n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Re: Brown Fail

Post by Simon »

They used to say all kinds of swear words during AKNF and DTLI touring as well, but it became this kind of weird put-on act for the audience a few years ago and it's just not original anymore. It was fun for a while but now it seems like they only kept it to appear more bad-ass than they really are. But I guess it's probably just Deryck not caring about changing something that works.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I just wish he'd have some other phrase to call the audience besides "crazy motherfuckers." He hardly said "fuck" during the Sake Bombs DVD from what I can remember. I don't mind swearing, but he kind of goes overboard with it and I feel like "Does this guy have any other words in his vocabulary?" sort of thing.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Yeah, I just wish he'd have some other phrase to call the audience besides "crazy motherfuckers." He hardly said "fuck" during the Sake Bombs DVD from what I can remember. I don't mind swearing, but he kind of goes overboard with it and I feel like "Does this guy have any other words in his vocabulary?" sort of thing.
Yeah, I would love it if he came to Britain and instead of calling us crazy motherfuckers that he call us a bunch of wankers.
[donate][/donate]
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I feel like "Does this guy have any other words in his vocabulary?" sort of thing.
Don't forget the one sincere thing that he's gonna say, which seems less and less sincere each repeated time, although I know he really means it.
- Stevo32

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Yeah, I just wish he'd have some other phrase to call the audience besides "crazy motherfuckers." He hardly said "fuck" during the Sake Bombs DVD from what I can remember. I don't mind swearing, but he kind of goes overboard with it and I feel like "Does this guy have any other words in his vocabulary?" sort of thing.
Yeah, I would love it if he came to Britain and instead of calling us crazy motherfuckers that he call us a bunch of wankers.
Haha, that would actually be amazing if he did that.
Simon wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I feel like "Does this guy have any other words in his vocabulary?" sort of thing.
Don't forget the one sincere thing that he's gonna say, which seems less and less sincere each repeated time, although I know he really means it.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you for buying our records, for coming to our shows... This song... This song's for you!"

-----------------------------------------------------e
-----------------------------------------------------B
-----------------------------------------------------G
-----------------------6----------------------4------D
-----------------------------------------------------A
-----4----5----7---------------4----5----7-----------E
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

LOL, nice touch with the tabs!
- Stevo32

Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

TomiT14 wrote:
I saw Billy Talent live earlier this year. Although their songs are good, it was quite boring to hear them same as in their albums. There was not a single extended bridge, all the talking was between the songs. I didn't like it at all.
they didn't do the extended bridge in Devil on my Shoulder?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Tom fail. Is he ready to leave yet?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

sumfan4 wrote:Tom fail. Is he ready to leave yet?
Are you?
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

kILLDR3n wrote:The best extended bridge is No Brains from GCY, although there's no talking...which we all prefer.
+ 99999. That gave me chills when I first heard it, when I got HLS. The SBAHE version of 'No Brains' is epic sounding aswell but it's a lot slower.

Man...back in the day...good times... :suicide:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

this annoys the hell out of me
accept it that Dave's gone
Dave was great but Tom is great..
Tom sort of saved Sum 41 so stop complaining about Tom
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Well, im not gonna go all hardcore and be like "Tom is the best everz, he saved the band, etc."

Fact is, he's not "better" than Dave, I'm not saying he isn't good, or great, for the matter. But he's not better than Dave. Personality wise, just watch the interviews and shit, he fits in like he's one of their brothers. Better than Dave did, possibly. And that's the best i can about him. And if this whole Dave vs.Tom thing is brought up again, i shall paste this exact paragraph, and post it again. Ktnxbai.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

would you be happier if Dave was with Sums now ??even if he didn't like the music and Deryck once said that he was to only one who never called and shit like this ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:would you be happier if Dave was with Sums now ??even if he didn't like the music and Deryck once said that he was to only one who never called and shit like this ...
Not arguing, but i never said i was not happy with Tom being there. I never said i did not like tom, either. There is just solid evidence that Dave is better at the guitar, than Tom. Also, and i left this out in my last post, he didn't save the band. Even if Tom said no, there would still be a Sum 41, just with a different guitarist.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Okay, even though Dave is a better guitar player and all, the fact is that

Dave Brownsound is not coming back to Sums as long as Deryck Whibley is part of the band.

