Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by samueeL »

dbauer91 wrote:
Lars wrote:We know some titles, we know what the first single will be (at least almost for sure), we have Skumfuk, we have all of the interviews and all of the studio updates,...
what will the first single be?
Screaming Bloody Murder or Blood In My Eyes
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Lars wrote:Maybe we should make up a list.

Just with things we already know about SBM. Could be interesting to see how much that is already.
Haha, our list would be very short due to the fact that the band hasn't said much about it! and alot of things would be mentioned twice since we keep hearing the same things about it! :p
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

samueeL wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
Lars wrote:We know some titles, we know what the first single will be (at least almost for sure), we have Skumfuk, we have all of the interviews and all of the studio updates,...
Those are pretty bloody titles... I hope not all the songs titles from the album will have to do with blood, death, gore, violence and stuff like that.. :hehe:
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

:suicide:
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

dff_punk wrote:
samueeL wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
Those are pretty bloody titles... I hope not all the songs titles from the album will have to do with blood, death, gore, violence and stuff like that.. :hehe:
i hope they're all gory and make anic sound like a ballad.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Skumfuk in HD. Check out the guy's channel. Lots of Sum 41-videos.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Lars wrote:Skumfuk in HD. Check out the guy's channel. Lots of Sum 41-videos.
That was fucking awesome!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Look at Mitchell rocking out in the background!

At least I assume he must be standing there somewhere...
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Lars wrote:Skumfuk in HD. Check out the guy's channel. Lots of Sum 41-videos.
That was awesome! especially the ending. The lighting and quality is great.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

So the site administrator from Sum 41 France was able to hear a new song during the soundcheck. Probably Paris. I'll translate his 'review' of the song:
Sum 41-France wrote:So the song I heard had this (second 55)
& (last seconds)
in it. There weren't vocals though. The lead part was intereseting. Classic chords, but really aggresive and heavy, so they didn't lie about that part. The poppy side from UH has disappeared. It made me think of a Chuck-song. The song stops at a 'blow' (sort of a climax, is my guess) and then there's a guitar melody that starts up the song again. I'm sure it was part of the 12 minute-song.
(this translation is not 100% right, but for 95% it is)

My thoughts: well, we don't know much, actually.

Only that it was Screaming Bloody Murder. The guy says it's the 12 minute-song, but if it has that part from the 2nd video, it is Screaming Bloody Murder, we all know that.

The part from the 1st video would fit in with the one from the 2nd video, imo.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

So apparently according to Cone on this interview on Sum41France that Heather translated, the album is not even mastered yet.. that sucks. How the fuck they want to get a release date for it when they haven't finished the cover art and design for the album and not even mastered the tracks? Of course, these things do not take much and they could definitely finish it in time for release even this December but it's not happening. I mean, all recordings were finished around June... and mixing was done in the few months that followed (I guess until around August, maybe), so why aren't they mastering it... of course they're not releasing a single this year, the songs aren't mastered ><
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Hentaiman wrote:So apparently according to Cone on this interview on Sum41France that Heather translated, the album is not even mastered yet.. that sucks. How the fuck they want to get a release date for it when they haven't finished the cover art and design for the album and not even mastered the tracks? Of course, these things do not take much and they could definitely finish it in time for release even this December but it's not happening. I mean, all recordings were finished around June... and mixing was done in the few months that followed (I guess until around August, maybe), so why aren't they mastering it... of course they're not releasing a single this year, the songs aren't mastered ><
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

it's not mastered yet? the fuck?= didn't they say that was all done, mixed and mastered or at least in the process of being mastered, some months ago?
don't tell me Deryck was unhappy with the results and wants to do it on is own now or I might freak out.

just saw this on twitter http://bit.ly/bJwYQs
the songs he produced for fucking Avril could come out before we hear any new Sum41 songs, this shit is unfair :suicide:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Mastering can take quite a while because it pretty much makes or breaks the final record. I highly doubt Deryck would take on that task himself, because it takes years of training with specialized equipment before you even know where to start and then it can take weeks or even months. But they can decide that they don't like the result and send it back or to another mastering studio.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

i waited 5 fucking years for the offspring's newest cd (and they were easily my favorite band from '03-'08, aka the entire waiting time between splinter and rafrag). i don't deserve to have to wait this long for the sum's newest. i know a lot of it has to do w/ the record company at this point, but the sums def do have something to do w/ the wait as well. this shit needs to just happen already, or we at least need a release date or tracklisting - something!!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I bet nothing is closed with the tracklisting and shit cuz they didn't master it yet and don't even have all the final tracks, or maybe haven't even decided whats going into the record and what tracks would be b-sides/bonus tracks at this moment, thats what I think, and I think the label might be even holding on with it for now, cuz they didn't finish the record 100%... I mean, its not mastered and they haven't even done the artwork and design.. so they can't say its all up to the label, they still have some shit to do and they are touring which is cool, but they should've just finish it all before Eastpak, then tour Eastpak or just work on it for now, and tour only in January-February or whatever, when the record is out. And we don't have a single right now cuz nothing is mastered.

And it seems from that link to Avril Lavigne's site that Avril's label has done the same to her haha. I also hear that her album is "being finished" for a year already and was slated for release on early 2010, and it seems like the label has been holding her like Sum 41 haha, not that I care about her album, but It'll be interesting to hear the songs that Deryck did with her.
Last edited by Hentaiman on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I get the feeling that the Sums are actually going to lose fans because of them waiting so long. I was so pumped up for this album, but it seems like by the time their album comes out so will Blink-182's...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:I get the feeling that the Sums are actually going to lose fans because of them waiting so long. I was so pumped up for this album, but it seems like by the time their album comes out so will Blink-182's...
I agree and people just stopped waiting for the Blink album. Everyone were so pumped that Blink announced in early 2009 that they're reuniting and going into the studio, gonna be touring in the summer of 2009, releasing a single with the tour.. then the album will follow probably in late 20090-early 2010, but we all know how that turned out, and I think ppl just stopped waiting for this Blink album, cuz then all of 2010 they did nothing b-cuz Tom was with AVA and such, and they only returned to the studio in October after that Epicenter show.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

People might have stopped waiting for Blink 182 album ...but they will sure all listen to it once it's out ...why?because there is a thing called curiousness and people won't loose it from waiting ...and what will Blink 182 loose??I think that nothing ...because who buys original CD's ??? they can afford to loose the ones who are waiting to download it ...

and I still don't get this thing about Blink 182 ...yes,they got together again and yes,they were touring a lot and yes they promised us a song ...but they never said when the album will be out ...and now they said it will be out probably early next year or in summer ...we can only blame them for the song,if we can(because only Mark promised it and we know that the band consists of 3 people and there is more people to decide )...and Mark was very excited and delighted about Blink 182 being a band again ...

personally I don't give a fuck ...there is the newest A Day To Remember album to listen to...there is MCR new album on it's way and there is a lot of new music to discover ...you know I have almost 150 GB of music in my computer but I cannot say that I know every band I should .
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

FuckT41182 wrote:People might have stopped waiting for Blink 182 album ...but they will sure all listen to it once it's out ...why?because there is a thing called curiousness and people won't loose it from waiting ...and what will Blink 182 loose??I think that nothing ...because who buys original CD's ??? they can afford to loose the ones who are waiting to download it ...

and I still don't get this thing about Blink 182 ...yes,they got together again and yes,they were touring a lot and yes they promised us a song ...but they never said when the album will be out ...and now they said it will be out probably early next year or in summer ...we can only blame them for the song,if we can(because only Mark promised it and we know that the band consists of 3 people and there is more people to decide )...and Mark was very excited and delighted about Blink 182 being a band again ...

personally I don't give a fuck ...there is the newest A Day To Remember album to listen to...there is MCR new album on it's way and there is a lot of new music to discover ...you know I have almost 150 GB of music in my computer but I cannot say that I know every band I should .
I completely agree with you but I need to ask this. Why do you use ellipsis so much?
[donate][/donate]