Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Nic »

DALE wrote:Didn't management set an aug 31 release date? Steve said it wasn't mixed, and deryck said it was only up to the label to release it... someone's lying, I hate how their treating fans like pawns, it's really disrespectful.

And does anyone else find it ridiculous that it's taken more than 2yrs to make a sum 41 album?

The idea of them playing for an hour on a european tour after they couldn't pull off 30 minute sets on warped tour is going to turn into a disaster.

Also them headlining a tour with nothing to tour under, would mean no-one would show up, they've been off the radar for awhile musically.
You have had 4 posts on this site and they have all been negative. Do you even like Sum 41?
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

Emil wrote:
PTswim41 wrote:
Emil wrote:
PTswim41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Yeah, things are looking bleak for an album release, but looking at their MySpace, there's a gap in shows from September 12 to October 27. So the album could possibly be released during that time?

Yeah that would be nice. But theres also a gap in shows from December 1 to Febuary 26 so it could be released then
Why do a major headlining tour if you don't have anything to support?

They did warped tour with nothing to support
Not a major headlining tour.
So a tour with an average attendance of 16,000-20,000 people everyday for the entire summer and them being one of the headlining bands is not a major headlining tour?

Yeah, they only did 30 min set in Warped Tour and they haven't even been on the main stage there...
Not being on the main stage doesnt mean your not a headliner. They probably had the biggest crowd at every warped tour date they played
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Well they are at least trying to get things going. Someone should bomb-threaten their label and make them work faster. Either way, they must play at least 1 new song whether label or not on the upcoming Europe tour.

Due to all these delays, injuries, coincidences and random shit happening- i think there is something mystic going on. From now on my newbs are Island Def Jam.

You fuckers.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

Andy Jetzt online!
An:

* [Cone McCaslin] Cone McCaslin
* [Andy] Andy

Cone M…
06:26
Von: Cone McCaslin <myspace.com/conemccaslin>
An: Andy

It might be a little bit longer. A few songs are still getting mixed then everything has to be mastered. When thats done we can give the 12 min. song.
Andy Jetzt online!
12.08.2010 12:28
Von: Andy <myspace.com/andy_vfb1893>
An: Cone McCaslin

hello cone. When will be the 12 minute song released? all fans are waiting eagerly on the world. in the warped tour interviews early july, you said in the next 2 weeks, but now more than 5 week have passed.
greetzs from a big sum 41 fan from germany
andy
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

sum41-freak wrote:Andy Jetzt online!
An:

* [Cone McCaslin] Cone McCaslin
* [Andy] Andy

Cone M…
06:26
Von: Cone McCaslin <myspace.com/conemccaslin>
An: Andy

It might be a little bit longer. A few songs are still getting mixed then everything has to be mastered. When thats done we can give the 12 min. song.
Andy Jetzt online!
12.08.2010 12:28
Von: Andy <myspace.com/andy_vfb1893>
An: Cone McCaslin

hello cone. When will be the 12 minute song released? all fans are waiting eagerly on the world. in the warped tour interviews early july, you said in the next 2 weeks, but now more than 5 week have passed.
greetzs from a big sum 41 fan from germany
andy
that's what I call a great work ! now we know that we don't have to wait for it :D
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Memoire
First name: Sven

Post by Memoire »

I bet they were drunken on all of their warped-tour interviews :P
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Memoire wrote:I bet they were drunken on all of their warped-tour interviews :P
actually , Lately I don't remember Sum 41 being sober ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Memoire

Post by Memoire »

im wondering if this is good or bad
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I don't think they've been sober in 12 years
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

fenderrocks wrote:I don't think they've been sober in 12 years
I don't know ...when Deryck was husband he was like an angel ...and all the Underclass Hero ra was pretty sober I think :)
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Really we should all go do better things rather than bitching about it here. It's not going to make it come any quicker...

This is my last post on TNS.

Good bye, good people.
DALE
First name: DALE

Post by DALE »

Nic wrote:
DALE wrote:Didn't management set an aug 31 release date? Steve said it wasn't mixed, and deryck said it was only up to the label to release it... someone's lying, I hate how their treating fans like pawns, it's really disrespectful.

And does anyone else find it ridiculous that it's taken more than 2yrs to make a sum 41 album?

