Green Day References?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

how do i delete posts? i accidently posted that one twice.

Guest is my noob.
grandpa
King of Contradiction
First name: Gramps
n00b: All

Post by grandpa »

it should be somewhere up by the quote button...
V wrote:This guy is awesome.
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

the old Green day stuff was the shit... too bad they changed... Sum 41 changed too.. but they went back to they're old stuff... i think green day should go old skool!
One of a Kind of Something
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

grandpa wrote:
samueeL wrote:plz these lyrics retards.. Hey, BTW 'I'm sorry' from Best of Me is USED!!!
seriously
if your going to insult someone...please do it in a fashion where we can understand what the fuck your saying.

cuse now I think your the retard...not us.
Um... it did make sense. He said "Please. Retards. Hey, by the way, 'I'm sorry' from Best Of Me has been USED!"

But definitely coincidence. It's not like these lines are particularly rare things to say.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
erikj9
Ma Poubelle
First name: Erik
360 Gamer Tag: Erikj9

Post by erikj9 »

grandpa wrote:
samueeL wrote:plz these lyrics retards.. Hey, BTW 'I'm sorry' from Best of Me is USED!!!
seriously
if your going to insult someone...please do it in a fashion where we can understand what the fuck your saying.

cuse now I think your the retard...not us.
haha wtf
antonhansson

Post by antonhansson »

i dont think we can blame sum 41 for getting influences from another band. what band hasnt been influenced by music they have heard over the years?
sum 182

Post by sum 182 »

i thought that too. but i think alot of sum 41's songs have either a lyric, or part, or even the whole song that are very similar parts to other songs. but i think he unintentionally does it, like when they came out his dress style ya totally billies style and even ways he moves on stage are very like the ways billie moves.
antonhansson

Post by antonhansson »

sum 182 wrote:i thought that too. but i think alot of sum 41's songs have either a lyric, or part, or even the whole song that are very similar parts to other songs. but i think he unintentionally does it, like when they came out his dress style ya totally billies style and even ways he moves on stage are very like the ways billie moves.
true, i hear some elements of american idiot in many songs. but what the hell the songs are good :D
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

"cross my heart and hope to die" - All the Time by Green Day, used on live version of No Brains (Go Chuck Yourself) and in the Take a Look At Yourself Lyrics
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

yeah....
One of a Kind of Something
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

n4txO! wrote:"cross my heart and hope to die" - All the Time by Green Day, used on live version of No Brains (Go Chuck Yourself) and in the Take a Look At Yourself Lyrics
Do you realize just how common that phrase is? I've known that phrase since age 3.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

I HATE when people think "Cross My heart..." is from Green Day. That's a nursery rhyme, for christ sake.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

Lmfao. Yeah pretty pathetic to link the two between Green Day and Sum 41......Sum 41 uses the words "The" "At" "So" "And" "Too" "To" THEY MUST BE RIPPING OFF THE DICTIONARY!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

^Bahahahaha!
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

Phili wrote:
n4txO! wrote:"cross my heart and hope to die" - All the Time by Green Day, used on live version of No Brains (Go Chuck Yourself) and in the Take a Look At Yourself Lyrics
Do you realize just how common that phrase is? I've known that phrase since age 3.
I'm sorry... since I'm from Chile, I didn't know the popular use of the phrase
nickday

Post by nickday »

ejk41 wrote:i dont know, personally i think green day sucks .. and i'm kinda tired of hearing all the critics and reviewers say sum 41 are copying off of green day .. sum 41 is way more creative than green day..
Saying that's(creativeness) just plain dumb. Listen to Underclass Hero and then American Idiot back to back. They are virtually the same album. Just each with their own twist to them. Sum 41's track list for Underclass Hero follows the same pattern as American Idiot with a Hard/Hard/Power Ballad/Hard/Soft/Hard/etc pattern. Most music fans and critics alike consider Underclass Hero to be a carbon copy of American Idiot but played with Sum 41 Style
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

^Are you fucking kidding me? If you joined the boards to say shit like that leave NOW.
nickday

Post by nickday »

Hahaha. No, I joined the board because Sum 41 is one of my favorite bands. But saying that Sum 41 has much more creativeness than Green Day, especially with this new album, is a complete lie. Cone's (I think it was Cone. I don't remember exactly) admitted that American Idiot was an album they had on repeat during the writing/recording process of Underclass Hero, and it shows. Underclass Hero is a great album. Definitely Sum's best, but to say that you can't see the resemblance to American Idiot is a joke.
Musically, the sounds pretty much follow the same way:

American Idiot -- Underclass Hero (two hard, guitar driven songs)

Jesus Of Suburbia -- Walking Disaster (Two good, pop punk songs)

Holiday -- Speak Of The Devil (two pop punk songs with strong guitars)

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams -- Walking Disaster(The introduction to the Power Ballad. Also Note, both are very much about loneliness. Dear Father's dealing with a lack of a father figure. Green Day's with a lack of trustable people around)

Are We The Waiting -- Count Your Last Blessings (ok, these don't go with each other)

No, the albums aren't EXACTLY the same, but you can't not see the extreme resemblance.
Both have their power ballads, both have they strong, guitar driven pop punk songs, both have real experimental songs.

I love it how it seems ONLY people on this specific board DON'T see this and EVERYONE else does
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

nickday wrote:I love it how it seems ONLY people on this specific board DON'T see this and EVERYONE else does
This board (at least the biggest part of it) has listened to Sum 41's music about 7 years. We have listened to the same songs hundreds of times, so we can point out Sum 41's uniqueness from other music.

If you can't find exact resemblance, how can you say Sums have lack of creativeness? Of course there's a chance they sound same, but so does lots of bands. Some people can't say if they are listening to Sums, Blink or Green Day, because they might sound same. But like I said, the people on this board have listened to Sum 41 long time, so they can hear the difference.
nickday

Post by nickday »

I've been listening to Sum 41 since I first heard them on the Radio back in '00, and Green Day much, much longer. It's very clear to me who the band's heavy influences per album is, as I've studied music and make music. Most people should be able to hear the clear resemblances between the two. Especially with this album. The more fans (not saying here but, pop punk and punk rock fans in general) broaden their horizon and listen to more than just pop punk they'll be able to hear them.