Country Bashing Songs?

Whatever you want to talk about!
Laxman 41
Billy Spleen

Country Bashing Songs?

Post by Laxman 41 »

Hey does anyone know of any rock/punk songs that bash country music? My buddy keeps going on like crazy how country music is so good, so I just want to shut him up with some good ol' rock.
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Re: Country Bashing Songs?

Post by Jake-41 »

Lulz, take it from someone that lives in the south... You can't shut em' up.

Wait.. I have one:
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8jvEJngh4M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8jvEJngh4M&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I like some country but i hate morons who go on and on about how its the only good music, bullshit.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Lolz country music. The fuckin shit they call country music today is an embarrassment. It all sounds the same. There are two different styles for men and women country singers and there's no way to tell which singer is singing. Besides, it isn't even country music anymore. It's pop music with a slide guitar. You want real country music, go listen to Willie Nelson or Cash.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

2712 wrote:Lolz country music. The fuckin shit they call country music today is an embarrassment. It all sounds the same. There are two different styles for men and women country singers and there's no way to tell which singer is singing. Besides, it isn't even country music anymore. It's pop music with a slide guitar. You want real country music, go listen to Willie Nelson or Cash.
Stop acting like you know about country, you're canadian.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:
2712 wrote:Lolz country music. The fuckin shit they call country music today is an embarrassment. It all sounds the same. There are two different styles for men and women country singers and there's no way to tell which singer is singing. Besides, it isn't even country music anymore. It's pop music with a slide guitar. You want real country music, go listen to Willie Nelson or Cash.
Stop acting like you know about country, you're canadian.
Same. There isn't a radio station i can pick up that doesn't play country/bluegrass. :sad:

Though, it has come a long way.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

so because im canadian, that means that i can't be pissed off about 24,000 redneck wannabees claiming that country music is the best fucking genre ever?

ever hear of the Craven Country Music Jamboree? claimed to be the WORLD'S GREATEST Country music festival, it happens every year barely 3 hours from where i live.

REGINA — The Craven Country Jamboree is living up to its billing as the world's greatest country music festival after selling out for the third consecutive year.

Organizers announced this morning that the event has reached its capped attendance level of 23,500 weekend passes. This is the earliest sellout in the history of the event — the 2009 event sold out on May 22 while the first complete sellout occurred in 2008 when the last available pass was sold one week before the event.

"We're excited and really thankful, all at the same time," show producer Brian Andrews said in a media release. "Six years ago, we had a vision and a passion for this festival, but we really didn't know if it would be embraced by the fans. Well, now we have our answer! Another sellout and even earlier than last year. The support of our fans, our sponsors, and this community is overwhelming and a big thank you must go out to everyone who continues to support this event."

The 2010 festival, scheduled for July 15-18, will feature Kenny Chesney (Sunday night headliner), Martina McBride (Saturday night headliner), Jason Aldean (Friday night headliner), Miranda Lambert, Kevin Costner & Modern West, Charley Pride, Diamond Rio, Neal McCoy, Eric Church, Crystal Shawanda, David Nail, Luke Bryan, Collin Raye and Williams & Ree.

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/entertain ... z0v02YvMj9

i fucking hate this being the only thing i hear about in july. so maybe i don't know as much about country music as you true rednecks, but neither do these idiots that go to craven.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

LOL I KNEW HE'D GOOGLE SOME CANADIAN COUNTRY SHIT.

STOP acting like you know about country, you're canadian.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

2712 wrote: i fucking hate this being the only thing i hear about in july. so maybe i don't know as much about country music as you true rednecks, but neither do these idiots that go to craven.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Country is a fairly big part of my province of Canada. Calgary is the biggest Stampede in the world, though it's not saying much when you look at how many places in the world still have cowboys and shit like that.

It's kind of weird that I never got into country music as much as I probably could've as a kid. Though, one of my favorite songs as a kid (like when I was 5 or 6 as far as I can recall) was Cadillac Ranch by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Even after all these years I still think it's a great song. I also liked their song called "Fishin' in the Dark".
I think Bruce Springsteen also has a song called Cadillac Ranch, so I'm not sure who wrote the song first, but I think it's the same song.

I don't even know anything about good country music these days. Garth Brooks? Taylor Swift? No idea.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhTbh78Y3m4

sorry man , if you asked for rumba or flamenco ...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Hold on by green days a real barn stomper lol. Not quite sure it's what you're looking for, but give it a good listen (especially the solo)
Laxman 41
Billy Spleen

Post by Laxman 41 »

Yeah the south park one was more of what I was leaning towards. Haha, that Hannah Montana is how I percieve counrty nowadays. And I wouldn't say that Green Day song is country. I really would like a song that just puts 'em in their place. Like that emo song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsv1qrHGVE
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Gregorovich wrote:Hold on by green days a real barn stomper lol. Not quite sure it's what you're looking for, but give it a good listen (especially the solo)
Haha! The intro is lulz.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Yeah I agree that all country singers (depending on gender) sound the same.