Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I completely agree with you but I need to ask this. Why do you use ellipsis so much
I don't know XD it's a habit I guess ... :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

the album is scheduled for march, according to Deryck (OUI FM radio France)
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

why has no one brought this up yet: if the album's not mastered yet, how do you expain skumfuk? personally, i haven't listened to it yet cuz i want the album to be entirely new to me when it finally comes out, but thus far i haven't heard one complaint about the production aspect of that song or of the way it was mixed.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Sometimes tracks are released pre-mastering for promotion purposes. Skumfuk is indeed well mixed but that doesn't really say anything about the status of the mastering. It seems mastered to me, because the sound is very crisp and defined, but it could also be just a good final mix. They could also go for an alternative second mastering in case they didn't like the overall result of the first mastering 100%. The fact that Deryck said the record is all done and in the labels' hands now does sound like it is already mastered and in production. What speaks agaist this is that they didn't mention it yet at all, whereas they did give us an update about the mastering during Underclass Hero production.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

I hope we can get something new soon ^^
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Haha, you just realized it's just a Metallica cover, right?
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

it could also be the schedule of the people that are going to mix the album. they could be really fucking busy this time of year. just putting this out there; i hope the final album version of skumfuk (as well as the rest of the album) sounds a hell of a lot better than the current version of skumfuk. i don't know about you guys, but the track we have now doesn't have the "ooooomph" i think it should.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

The label is most likely not to take 100% of the blame. Tom Lord-Alge may not have gotten the best mix of the record as the band wanted, as someone said above. Just because it's taking long doesn't mean that the label is to blame. If artwork or any of that is still undecided, it means that either they are still up in the air as to how it wants to be presented or it's just taking fucking forever to do. Let's be honest, Sum 41 has been on the road non-stop the past few months and haven't had the time to finish the record, oh well, next year is looking amazing for music. Let's all just chill, breathe, and wait for Screaming Bloody Murder.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I don't know, they took pictures for the artwork like months a go. But picking that is just one of the last things to do. But it shouldn't take a long time, since they already seem to have an idea (pictures in the dessert etc.)

Sum 41 has been on the road for a few months now, that's true, but in the meanwhile, they've been at home for 6 weeks or so. If they still got this tiny bit of work to do, they shouldn't go on tour, because it gets postponed all of the time then. I'd rather have them touring two weeks later, but with everything done.
keefer

Post by keefer »

Exactly, it's tough because they have a life too we have to realize. Either way, this album will eventually have to come out, let's just pray that it blows our minds.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

keefer wrote:Exactly, it's tough because they have a life too we have to realize. Either way, this album will eventually have to come out, let's just pray that it blows our minds.
hmm...I know a few bands ...all the members of these few bands(more than 50) have a life ...but they are still able to release an album within one year ...I really don't care when the album will finally come out ...I will wait and I don't blame them ...I just think that your argument with 'having a life' is a little shitty because as you can see their life consists of being drunk,touring,having fun and making videos of these acts ..
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
keefer

Post by keefer »

Bingo, but they could be just taking it easy and relaxing when off of tour, we never know because we don't see that on camera. Keep in mind too that this album has been a long work in the process and that they want to get it just right, so we have to wait for perfection.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

keefer wrote:Bingo, but they could be just taking it easy and relaxing when off of tour, we never know because we don't see that on camera. Keep in mind too that this album has been a long work in the process and that they want to get it just right, so we have to wait for perfection.
this thing with perfection ...An album does not have to take long to make to be perfect ...it can ...but also this thing may happen ...a band has an excellent album but they decide to make it better and they'll fuck up ...
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

DW_60 wrote:the album is scheduled for march, according to Deryck (OUI FM radio France)
Is this actually like confirmed by Deryck and not just him giving an estimated guess?
Can we listen to the interview or no? (If it's been recorded)
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

It said that Deryck.
Sure. Watch here http://www.sum41-france.com/index.php?s ... from=&ucat = &
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
keefer

Post by keefer »

Who knows when this record is coming out?! We've listed basically every possible month.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

let Deryck and the others get drunk and party as much as they want, they have not worked on the album since they went on Warped Tour, it is entirely IslandRecords who is delaying the album release. I just don't see a reason why IR does it.
Why is March be a better release date for the Sums than January or February? Or what would have been so wrong about December?
Oh well, but please release the single next month
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:let Deryck and the others get drunk and party as much as they want, they have not worked on the album since they went on Warped Tour, it is entirely IslandRecords who is delaying the album release. I just don't see a reason why IR does it.
Why is March be a better release date for the Sums than January or February? Or what would have been so wrong about December?
Oh well, but please release the single next month
is is all nice ...but according to the last interview the album isn't even mastered :P and there is no album cover XD so the only thing IR can release is tracks for download on I Tunes ...XD
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Maybe that interview was just really old...? They said several times that their part was done and that everything was in the labels hands.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:Maybe that interview was just really old...? They said several times that their part was done and that everything was in the labels hands.
my uncle keeps telling me that he likes Lady Gaga when he is drunk ...and thanks to last update you can see that Sum 41 is drunk even during interviews :D