A Day to Remember new album

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Re: A Day to Remember new album

Post by withchappedlips »

soft-punker wrote:
Well, everyone have a different opinion about what metalcore is. I personally think bands like As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, As Blood Runs Black, etc. are real metalcore. I consider Attack! Attack! as emocore or trancecore.

Taking Back Sunday is just emo. Emocore is something like Funeral for a Friend, Silverstein, Rites of Spring, Undereoath (They're Only Chasing Safety), etc. If emocore is not a genre, please tell me what music do these bands play?
I am pretty sure that Rites of Spring really fits into the legit "emo" genre. Early TBS as well as Funeral For a Friend and Silverstein, could really have fit in with an "emocore" genre, but I think it's easier to call them "post-hardcore", which is pretty much the term people used for "Emo" music, after the emo genre died out. I would personally view newer Taking Back Sunday as just alternative rock music... simple as that. They don't sound the same as they used to, and really lost a lot of the emotion, and a lot of what made them a post-hardcore band.

As far as Underoath goes, they are easily a metalcore band. I view them as a christian metalcore band, just like The Devil Wears Prada... I guess an argument saying they arent makes sense due to the lack of breakdowns, but I think underoath fits quite well with the metalcore genre.

Plus, if you look at it from a current perspective... music is changing. You are getting synthy autotuned bands coming in that really focus more on writing a breakdown than writing a full structural song. They have the same molds as one another, and they are getting thrown in with the post-hardcore/metalcore genres. That's why throwing bands into genres is stupid, and often tough. I don't think that Dance Gavin Dance sounds anything like Emery, but they are both in this "post-hardcore" genre, as far as I've seen. Just obviously opposite ends of the spectrum in that genre.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Doctor Babe. wrote: I am pretty sure that Rites of Spring really fits into the legit "emo" genre. Early TBS as well as Funeral For a Friend and Silverstein, could really have fit in with an "emocore" genre, but I think it's easier to call them "post-hardcore", which is pretty much the term people used for "Emo" music, after the emo genre died out. I would personally view newer Taking Back Sunday as just alternative rock music... simple as that. They don't sound the same as they used to, and really lost a lot of the emotion, and a lot of what made them a post-hardcore band.

As far as Underoath goes, they are easily a metalcore band. I view them as a christian metalcore band, just like The Devil Wears Prada... I guess an argument saying they arent makes sense due to the lack of breakdowns, but I think underoath fits quite well with the metalcore genre.

Plus, if you look at it from a current perspective... music is changing. You are getting synthy autotuned bands coming in that really focus more on writing a breakdown than writing a full structural song. They have the same molds as one another, and they are getting thrown in with the post-hardcore/metalcore genres. That's why throwing bands into genres is stupid, and often tough. I don't think that Dance Gavin Dance sounds anything like Emery, but they are both in this "post-hardcore" genre, as far as I've seen. Just obviously opposite ends of the spectrum in that genre.
Rites of Spring were one of the first emo bands, but more people think that they were the first band who mixed hardcore and emo, and created emocore.
That's a bad thing. People started to call emocore bands post-hardcore, when they have nothing to do with that genre.
Yeah, Taking Back Sunday is alternative rock now. I liked them better when they were an emo band. Tell All Your Friends is a masterpiece in the genre.

Well, I think Underoath is too poppy to be a metalcore band. Same thing with The Devil Wears Prada.

You're right.

Ps.: Don't believe last.fm tags.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Holy Fuck i didnt even know ADTR were making a new album

so frikin stoked for this

they will stuggle to make it better than Homesick I hope they do tho
withchappedlips

soft-punker wrote: Ps.: Don't believe last.fm tags.
I pretty much have had a genretisement of bands forever. Last.fm is generally just for me to see what people listen to / what I have been listening to. Example: until I checked it recently, I had no idea I listened to Dance Gavin Dance over 1000 times. I dont click artists pages unless I want to comment on them.

I find Last.fm to be pretty faulty. How the fuck is Letlive. ANYTHING like Sleeping With Sirens? That's like comparing GlassJAw to Attack Attack!...

[donate][/donate]
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

I have to agree that For Those Who Have Heart is better than Homesick, but Homesick is amazing as well! I really want the new album to be something in the vein of Homesick but yet to have its own new sound or something... that the band will go into new directions or whatever on some songs... and not synths and trance stuff like Attack Attack! and stuff like that..
chris
Pedo
First name: Chris, I think
Instrument 2: White Owls
Instrument 3: Lighter

Post by chris »

For Those Who Have Heart > Homesick. You guys are all bastards, the new album better be completely different or they will die off.
& This:
Doctor Babe. wrote: I seriously think that this band will release the best music they could ever write once they are off Victory.
Don’t bother screaming, don’t bother crying

Ignore all hope of mercy.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

chris wrote:For Those Who Have Heart > Homesick. You guys are all bastards, the new album better be completely different or they will die off.
Your stupid. Homesick is the more popular album.
And if your retarded; look for yourself:
Spoiler: show
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Day_to_Remember
withchappedlips

Just Peter wrote:
chris wrote:For Those Who Have Heart > Homesick. You guys are all bastards, the new album better be completely different or they will die off.
I'm glad you use a band's most popular album as their best. Would you call Daisy Brand New's best album? I mean, that album debuted better than any of their previous releases. It MUST be the best they have released!

