Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jake-41 »

Soo, nothin' new on the album so we resort to talking about the album cover band-title font.

Lulz.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Jake-41 wrote:Soo, nothin' new on the album so we resort to talking about the album cover band-title font.

Lulz.
That, my friend, is the single most important part of any record. Take green days Warning: shit cover = shit record.

But i would still like to see a ATGS style cover- when i saw it for the first time i was really impressed.
ryck
First name: ryck

Post by ryck »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
FakeNinja wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm hoping they use a different font for "Sum 41" than Dirty Ego. I'm starting to get tired of seeing their band name written like that (even though I used that font in my FC Album Cover Contest entry... shhh).
If their not using that one, then what would fit for their album cover. I have no idea.
I don't know, but it would be nice if they switched it up every now and again. All the other full length studio albums (as in not Half Hour of Power or Go Chuck Yourself) had different fonts for "Sum 41".

I have a feeling they're just going to stick to the same font though, as it's pretty much everywhere all the time.
This
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

canttt waittt
Last edited by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:Soo, nothin' new on the album so we resort to talking about the album cover band-title font.

Lulz.
That, my friend, is the single most important part of any record. Take green days Warning: shit cover = shit record.

But i would still like to see a ATGS style cover- when i saw it for the first time i was really impressed.
Woah..

Warning: Shit cover, good album.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album
Their last good album actually. Whoever stole the master recordings of Cigarettes and Valentines... I'm still going to brutally murder you.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album
Their last good album actually. Whoever stole the master recordings of Cigarettes and Valentines... I'm still going to brutally murder you.
Cigarettes and Valentines = Money Money 2020 by The Network
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

soft-punker wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album
Yeah right lol. Too much Too Soon was suppose to be on it... I just know it! Also there is a song called Cigarettes and Valentines that was suppose to be the title track.
Cigarettes and Valentines = Money Money 2020 by The Network
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album
Wow, i never knew that, but it sounds brutal that someone would just steal the master of a recorded song.
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

Jake-41 wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album
Wow, i never knew that, but it sounds brutal that someone would just steal the master of a recorded song.

It wasnt just one song it was the entire album. They said it was nearly finished when it got stolen.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

PTswim41 wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album

It wasnt just one song it was the entire album. They said it was nearly finished when it got stolen.
I wonder if that album was any better than how Warning turned out to be.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Okay, granted it has some fairly decent songs (im a huge fan) it was way below standard of any of their other works.

The solo in hold on is surprisingly awesome :)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:
PTswim41 wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

Lulz.

Woah..

Whoa indeed. GREAT album

I wonder if that album was any better than how Warning turned out to be.
Apparently is was along Warning's standards (no better, no less I believe) according to what I read about it.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Warning just seems like a chill out album.
i swear they just sat in beanbags and recorded that in a few days. it's pretty awesome though
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Nobody stole the master recordings of the album. They lie. They just thought that it isn't good enough to release it as a Green Day album. So they made a side project called The Network and release the album in 2003 with the name Money Money 2020. So Green Days Cigarettes and Valentines = The Networks Money Money 2020. Download It. I got the album for years.

Anyway Warning is a great album.
Last edited by soft-punker on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Did this page just contain irrelevant stuff which had no association to the new album?
How could you crap over this thread so much!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Post by vill_chouine »

soft-punker wrote:Nobody stole the master recordings of the album. They lie. They just thought that it isn't good enough to release it as a Green Day album. So they made a side project called The Network and release the album in 2003 with the name Money Money 2020. So Green Days Cigarettes and Valentines = The Networks Money Money 2020. Download It. I got the album for years.

Anyway Warning is a great album.
That ''the network'' album sucks...
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Please don't stop talking about Green Day, this thread is for discussion Screaming Bloody Murder. Feel free to make a topic about it in the Other Music section.

Back on topic now, please.
[donate][/donate]