT THE 12 min SONG!!

oh wait, it's just an interview of 12 min.. Bastard

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

fenderrocks wrote:
Bad sound quality on the recorders part. Can barely hear the interviewer.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

SumGeek wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
Bad sound quality on the recorders part. Can barely hear the interviewer.
yeah that's how most of the interviews with Sum 41 is ...I hope that the SBM album will be succesful just becouse I want to hear a fucking normal interview where is normal sound and video ...or at least sound ! ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge