What do you think about Coldplay

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: What do you think about Coldplay

Post by Bobbyjames »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Simon wrote:That explained exactly nothing, but at the same time it explained everything. You obviously want to hate them for no good reason except that you've always hated britpop fags - totally reasonable. But who am I kidding.. when I was 15, I was exactly the same. You will grow out of it sooner or later.
I don't want to hate them. There isn't a single band in the world I want to hate.

I don't think I'll ever like Coldplay. I tried to get into this kind of music a few months ago, I tried bands like Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, U2, Coldplay, etc., but bands like this can't keep me interested. I think time won't change it.
I don't think Radiohed has something to do with pop ...their music does not sound popular to me ...it sounds kinda weird but I like it a lot ..
Radiohead kinda came about as an alternative to Britpop. I wouldn't really put them in the same bracket as Blur & Oasis though they were around at kinda the same time.

U2 aren't Britpop either.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Simon wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Simon wrote:That explained exactly nothing, but at the same time it explained everything. You obviously want to hate them for no good reason except that you've always hated britpop fags - totally reasonable. But who am I kidding.. when I was 15, I was exactly the same. You will grow out of it sooner or later.
I don't want to hate them. There isn't a single band in the world I want to hate.

I don't think I'll ever like Coldplay. I tried to get into this kind of music a few months ago, I tried bands like Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, U2, Coldplay, etc., but bands like this can't keep me interested. I think time won't change it.
What does that have to do with them not being a good band? You are talking taste/interest again and that's not the point. I'm not saying you will start liking them, I'm saying (hopefully) you will start appreciating good music no matter if they fall into your range of interest at the time or not.
Their music bores me, that's all. I can't find any good moments in it.

What's good and what isn't is subjective. Don't tell me that I don't appreciate good music only because I don't like Coldplay. I could say the same thing about you because you don't like, hmm, for example, Converge. Look at the ratings they get for each album and what a cult band they have become. Still, I think you've never heard of them, and even if you'd listen to some of their songs, at first you surely wouldn't like them.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:
Simon wrote:
soft-punker wrote:

What does that have to do with them not being a good band? You are talking taste/interest again and that's not the point. I'm not saying you will start liking them, I'm saying (hopefully) you will start appreciating good music no matter if they fall into your range of interest at the time or not.

What's good and what isn't is subjective. Don't tell me that I don't appreciate good music only because I don't like Coldplay. I could say the same thing about you because you don't like, hmm, for example, Converge. Look at the ratings they get for each album and what a cult band they have become. Still, I think you've never heard of them, and even if you'd listen to some of their songs, at first you surely wouldn't like them.
I think that you are pretty out ...what Simon is trying to say to you is that the fact that you don't like the band gives you no reason to say that they suck ...
and the thing about your good taste ...I listen to a lot of bands nobody here ever heard of (like The Bridgeheads) ...but fuck we are not alone ...there is many people here who have a great taste in music ...and some of them can actually write a constructive criticism...you know something more than they suck,I don't like them,they're britpop ...If you want to write down all of the bands you listen to and have less than 10 thousand plays on youtube just to prove that you have a good taste in music,then okay ...but nobody gives a fuck if you can't prove the accuracy of your criticism ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Simon wrote:
soft-punker wrote:

I think that you are pretty out ...what Simon is trying to say to you is that the fact that you don't like the band gives you no reason to say that they suck ...
and the thing about your good taste ...I listen to a lot of bands nobody here ever heard of (like The Bridgeheads) ...but fuck we are not alone ...there is many people here who have a great taste in music ...and some of them can actually write a constructive criticism...you know something more than they suck,I don't like them,they're britpop ...If you want to write down all of the bands you listen to and have less than 10 thousand plays on youtube just to prove that you have a good taste in music,then okay ...but nobody gives a fuck if you can't prove the accuracy of your criticism ...
I can't express my thoughts perfectly because my English sucks, sorry. :/
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Two things I want to say.

1. I didn't say Coldplay where a shit band, I simply stated that I can't stand them because I don't like their music. I will speak no more of this matter.

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:U2 aren't Britpop either.
That would be because they aren't British.
[donate][/donate]
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Coldplay sucks
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Two things I want to say.

1. I didn't say Coldplay where a shit band, I simply stated that I can't stand them because I don't like their music. I will speak no more of this matter.

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:U2 aren't Britpop either.
That would be because they aren't British.
well, yea. but even they were British, they aren't Britpop. they were around years before Britpop came about.

and Coldplay aren't Britpop either.

everyone stop mentioning Britpop!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

i don't get the hate for coldplay. when i was growing up everyone liked them, they were the big thing when i was growing up and people all just listened to them. now the last few years everyone's hating on them. like nickelback. was it coldplay that won best rock album or something? maybe that's why
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

it's because half the kids in here can't remember when they first came out, they just know the Coldplay that is cool to hate because they suck monkey ballz and they're selloutz and they don't care about the kidz and the dolphinz.

this thread is rubbish.

I find it quite funny that Converge were mentioned in a Coldplay thread though.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:it's because half the kids in here can't remember when they first came out, they just know the Coldplay that is cool to hate because they suck monkey ballz and they're selloutz and they don't care about the kidz and the dolphinz.

this thread is rubbish.

I find it quite funny that Converge were mentioned in a Coldplay thread though.
Exactly my thoughts, haha.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...