Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by Lars »

Yeah, and how can they know all of the bonustracks as well if Deryck's still working on songs "that will be a great addition to the album"?

Seems like we're in for a September-release anyway.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

samueeL wrote:Da_Aman, Deryck stated that Skumfuk is official title in FC chat.

Patentti: Deryck stated that Panic Attack is working title in FC chat.
yep

Heather: Can you give us some insight to demo titles we've seen like Panic Attack, Jessica Kill and SkumFuk?
Bizzy: most of those are the real titles. except panic attack. that's a working title.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Gregorovich wrote:I'm sorry but this tracklist can in no way be real. The hell song part two is obviously from an ongoing joke, and the tracks skumfuk sick of everyone like everyone else (all confirmed titles) make no appearance. Also, MY screaming bloody murder? I'm still iffy about the title, let alone the bogus tracklist.
True, I mean Sum 41 always have Japan bonus tracks and UK/Europe bonus tracks.
[donate][/donate]
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Emil wrote: I'd much rather have a 35 minute record that's on top all the way through compared to UH that had a lot of filler. A 50 minutes record needs to be really good if i'm gonna have the energy to listen to it a lot.
yeah like half hour of power, that wasn't even 35. UH as an album was fairly horrible

and also, we've heard demos? or are the demos just that little section with deryck singing that sounded like muse, and one of the songs on a video without any singing?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sounds rad! Especially the Hell Song Part II.

Tried to search some Japanese record stores and label sites, but didn't find any info about the new album.
But the 10th anniversary version of AKNF is apparently coming out on June 23rd, including 2 discs. So my guess is that it includes the original album and some extra material (videos, live versions?).
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Probably the Astoria-concert or something.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Lars wrote:Probably the Astoria-concert or something.
If it does i hope they include the missing songs.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Like what songs?...

Didn't they play their entire HHOP and AKNF-album?

It was once broadcoasted on television right here, back in the days.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:Like what songs?...

Didn't they play their entire HHOP and AKNF-album?

It was once broadcoasted on television right here, back in the days.
Well, the Introduction To Destruction DVD contained only 11 of those 17 songs.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

heh I forgot about this thread :D this is an interesting info man ...Japanese people like Sum 41 very much and Sum 41 seem to appreciate it and they alway reward them with something ...you know like the best off album only for them...but still I don't think they'd tell them the track list of a new record and the new record title ...but maybe ...but didn't they tell us that the new record will be out sooner than September 14th ? :P and with more tracks ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:Those titles sound really standard imo.

"Little things", "Lost in L.A.", "The crash",.. I don't know. Just sounds like someone took them of their updates.
Well, many (me included) criticized that the plain and ridiculous titles like With Me, Best Of Me and Look At Me couldn't be the final titles for the songs, they had to be fake.

To me this sounds somewhat accurate. Last time when we got the early leaked tracklist, only two songs had completely different titles in the final version (French Song, Carnival Of Sins) and few had only minor changes (Count Your Blessings, King Of The Contradiction, Dear Father <Complete Unknown>).

But bear in mind that the Japanese site could've received the early tracklist before Deryck decided to include more songs. So this tracklist doesn't necessarily rule out a longer album. At least I hope.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Lost in L.A.X.?? That would be amazing, please tell me someone else here used to watch LOST
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah and some of the song's titles seem to fit as songs about Avril :P Dumped,Not Dead,Does It Matter or Little Things ...and The Crash will probably be about Stevo's car crash ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:The Crash will probably be about Stevo's car crash ...
No, I think this would be the one they talked about in the last update. Deryck was talking about a car crash in front of his house or something.

And why would he write a song about Stevo's accident? They are avoiding the topic as much as they can.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:The Crash will probably be about Stevo's car crash ...
No, I think this would be the one they talked about in the last update. Deryck was talking about a car crash in front of his house or something.

And why would he write a song about Stevo's accident? They are avoiding the topic as much as they can.
Yeah you're right ...I wrote a shit I wanned to say the crash they talked about in the last update :D:D I don't know why I wrote Stevo's accident ...I was in a hurry :D and sure that they avoid the topic when there was no accident :P
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

You guys realize the Warped Tour starts for them in a few days right? The album is probably already all recorded. Shall we celebrate?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

They said they were mixing songs so I hope they're in miami right now..
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

blackhawk1105 wrote:They said they were mixing songs so I hope they're in miami right now..
Uh, Deryck's mixing in his house. + Recording two new songs.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Lars wrote:Those titles sound really standard imo.

"Little things", "Lost in L.A.", "The crash",.. I don't know. Just sounds like someone took them of their updates.
Well, many (me included) criticized that the plain and ridiculous titles like With Me, Best Of Me and Look At Me couldn't be the final titles for the songs, they had to be fake.

To me this sounds somewhat accurate. Last time when we got the early leaked tracklist, only two songs had completely different titles in the final version (French Song, Carnival Of Sins) and few had only minor changes (Count Your Blessings, King Of The Contradiction, Dear Father <Complete Unknown>).

But bear in mind that the Japanese site could've received the early tracklist before Deryck decided to include more songs. So this tracklist doesn't necessarily rule out a longer album. At least I hope.
That makes a lot of sense. Also, everyone denied relationship troubles between Avril and Deryck back in 2008 when that was the only news about the couple. Eventually, they actually got divorced. So, in conclusion, we the fans really know nothing for sure because where there's smoke there's probably a fire and maybe a little truth to everything.
finglemaster wrote:You guys realize the Warped Tour starts for them in a few days right? The album is probably already all recorded. Shall we celebrate?
Yeah and they've said they'd be playing new material at the Warped Tour, so a new single (to coincide with this) would be really appropriate. I've got some red wine in my room from last Christmas. Maybe I'll celebrate Sum 41 style, drink the wine and listen to Bob Dylan or something.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

i wonder how many of these new songs they'll play live...cos when they came to australia after underclass hero the only songs they played off UH were underclass hero...and maybe king of contradiction but i can't remember it. but i think that was a second leg tour or something, not an actual underclass tour