Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Scumfuck Download + Discussion

Post by SumGeek »

Nic wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Nic wrote:Matt Whibley:

"That song is deep cut. Not a single. Was close to not making the album."
Well, maybe the other songs don't sound like Scumfuck? That's weird it didn't make the album almost because the band seemed to talk highly of it? Hm.
I don't think they ever really talked highly about it.
Actually, you're right. I meant like, they've mentioned it the most. Probably because it was one of the first working titles that we heard of.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

SumGeek wrote:Actually, you're right. I meant like, they've mentioned it the most. Probably because it was one of the first working titles that we heard of.
Hmm, didn't we heard about "Scumfuck" in pre pro vids = late 2009. So it's not really one of the first at all. And they haven't really even talked about it at all. Jessica Kill is the most hyped title I think.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

if it barely made the album, but cone's and tom's songs didnt make it, then thats fucked up
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

cone and tom wrote songs for this record? sang on them? i'd love to hear those! i hope those make the record, weren't we supposed to get a song that cone sang a long time ago? did that never happen?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

^^ we don't know if they'll be on the album

FC Live Chat (3/3/10)
Heather: haha, no worries. Can you give us some insight on the song you wrote for the Sum41 album?
Tom Thacker: deryck asked me about a year ago if i had any songs i would like to put on the upcoming sum41 release. we talked a bit about the direction the band was going musically and i put some ideas together and sent him the best one. he was stoked on it and recorded his version and it turned out great. we worked on a couple other ideas but by that time the album was basically full. i think the song turned out great. i'm stoked to work on new ideas in the future with deryck and the guys
Tom Thacker: i write songs all the time, this song was specifically written with sum 41 in mind
Jake: Hey Tom! That song you wrote, for the Sum 41 album. It sounds as if it's not going to make the record, any chance we'll ever get to hear it?
Tom Thacker: i'm not sure exactly what the album track list is or b-sides, hopefully my song will see the light of day
Cone Q&A with FC (6/29/10)
- Deryck talked about a song you had written in one of the studio updates. Was it a song you wrote while recording Birds + Bee Stings? And will it be on the new Sum41 album?

I think the song he was talking about was a song I had sent him a long time ago and we were going to release it on the Sum 41 EP. Then that EP turned into an album and we did re-record it but I don't think it is going to be on the new Sum album. It is recorded and finished though. So who knows it might be released one day for something.
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

someone told me yesterday that a new sum 41 song was out, instantly took me back a couple years to complete fan and gets me pumped for their new album, sum 41 is back in my good books!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Whoever doesn't like this song, die.
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

I love this song! Thanks a lot for posting!

I hope the whole album will be kinda like this, but a bit harder and louder.
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Does anyone know the lyrics yet?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

^^lol, I think this is my 3rd time posting these

like a sign up to failure (could also be "I'd like to sign up for failure")
you're a deadbeat on parade
with a foot in the gutter
and the other in the grave
you've cursed your silver spoon so black
so die

what can I say
yes its obvious you would end up this way
when you live amongst the dead
the best of luck
as the one and only resident skumfuk
a victim or just a tragedy

I hear you talk
but I don't hear you speak
you don't make sense
your mind is incomplete

I can't believe all the things that you say
you just can't get enough
we'll all be waiting
its (or "if") just for the day
guess your time is up

what can I say
yes its obvious you would end up this way
when you live amongst the dead
the best of luck
as the one and only resident skumfuk
a victim or just a tragedy

All that I need,
Is time for me to breathe.
Dream little dreams,
That only I believe.
Now that I see,
Beyond the light.
I know I'll be,
I'll be alright.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

last lyrics are beautiful. I feel a "look at me" vibe from them.
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

sweet ! where hell did find/get this?

thanks for sharing

I haven't heard anything in ages
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

This is pure, aggressive rock just like they promised. And the best part is that it's focused and artistic, not a clusterfuck of loud music. This is Scumfuck. Now where's that 12 minute song
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

i've just listened to it for the 79th time and it still sounds awesome!!! it feels weird to be like one of the 10 people that heard this song first!! (except for the guys and their friends/ label)
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

blackhawk1105 wrote:i've just listened to it for the 79th time and it still sounds awesome!!! it feels weird to be like one of the 10 people that heard this song first!! (except for the guys and their friends/ label)
I was the first one. :2cool4u:
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

This song is incredible. The piano keys in the background just fills the song with a sense of harmony

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ScottEdmondson41
First name: Scott

Post by ScottEdmondson41 »

lol, I just realised Scumfuck is now my 4th most played song on itunes. The top 5 is all sum 41 songs. here's what my top 5 most played songs are
1. Fat Lip ( 133 plays)
2. in too deep (91 plays)
3. Motivation (73 plays)
4. Scumfuck (72 plays)
5. Rhythms (67 plays)

after that it starts having other bands in there with the other sum 41 songs scattered throughout the list.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Schmiznatch wrote:Well, I just listened to this song for the umpteenth time and I must say that this is very much what I was thinking of after watching every update and one-liner about this new album. However, I feel that this clearly rough cut of a song has been misconstrued a bit by we faithful fans of TNS.

