Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:There will be an album, trust me. It won't come any faster if you freak out.

So please, calm down for the sake of the rest of us.
Wow, so fans can't be excited about being THIS close to some new music? As you said, we waited more than like 20 months or so, so yes indeed, it's exciting and awesome being so close to hearing it.
I didn't say you're not allowed to be excited. I'm excited too, and so are you and most of the others too.

But do I like to see someone freak out and spamming something like this?
Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC! WE WANT MUSIC!
The answer is no. Feel free to express your excitement, but please reduce useless or overreactive spamming.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

What do ya know... no new news today. See ya tomorrow.

Actually I'm not all that excited right now (that would have been 3 months ago)
Last edited by Jesus Christ Supermarket on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Yeah you know, maybe label doesn't allow them to tell fans anything important right now. So why the hell you blame Sums for it? Don't you think they're dying to tell us title, track list, release date & album art?

They have freaking given us 50 videos of their recording sessions and you're complaining? What the fuck is wrong with the people! :D
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

samueeL wrote:They have freaking given us 50 videos of their recording sessions and you're complaining? What the fuck is wrong with the people! :D
The 3 or 4 videos we got during UH recordings were cool to me already. So having an update from every day in studio was something I couldn't believe any band doing.

The Sums are maybe one of the most active bands to interact with the fans, so I'm happy with everything they tell or don't tell us.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:
samueeL wrote:They have freaking given us 50 videos of their recording sessions and you're complaining? What the fuck is wrong with the people! :D
The 3 or 4 videos we got during UH recordings were cool to me already. So having an update from every day in studio was something I couldn't believe any band doing.

The Sums are maybe one of the most active bands to interact with the fans, so I'm happy with everything they tell or don't tell us.
I know right! Sometimes the updates are just them being themselves.
I'm grateful for them giving us so many updates, it's exciting and important to have fans being apart of their excitement for the new album.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The band's been very, very generous with the video updates. Releasing a song on iTunes like they did with March of the Dogs would be the icing on the cake.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Stevo and Deryck talk about one of the songs.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

wow...that was interesting
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

I would point out that Steve looks fine, but this update was just too good to do that. It would be dis-respectful. I can't wait for this album, and when i do get it, i dunno if I'll listen to it. It'll be a very impelling day, and i had nothing to do with it.

And for all you complainers.. Do you really want them to play something new live? I mean, really? I don't want anything until i have the CD in my hands.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Jake-41 wrote:I would point out that Steve looks fine, but this update was just too good to do that. It would be dis-respectful. I can't wait for this album, and when i do get it, i dunno if I'll listen to it. It'll be a very impelling day, and i had nothing to do with it.

And for all you complainers.. Do you really want them to play something new live? I mean, really? I don't want anything until i have the CD in my hands.
I definitely don't want them to play something new live until its released. Sometimes there are these epic performances of their songs live and other times there are average or mediocre performances, which could put off someone's opinion of the song. Then they made hear it on the album and it'll actually be a good song though. It'll just be weird having to hear it live before anything else.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:I would point out that Steve looks fine, but this update was just too good to do that. It would be dis-respectful. I can't wait for this album, and when i do get it, i dunno if I'll listen to it. It'll be a very impelling day, and i had nothing to do with it.

I definitely don't want them to play something new live until its released. Sometimes there are these epic performances of their songs live and other times there are average or mediocre performances, which could put off someone's opinion of the song. Then they made hear it on the album and it'll actually be a good song though. It'll just be weird having to hear it live before anything else.
I reemember when I went to see them way way back, they we're like "We've got this new song right now... It's called We're All To Blame". That was before Chuck was released. Maybe they'll do the same because their is going to be a single out before the album.
[donate][/donate]
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Perhaps they'll just play the new single or a short, heavy song, like they did with KOC.

Pretty interesting update we got there. I'm actually wondering if this is about a new song he wrote, or about one they're currently mixing.

Deryck is mentioning something about a car accident in front of his house. And though I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it, check out this update once more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3IL5PSDc4&translated=1

Press the pause-button at 0:28. Deryck's working on Jessica Kill there, and you can see there's a part that's named 'JESSICA KILL CAR TEST'. Would have been cool if he used a car sound in the background at the beginning of the song or something, just because that car accident kinda inspired him to write the song.

But as I said, I actually don't think it has anything to do with it, but it seemed a cool theory to me anyway.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Lars wrote:Perhaps they'll just play the new single or a short, heavy song, like they did with KOC.

Pretty interesting update we got there. I'm actually wondering if this is about a new song he wrote, or about one they're currently mixing.

Deryck is mentioning something about a car accident in front of his house. And though I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it, check out this update once more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3IL5PSDc4&translated=1

Press the pause-button at 0:28. Deryck's working on Jessica Kill there, and you can see there's a part that's named 'JESSICA KILL CAR TEST'. Would have been cool if he used a car sound in the background at the beginning of the song or something, just because that car accident kinda inspired him to write the song.

But as I said, I actually don't think it has anything to do with it, but it seemed a cool theory to me anyway.
That's a very interesting point you bring up. The only thing that would make me skeptical is the way that Stevo was describing the song, it sounded like it was a slow tempo only kind of song. If it could be mistaken as a song about divorce, then I'm assuming it wouldn't be a fast song and Jessica Kill seems like it would have fast parts in it. But there's too many assumptions to be made for anything to be right or wrong.

In regards to hearing songs live before they're released, it would depend on certain circumstances. Like if I were to go to Warped Tour, then yeah, I'll listen to a new song before it gets released. But if I have to watch a video of Warped Tour on YouTube, then I'll probably not watch it.

For anyone interested, this was the video Stevo and Deryck were watching at the end. Many of you probably already watched it at some point in your life like me. My brother showed me it once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLg_Fl1dRGo
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:In regards to hearing songs live before they're released, it would depend on certain circumstances. Like if I were to go to Warped Tour, then yeah, I'll listen to a new song before it gets released. But if I have to watch a video of Warped Tour on YouTube, then I'll probably not watch it.
This exactly. I was so eager to see them before the album comes out, just experience the feeling of them playing an unreleased song. What would be a better place and circumstance to hear a new song than in a Sum 41 show? I would've loved that!
But watching a low quality video from YouTube, that would just ruin it.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Jeremy Kill wrote: That's a very interesting point you bring up. The only thing that would make me skeptical is the way that Stevo was describing the song, it sounded like it was a slow tempo only kind of song. If it could be mistaken as a song about divorce, then I'm assuming it wouldn't be a fast song and Jessica Kill seems like it would have fast parts in it. But there's too many assumptions to be made for anything to be right or wrong.
Yeah I know, that's why I mentioned that I'm pretty sure it isn't Jessica Kill.

As to your point, divorce could be the theme. Talking about 'dying' or 'getting pulled away from life' could be a pretty good metaphor.
djeesee
Bunkface

Post by djeesee »

I guess that Jessica kill will be the first song on the album just after the intro "thing".
In the update 26, the song that Deryck is recording is the first song that he wrote for the album, and in another interview if you don't mind, I think that he said the the first song he wrote will be the first track on the album.

I would bet anything that THIS song will sounds like we're all to blame with slow and fast melodies through the whole song.

:happy:

BTW sum 41 has removed their latest video :(

And it's my 100th post!
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

wtf happened to the vid
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

djeesee wrote:And it's my 100th post!
Not quite... :winkwink:
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Jesse254
First name: Jesse

Post by Jesse254 »

i can't wait, i think the album will be awesome :glad:
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Wow.. Surprised they deleted it. I bet it had something to do with that ginger kid.