Homesick's album sales are a product of constant touring, as well as Victory's marketing of A Day To Remember. For Those Who Have Heart put them on the map, and Victory just capitalized on their sound, and because of it they were rushed to create Homesick, and put out an album that was the closest thing to a "mainstream" hardcore band. They didn't necessarily put their best work into the record.

For Those Who Have Heart didn't have the amount of songs to use as "singles", and the album didn't come out at a time where it was popular to make the style that ADTR makes. You didn't see a whole hell of a lot of bands making that style work, and ADTR made it work. They didn't progress too much between records, and really just became Victory's one band to cash in on. This all goes into why Homesick is a more popular album. A good amount of people actually heard Homesick first, because it's a more radio friendly record, and helped gain loads of new fans that hadn't heard them before. It took until A Death-Grip on Yesterday for Atreyu to reach super commercial success, and that's because it took Victory that long to market them as well as they could. The label is notorious for marketing only the most successful artists they have, and For Those Who Have Heart gave ADTR the type of success that warranted heavy marketing by their label. Homesick is a good record, and quite a fun record to listen to, but it isn't nearly the record FTWHH is.

[donate][/donate]
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Doctor Babe. wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
I'm glad you use a band's most popular album as their best. Would you call Daisy Brand New's best album? I mean, that album debuted better than any of their previous releases. It MUST be the best they have released!

Homesick's album sales are a product of constant touring, as well as Victory's marketing of A Day To Remember. For Those Who Have Heart put them on the map, and Victory just capitalized on their sound, and because of it they were rushed to create Homesick, and put out an album that was the closest thing to a "mainstream" hardcore band. They didn't necessarily put their best work into the record.

For Those Who Have Heart didn't have the amount of songs to use as "singles", and the album didn't come out at a time where it was popular to make the style that ADTR makes. You didn't see a whole hell of a lot of bands making that style work, and ADTR made it work. They didn't progress too much between records, and really just became Victory's one band to cash in on. This all goes into why Homesick is a more popular album. A good amount of people actually heard Homesick first, because it's a more radio friendly record, and helped gain loads of new fans that hadn't heard them before. It took until A Death-Grip on Yesterday for Atreyu to reach super commercial success, and that's because it took Victory that long to market them as well as they could. The label is notorious for marketing only the most successful artists they have, and For Those Who Have Heart gave ADTR the type of success that warranted heavy marketing by their label. Homesick is a good record, and quite a fun record to listen to, but it isn't nearly the record FTWHH is.
I don't like Brand New, I didn't even bother with that album. Yes, in the big picture, the "best" album is the more popular one. There are more people that know of Homesick as compared to FTWHH.

Anyway, back to what the kid said, the band most defiantly will not die if they release Homesick V2.
Last edited by Peterr on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

Just Peter wrote: Yes, in the big picture, the "best" album is the more popular one. There are more people that know of Homesick as compared to FTWHH.
:suicide:

Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote: Yes, in the big picture, the "best" album is the more popular one. There are more people that know of Homesick as compared to FTWHH.
You sure are stupid for a 15 year old.
In the big picture, out of every single persons opinion (That has one), Homesick is the better album. This is proved by the higher CD sales and venue attendance. You cannot argue with the facts. Most people think Homesick is their "best" or "better" album.
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
You sure are stupid for a 15 year old.
In the big picture, out of every single persons opinion (That has one), Homesick is the better album. This is proved by the higher CD sales and venue attendance. You cannot argue with the facts. Most people think Homesick is their "best" or "better" album.
As I said before, I promised to not blame people for ignorance. Kyle already told you everything. If you still think that you're the person who's right, then you're either really contrary or just incredibly stupid.
Last edited by soft-punker on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Dude, the fact that one album is more popular than another one doesn't mean its better, especially in concert attendance... cuz they play everything live, and people who prefer older albums will also come to the shows, and Kyle already explained the whole CD sales thing... with every album such a band is promoted and marketed better thats why most bands always debut better on the charts and such with every album... I think A7X's Nightmare is also their most successful in CD sales... but City of Evil is definitely better.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Hentaiman wrote:Dude, the fact that one album is more popular than another one doesn't mean its better
Are you saying that even though Homesick did best, majority of people think that FTWHH is better? If they do like it more, why is it not the more popular album?
Last edited by Peterr on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Just Peter wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Dude, the fact that one album is more popular than another one doesn't mean its better
Are you saying that even though Homesick did best, majority of people think that FTWHH is better? If they do like it more, why is it not the more popular album?
Well, Because of what Kyle said... FTWHH did really good and was their breakthrough album and their major label debut... and since it got them their head start, everything went better from there, and when the label saw how popular the band gets and how much money they make they decided to put more into promoting and marketing the band resulting in Homesick being more popular... FTWHH was just the beggining, the breakthough... and most people have heard Homesick before any other ADTR album... myself included, but whats better its a matter of opinion already, what I do know is that the number of copies an album sold is not a way to judge its quality.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

just in case somebody missed it...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, the new song is amazing. They also upped a 45 second preview of a song called "2nd Sucks" which is also awesome.
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

All I Want sucks.

Rocket41
Billy Spleen
First name: Taylor

Post by Rocket41 »

I kinda like the new song, have pretty high hopes for this album.

soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

2nd Sucks is out. The whole song is just a fucking breakdown. Boooooring. So, they've released two song from this album, and both of them sucks. I'm starting to think that this album will be the biggest dissapointment of the year.