Linkin Park- A Thousand Suns

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Linkin Park- A Thousand Suns

Post by Bobbyjames »

their still pretty good live though, I'll happily go see them when they tour this album, even if it is shit.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

I used to think that M2M was a great album, but it grew off me, IF that makes sense. However, I don't have a favourite album from LP, just a handful of songs from each disc I what I mainly listen to.

I hope this album goes back to the styles of HT and Meteora but still stay somehow fresh.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Linkin park have stated that this album is VERY different from anything they have done before. And from the artwork, tracklist and Catalyst sample, I think they're right. I really don't think anybody should label the album untill they've actually given it a good listen.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Gregorovich wrote:Linkin park have stated that this album is VERY different from anything they have done before. And from the artwork, tracklist and Catalyst sample, I think they're right. I really don't think anybody should label the album untill they've actually given it a good listen.
I don't believe them. It's going to be Minutes to Midnight 2.0, just even mushier.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

The Catalyst 30 secs sample sounds like something off M2M. I used to like HT and Meteora when I was younger haha, but I don't like LP much lately..
BCR1299
First name: Jay

Post by BCR1299 »

heard a clip of The Catalyst off of the Metal of honor trailer...i have a bad feeling about this one...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

well today is the 2nd of august and The Catalystis being released. An (almost) full version premiered in a 4 minute MoH trailer, and tbh,i dont know what to think of it. It's not really too god, but NOT in the way MTM was. It had huge potential as a rock song, but linkin park just made it bland and ugly by replacing tearing guitar riffs and pounding drum beats for techno and bass. all in all, i wouldnt say it is a bad song, just not as good as their other work. if they released it as a nu metal song, it would sound like a deeper version of something off meteora. as it stands, they didnt, and it doesnt. seems theyre hellbent on mainstream success as opposed to decent music nowadays. but im still a faithful fan, and will only ever lose faith in LP if they continue in this dark techno direction for their next album.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

meteora is their best work,numb is one of my favorite songs
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

their lyrics are pwn
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

The Catalyst has finally been released on iTunes... But wait, what's this? It appears that the single has been released in every store in the entire world... EXCEPT THE FUCKING UK!!!

WHAT THE FUCK? DO THEY HATE US OR SOMETHING?!?!

Also, their 'big winter UK tour' comprises of 3 gigs in the south of England...

Fuck you, linkin park. Fuck you.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Gregorovich wrote:The Catalyst has finally been released on iTunes... But wait, what's this? It appears that the single has been released in every store in the entire world... EXCEPT THE FUCKING UK!!!

Nope wasn't in North America either, but I just downloaded it. It gets a lot better after 3 minutes. The begining sounds more techno than rock. Hopefully not all the album is like this, but from a video I saw of the band choosing the winner of the contest Chester said that the winning song (should it be played in a club) should be made really well. Why would a ROCK BAND want their music to be played in a club?!?!
Anyway it'll grow on me, not as quickly as skumfuck, but What I've Done grew on me before the album came out. The album better be more upbeat, that's all I'm saying!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:The Catalyst has finally been released on iTunes... But wait, what's this? It appears that the single has been released in every store in the entire world... EXCEPT THE FUCKING UK!!!

Nope wasn't in North America either, but I just downloaded it. It gets a lot better after 3 minutes. The begining sounds more techno than rock. Hopefully not all the album is like this, but from a video I saw of the band choosing the winner of the contest Chester said that the winning song (should it be played in a club) should be made really well. Why would a ROCK BAND want their music to be played in a club?!?!
Anyway it'll grow on me, not as quickly as skumfuck, but What I've Done grew on me before the album came out. The album better be more upbeat, that's all I'm saying!
Okai I'll try again. The winner of the contest submitted a REMIX of the catalyst, so naturally it would be suited for clubs.

And with the slight disappointment of this song I can't help but think the rest of the album will sound different.

EDIT: Where did you download The Catlyst btw? cant find the full version anywhere.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

OH MY GOD, The Catalyst is terrible. It's worse than anything on M2M, if that's possible.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

looking forward to hearing the new single, and new album

I really like "Minutes To Midnight", it was nice medicore album, well produced, I love song "Given Up".

The first two are are great too, I understand where people are coming from but I really like "Minutes To Midnight", it's a different direction and sound but really nice to listen to, instead all screaming rage done before.

:silly: looking forward to hearing new LP
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

mmmmm just listened to new single on their site "the catalyst", don't like it, too techno i agree, sounds shit, they need to go for that Meteora sound again unless rest new album can change my mind, but if it's all like that then phhh not buying then
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

I guess our last hope for this album to be anything like meteora is that maybe The Catalyst was just made as techno mainstream crap to get more LP fans. Either way, LP are undoubtedly becoming more and more mainstream. Some people say, "oh the new stuffs great". To them I say- listen to hybrid theory again. You will be blown away in comparison.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

to be fair, they've always been mainstream and they've always been selling millions upon millions of records.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Gregorovich wrote:Okai I'll try again. The winner of the contest submitted a REMIX of the catalyst, so naturally it would be suited for clubs.

And with the slight disappointment of this song I can't help but think the rest of the album will sound different.

EDIT: Where did you download The Catlyst btw? cant find the full version anywhere.
I downloaded it from a site called demonoid.com
Gregorovich wrote:I guess our last hope for this album to be anything like meteora is that maybe The Catalyst was just made as techno mainstream crap to get more LP fans. Either way, LP are undoubtedly becoming more and more mainstream. Some people say, "oh the new stuffs great". To them I say- listen to hybrid theory again. You will be blown away in comparison.
They're not going back, they keep moving forward. Maybe there will be some heavy (like Given Up or No More Sorrow from M2M) songs on the album, but who knows with this band. They might even have a country song on it! I wouldn't put it past them! lol
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:They might even have a country song on it! I wouldn't put it past them! lol
:suicide:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Okai I'll try again. The winner of the contest submitted a REMIX of the catalyst, so naturally it would be suited for clubs.

I downloaded it from a site called demonoid.com
Gregorovich wrote:I guess our last hope for this album to be anything like meteora is that maybe The Catalyst was just made as techno mainstream crap to get more LP fans. Either way, LP are undoubtedly becoming more and more mainstream. Some people say, "oh the new stuffs great". To them I say- listen to hybrid theory again. You will be blown away in comparison.
They're not going back, they keep moving forward. Maybe there will be some heavy (like Given Up or No More Sorrow from M2M) songs on the album, but who knows with this band. They might even have a country song on it! I wouldn't put it past them! lol
You can't ever tell for sure. The sums went back. Green day have gone back 20 years. Even the foos are starting to go back (although who doesn't like the new foos?)