1. The "MCR" sound is there, except for the fact that to me it just sounds like he used a filter similar to the King of Contradiction. I feel that this doesn't sound like MCR, as much as it does The Black Parade (a total shift for MCR) and even then, it's only a similar distortion to the vocals.

2. Let's look towards the implications of this song for the new album. It is heavy, dark, layered, simple, dynamic, and uses a lot of effects to change the sound of nearly every instrument. Does anyone remember the update that told us, "If Sweeney Todd wrote an album, this is what it would sound like." I feel that this statement is very applicable to this song, with lyrical cues to a loved one or a dark past with someone dear to Deryck and strange sudden shifts in tempo and sound.

3. We need to realize that without Dave Brownsound, the band will most likely be less solo-focused. In another update, where Deryck shows us one of his guitars, D references that "anyone can fucking wank off on the fret board, but I think it takes real talent to make the guitar 'sound' good..." I could not agree more and although this is the roughest of cuts, It seems that every little sound was tweaked and double-checked to assure it is what they wanted in the song. (Especially the crescendo at the end of the song!)

4. I hope we can all get past this Underclass hate-rape that has been happening. If you listen to the album, there are so many great songs and so many interesting aspects to it. Imagine writing an album all on your own with no outside influences, where there once were many. It was a shift for a very specific reason, everything around Deryck had changed (Marriage, Bandmates, Management, and Environment) this resulted in a change in direction that saw references to his roots, but saw great leaps in the band's lyrical abilities as well as musical shifts (having a song like UH contrasted to Pull the Curtain and Speak of the Devil). In my opinion the album made sense and really wasn't absolute shit (which apparently is what most of us think).

In conclusion, I know that we were all expecting a dark album with songs about the break-up and if you weren't I hope you take surprises pleasantly, because that engulfed his life and once again caused a massive change in friends, his work, and his view of life. I wouldn't mind having 12-15 songs all about different areas of the split, because that really takes over one's thinking and focus and just seems to be an area of infinite depth and emotion for any individual.
Sum*41 have once again embarked on a new path for their music, one that may seem foreign and strange but will take us to great places and hopefully exciting surprises. Keep listening to it, the song definitely gets better with time!
This is a wonderful post. Props. I agree completely.

I don't however agree with a single person who says this song is about Avril. The majority of the lyrics that Deryck writes are very self-reflective and act as inner journeys for them. Deryck might have been angry at Avril at one point or another but they've had what appears to be a very healthy post-break up period... one that would never cause him to curse her to death. Think about it, would Deryck spend the time around his birthday with someone who he was this angry at? No. If the whole album is this dark and angry, people will do what's easy and attach every song to Avril. Realistically, that time of his life will have affected the music. However, never assume that a song that is this dark in tone is connected to the end of a relationship.

I COMPLETELY agree that "Pull the Curtain" is among Sum 41's strongest songs to date. I think people wrote the album off because of the weaker half of the album, but "Speak of the Devil" and PTC were both really strong. I also think "Count Your Last Blessings" was great and my heart reaches out to "Dear Father." It wasn't the abandonment of their talent that people seem to make it out to be.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
blanko

Post by blanko »

Thank you so much TNS and Sum 41 for this song =)
It's really a new kind of sound for sum 41, like they do for each new album :happy: .
I love the way Deryck sing "So die", it sounds like The Smiths.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

ScottEdmondson41 wrote:lol, I just realised Scumfuck is now my 4th most played song on itunes. The top 5 is all sum 41 songs. here's what my top 5 most played songs are
1. Fat Lip ( 133 plays)
2. in too deep (91 plays)
3. Motivation (73 plays)
4. Scumfuck (72 plays)
5. Rhythms (67 plays)

after that it starts having other bands in there with the other sum 41 songs scattered throughout the list.
it has 97 on my itunes, and like 124 on last.fm from where i didn't even extract it from the rar before listening. and still going strong!