The idea of them playing for an hour on a european tour after they couldn't pull off 30 minute sets on warped tour is going to turn into a disaster.

Also them headlining a tour with nothing to tour under, would mean no-one would show up, they've been off the radar for awhile musically.
You have had 4 posts on this site and they have all been negative. Do you even like Sum 41?
I'm trying to honest, not just having my head up his ass, pretending that i'm not being played.

I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it confirmed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.

Also being lied to about to about what really happened in japan, being attacked by 3 unknown attackers, really? they were in a japanese bar attacked by 3 AMERICANS and they didn't know who they were? BS, If he was attacked by 3 mystery men causing him physical harm and loss of revenue due to cancelled warped tour gigs, he would be pressing charges, instead he's trying to save face of getting his ass whooped and naming names of the people who attacked him.

What am I suppose to be positive about? "scumfuck"? cancelled tours? no album? partying?

I can think of one positive their not avenged sevenfold.
Last edited by DALE on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

DALE wrote:
Nic wrote:

I'm trying to honest, not just having my head up his ass, pretending that i'm not being played.

I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it conformed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.

Also being lied to about to about what really happened in japan, being attacked by 3 unknown attackers, really? they were in a japanese bar attacked by 3 AMERICANS and they didn't know who they were? BS, If he was attacked by 3 mystery men causing him physical harm and loss of revenue due to cancelled warped tour gigs, he would be pressing charges, instead he's trying to save face of getting his ass whooped and naming names of the people who attacked him.

What am I suppose to be positive about? "scumfuck"? cancelled tours? no album? partying?

you're supposed to be positive about Cone ...He has the same woman for many years ...He's a good boy :winkwink:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

DALE wrote:
Nic wrote:

I've had personal experiences where I 've been lied too, where i've waiting outside for a cancelled concert being given a bullshit lle about him having an "inner ear infection" just to have it conformed later he was too busy partying with then girlfriend paris hilton in california causing him to miss the flight out, so yeah my trust in them went down ALOT, and to see him on tmz club hopping all night with his socialite girlfriend hanna beth while they can't play for a simple 30 minutes on warped tour is insulting to ALL fans.

oh yeah.. now i get it.. they faked the attack.. they faked the footage from him in the hospital including the MRI's.. he pretended to be injured in the video footage from tmz.. that's briliant good job dale![/sarcasm]

someone ban this guy already..
Memoire

Post by Memoire »

@Dale:Dude,maybe they threat their fans not as good as we´d like them to,but - they´re only human.
Dont know what happened at that bar,but the guys have privacy,too.
DALE
First name: DALE

Post by DALE »

@ blackhawk1105 - "oh yeah.. now i get it.. they faked the attack" I didn't say that, "instead he's trying to save face of getting his ass whooped" they lied about not knowing who attacked him read it again.

What's harder clubbing all night or standing in front of a microphone for 30 minutes?

If everyone who has an opinion has a chance of being banned, then no wonder most people are yes men.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Memoire wrote:Dude,maybe they threat their fans not as good as we´d like them to,but - they´re only human.
hmm ...I think they treat us pretty well ...they meet with fans after their shows,they co-operate with TNS,Cone answers questions on myspace,they all answer questions on their official website and if you get to meet them,they don't seem any big headed ...and they give us updates from the shows,from the studio ...and the 12 minutes long song ...okay I admit that it's not nice to say "in two or three weeks" and after 5 weeks we have nothing ...but we don't know what's happening there ...
Last edited by FuckT41182 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

too be fair in the vid he was not really wasted compared to other vids of him out

and im pretty sure if he wants to go for a drink he can .. who are we too moan .. they already have giving so much into my life ha

but

on the sober thing i was watching this morning one of the documentrys from UH era and D is talking about how he used to drink before shows but now he dont now
Memoire

Post by Memoire »

hmm ...I think they treat us pretty well
I think so,too,but dale seems to have bad experiences with them.
I totally love that guys :D
Astronaut
First name: Dj
PSN ID: jnaut7

Post by Astronaut »

DALE wrote: What am I suppose to be positive about? "scumfuck"? cancelled tours? no album? partying?
I agree man.
"I'm Dave Brown Sound and you see me running late,
Cause I'm always making time to make your girlie feel great."

JOIN THE SIGOFTHEWEEK:
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=12811