New Green Day songs played in soundcheck

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

New Green Day songs played in soundcheck

Post by samueeL »

So Green Day have been working their new album (Probably going to be released in late 2011/early 2012)for a while now and recorded demos all over the Europe. So far Billie Joe has commented that they're going back to the roots with the new album. 3-4 Songs have been floating around for a while now, I really like them. tho I prefer "Stay The Night" most, it reminds me of old stuff/Murder City/Letterbomb. What do you guys think?

Stay The Night
Dreamcatcher
Unknown Song
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: New Green Day songs played in soundcheck

Post by Stef »

I also like the first one..

leave me

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

stay the night sounds cool indeed, hope this song will be on the next record
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I kind of like the last one...the first one is good too
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I'm not going to post how much i dislike this band, i just want to say why cant other bands (COUGH, SUM 41, COUGH, BLINK 182, COUGH) treat their fans as good as green day does, what with the non-stop music?
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

the first and last one are pretty good. nothing really really amazing though
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Sumfan wrote:I'm not going to post how much i dislike this band, i just want to say why cant other bands (COUGH, SUM 41, COUGH, BLINK 182, COUGH) treat their fans as good as green day does, what with the non-stop music?
5 years between albums?
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

finglemaster wrote:
Sumfan wrote:I'm not going to post how much i dislike this band, i just want to say why cant other bands (COUGH, SUM 41, COUGH, BLINK 182, COUGH) treat their fans as good as green day does, what with the non-stop music?
5 years between albums?
Only reason was because American Idiot was such a huge success. However its not been 5 years since 21stCB and they hve a broad way play, and are already playing new songs.

Its been 3 since Sum 41's album, and no new song or anything. UH wasn't that big of a success and they wont come off it and just release a god damn single.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?
I was going to say that too. don't forgot 4 years between Warning and American Idiot.
Sumfan wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?
Only reason was because American Idiot was such a huge success. However its not been 5 years since 21stCB and they hve a broad way play, and are already playing new songs.

Its been 3 since Sum 41's album, and no new song or anything. UH wasn't that big of a success and they wont come off it and just release a god damn single.
I don't get how because American Idiot was a success makes it treating fans a good way with the 5 year gap?
[donate][/donate]
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?
I was going to say that too. don't forgot 4 years between Warning and American Idiot.
Sumfan wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?

I don't get how because American Idiot was a success makes it treating fans a good way with the 5 year gap?
Because American Idiot was good enough to last 5 years with no complaints?

I personally think this band is absolute trash, but fans seem to jizz over anything they do.

Also, its been like 10 minutes since 21stCB and they're pumping media after media out, thats what im talking about. Not 5 fucking years ago.
Last edited by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Sumfan wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?
Sumfan wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?

Because American Idiot was good enough to last 5 years with no complaints?

I personally think this band is absolute trash, but fans seem to jizz over anything they do.

Also, its been like 10 minutes since 21stCB and they're pumping media after media out, thats what im talking about. Not 5 fucking years ago.
Fair enough, but if they do release the album in 2012 (my green day mad girlfriend's guess) then it would also be 3 years after the release too. I share you're opinion on their music. I really can't stand them myself.
[donate][/donate]
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Where did they play these at?
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Sumfan wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?

Always?

EDIT: Anyway, I'm really happy they're going back to the roots with this one. I love them, and about anything they put out.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

Jake-41 wrote:
Sumfan wrote:
finglemaster wrote:
5 years between albums?

Always?

EDIT: Anyway, I'm really happy they're going back to the roots with this one. I love them, and about anything they put out.
alright can we stop with the god damn "jackass statement made even more jackass like with a dickheaded son of a bitch question mark" shit?

WAS NOT A SINGLE?
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

In someways I agree with sumfan. There was 4 years gap between Warning and American Idiot, but they released International Superhits! with two brand new songs in 2001 and b-side album in 2002 & Money Money 2020 side project album in 2003 and Compulsive Disclosure in 2003 too, another side project album.

Then there was 5 years gap between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown but during that they released Live dvd, Working Class Hero cover & Saints Are Coming cover & The Simpsons cover and appeared in movie too and another side project album, Stop Drop and Roll!!! which is REALLY good album. + 21st Century Breakdown includes 18 tracks + 4 covers + 2 b-sides. Thats hella of a lot music!

Gosh, their lives seems to be all about music.. :D
Nic wrote:Where did they play these at?
They played them all over the Europe. if I remember right Stay The Night is from Dublin, Ireland soundcheck.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

samueeL wrote:In someways I agree with sumfan. There was 4 years gap between Warning and American Idiot, but they released International Superhits! with two brand new songs in 2001 and b-side album in 2002 & Money Money 2020 side project album in 2003 and Compulsive Disclosure in 2003 too, another side project album.

Then there was 5 years gap between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown but during that they released Live dvd, Working Class Hero cover & Saints Are Coming cover & The Simpsons cover and appeared in movie too and another side project album, Stop Drop and Roll!!! which is REALLY good album. + 21st Century Breakdown includes 18 tracks + 4 covers + 2 b-sides. Thats hella of a lot music!

Gosh, their lives seems to be all about music.. :D
Nic wrote:Where did they play these at?
They played them all over the Europe. if I remember right Stay The Night is from Dublin, Ireland soundcheck.
thank you, sir. my point.

back to green day. i enjoy AI off and on, these new songs are.. well. i enjoy AI sometimes.
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

And lets not forget that now they released a fucking video game too! :D But then again, they posted only two lame video updates when they were recording 21st CB.. But haha then again they played 4 new demos in pirate radio in 2008 but no one record them..

But I've really grown to like American Idiot. Finally I really see how good record it is and the songs work really well if you wanna listen them individually but when you're listening the whole thing through they're even better, that's the beauty of AI. Earlier I was blinded by the singles. I can't even decide my favorite track anymore.. Let's just say that I love them equally, expect She's A Rebel & Extraordinary Girl, I don't like those songs that much.

I wanna know your favorite GD track guyz! I gotta go with She, can't get enough of it. It's masterpiece in every single way.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

She is an awesome song, but i really like J.A.R right now.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Cool songs. I heard that their next record was yet going to be another concept album. I really hope it isn't. American Idiot was nice, but I couldn't follow the story in 21st Century Breakdown.

I agree with Sumfan and Samuel. Sum 41 isn't as bad as Blink though, as they at least put up frequent video updates (whether is has anything to do with new music or not). But all the stuff Samuel said that Green Day has put out since American Idiot is pretty cool. How often does Billie Joe get drunk? I bet if Deryck lightened up on the booze a bit, he'd have a better work ethic. Then again, Billie Joe is a father while Deryck's just single and younger than him.
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Jeremy Kill wrote:How often does Billie Joe get drunk? I bet if Deryck lightened up on the booze a bit, he'd have a better work ethic. Then again, Billie Joe is a father while Deryck's just single and younger than him.
It really looks like he doesn't drink much now days, takes maybe a few beer. When they were in Finland he said that he doesn't just wanna be drunk in hotel room when they have day off, he wants to work. They were 3 days in Helsinki and spend 2 days is studio. He has also quit drugs, expect pot but I wouldn't really call it drug.

Before 21st CB came out they were playing show in Oakland, where they live and he said something like "fuck it we're gonna play all night long, you kids can't even go to school tomorrow... except you Joseph Armstrong"