That's how I see it. Deryck is the only one in the band who doesn't want to talk about Dave.
Also, Deryck hasn't talked to Dave since he left. And Deryck was the one who bashed Dave after he left the band.
Plus, Deryck keeps saying how he loves the freedom to write the songs like he wants, and how he wants to record all the guitar parts himself. Why would Deryck want Dave back?

Dave is gone for good, and there's no way Deryck wants him back any time soon, if ever.
So please, stop whining.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

TomiT14 wrote:Okay, even though Dave is a better guitar player and all, the fact is that

Dave Brownsound is not coming back to Sums as long as Deryck Whibley is part of the band.

That's how I see it. Deryck is the only one in the band who doesn't want to talk about Dave.
Also, Deryck hasn't talked to Dave since he left. And Deryck was the one who bashed Dave after he left the band.
Plus, Deryck keeps saying how he loves the freedom to write the songs like he wants, and how he wants to record all the guitar parts himself. Why would Deryck want Dave back?

Dave is gone for good, and there's no way Deryck wants him back any time soon, if ever.
So please, stop whining.
Actually, your wrong. Deryck prolly talked to Dave that time he did P4P with them at that one show. And besides that, who's whining? I never said i wanted Dave back, nor do i know if all that you wrote is pointed at me. But if it is, let me clear that i love Tom, he's funny as hell, and a really solid guitar player. I just simply pointed out the facts, and all my posts in this thread, have been in support of Tom. :D
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I agree that Dave will not be coming back to Sum 41 at least for a very very long time (Maybe in 40 years time for a Sum 41 reunion or something) but I don't agree with the whole Deryck hates Dave thing. The truth of the matter is that we have no idea, we can only guess. Unless we personally know and hang out with the guy there will be no way of knowing unless one of them goes "Yeah, We hate Dave!"
[donate][/donate]
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jake-41 wrote:Actually, your wrong. Deryck prolly talked to Dave that time he did P4P with them at that one show. And besides that, who's whining? I never said i wanted Dave back, nor do i know if all that you wrote is pointed at me. But if it is, let me clear that i love Tom, he's funny as hell, and a really solid guitar player. I just simply pointed out the facts, and all my posts in this thread, have been in support of Tom. :D
Save your words. By whining, I meant this one, and the user's earlier posts:
Well yeah, they probably had some words when Dave made that guest appearance in 2008.
But in a chat Dave said he talks to Cone and Steve every now and then, but hasn't really talked to Deryck since leaving the band, although Dave has nothing against him.
And I'm just saying how I see this. In every case where Deryck is asked about Dave, the situation gets awkward.
For example in the Deryck chat Heather had for us, there was a rule to not ask him about Dave. Why? Because Deryck doesn't want to talk about him. If everything's alright between the two, why would it be so hard to bring up some memories?

Like Boni said, we can't know for sure, we can only guess. This was my guess.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Well, just to take a shot at Dave, i dunno how you just quit something so monumental such as a band that can manage to sell a million records. This is rare, and once your apart of that, you shouldn't stop. I mean, like Cone said in a 2002 documentary.. "I just couldn't imagine giving up this kind of life style."
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

D doesn't "hate" dave, he just got hurt by him, he felt like dave just quit on them, which he pretty much did. So I guess you could call it tension/resentment instead of hate/anger. dave is a great guy and super talented, but that was kind of a punch to the gut to the guys. Tom is really cool and super talented as well, I think it worked out for the best. Dave is in another band having fun and the guys love Tom.