[Review] American Idiot on Broadway

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

[Review] American Idiot on Broadway

Post by TomiT14 »

Not a huge fan of musicals in general. Seen two here in Finland, they were nice, but nothing stunning.
But the American Idiot was a one I wanted to see, just by the fact that GD is my 2nd favorite band.
I was a bit doubtful how the songs would fit in with the story, since I didn't fully understand the meaning of the lyrics myself beforehand. :glad:

But as soon as the American Idiot the song started playing, I knew I would enjoy this show. It was so full of energy throughout the show, and the story was quite simple and easy to follow. And there were some humoristic parts here and there, which sparked up the crowd. And the singing and playing was great too.

If you're planning to see this and don't want to get spoiled, do not read any further.

The show consisted of the whole American Idiot album from start to end. I know it's vital for the plot, but I thought it was a bit of a letdown, since you could tell what song was coming next. Although there were some surprises, which were nice. The best performances to me were Holiday, Favorite Son, Before The Lobotomy / Extraordinary Girl, 21 Guns and the encore of Good Riddance, where the whole cast played acoustic guitars.

Also, don't listen to the Broadway album if you're going to see this. I didn't want to spoil the show for me, so I didn't listen to it beforehand. And luckily so, since the songs are exactly the same on the album (and in same order too) excluding the encore.

Not so special review, but all in all, I loved it! Definitely go and see this if you have a chance!

Setlist:

1. American Idiot
2. Jesus Of Suburbia
3. Holiday
4. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
5. Favorite Son
6. Are We The Waiting
7. St. Jimmy
8. Give Me Novacaine
9. Last Of The American Girls / She's A Rebel
10. Last Night On Earth
11. Too Much Too Soon
12. Before The Lobotomy / Extraordinary Girl
13. When It's Time
14. Know Your Enemy
15. 21 Guns
16. Letterbomb
17. Wake Me Up When September Ends
18. Homecoming
19. Whatsername
--Encore--
20. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: [Review] American Idiot on Broadway

Post by FuckT41182 »

I totally forgot about this musical ...but I am not sure if I'd be capable to watch the whole thing ...I just don't find musicals any interesting...but seeing that it's Green Day we're talking about,I'll probably give it a try ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: [Review] American Idiot on Broadway

Post by samueeL »

Probably going to see this in february! Taking a trip to NYC. Can't wait.