n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Re: The Sum 41 New Album Thread!

Post by Simon »

blackhawk1105 wrote:in this case it has probably nothing to do with Gil trying to put his stamp on songs because they usually don't change the songs after pre-production..
Okay, but how exactly does that make sense? If they don't change the songs after pre-pro anyway, they could've just kept him around for his actual job. So it seems to be more like the perfect explaination for the opposite (what I said about them only asking for creative assistance): He was beginning to do what producers eventually do and tried to take influence on their music, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they obviously decided it was better to just do it on their own.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

They should have got Bill Stevenson to produce the record. Every record he makes sounds really good, especially the Rise Against records he did, it has nice production but it's not overproduced, and it's kind of raw but not to raw. But most bands in the whole "pop-punk" genre tend to be way over-produced. Case in point, UH.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, Bill Stevenson is awesome. He did Rise Against and Useless ID records and those records are great!
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet

Post by Aaron »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, Bill Stevenson is awesome. He did Rise Against and Useless ID records and those records are great!
yeah and the past couple NOFX albums.
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Only 5 days until Rock In Rio, so unless all the songs are ready to be mixed, i think this record might get pushed back. I just can't wait for the HQ videos from Rock In Rio. Not to mention, the huge crowd!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Gil was there at the recording of the drums.. the 2nd update was the last day of drums..

@Simon

in this case it has probably nothing to do with Gil trying to put his stamp on songs because they usually don't change the songs after pre-production.. and I think that Sum 41 can do it on their own
I'm a little late on this, but I had no idea that Gil wasn't producing the album anymore!
Well I agree. You know The Sums, they like doing everything on their own now it seems.
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

Jake-41 wrote:Only 5 days until Rock In Rio, so unless all the songs are ready to be mixed, i think this record might get pushed back. I just can't wait for the HQ videos from Rock In Rio. Not to mention, the huge crowd!
yeah im pumped to see some videos from there. Ive watched some videos on youtube from rock in rio and the crowd is fucking hugee
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

I'm even more excited to see them perform at Rock am Ring & Rock im Park in Germany. It will be broadcasted on MTV and it's insanely huge.. I wish I could afford going, but it's sold out and even the regular price was like 75€ for a single day (the whole thing goes for 4 days) plus I would also have to pay a lot for the trip itself, which I can't.
I think I remember they were going to perform there in 2004 after Chuck came out, but had to cancel due to the trouble Deryck had with his voice. Let's hope everything goes as planned this time!
- Stevo32

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jake-41 wrote:Only 5 days until Rock In Rio, so unless all the songs are ready to be mixed, i think this record might get pushed back. I just can't wait for the HQ videos from Rock In Rio. Not to mention, the huge crowd!
Unless they change the setlist it's gonna be the excact same show as the T-Mobile show with the same banter and everything.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

but this time with better quality and probably no big balls hitting derycks mic
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Emil wrote:
Unless they change the setlist it's gonna be the excact same show as the T-Mobile show with the same banter and everything.
There is always room for hope and I doubt it will be the exact same. They will likely throw in a different cover or something. And even if it is the exact same show, there is always a chance of something extraordinary or funny happening, like the beach ball incident. I'm looking forward to seeing them again anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.
- Stevo32

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I'm actually quite confident they'll play a new song.

I don't know, I'm just... hoping anyway.

EDIT:

btw: Stevo claimed like a week a go on his Twitter there were only a few songs left to do. So maybe maybe maybe they get it done in time...maybe.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

That would be nice if they played a new song at Rock in Rio, though I think they might just stick to their current setlist they've been using. I think playing a new song in front of so many people would create a "wtf" moment and maybe lose the audience who may only know the singles. Then again, it could have the total opposite effect.

I think they can finish the mixing before Rock in Rio. If not, there's a 5-day window after Powerfest @ Melkweg and a 14-day window after the Caribana Festival. I'm not sure how drastic that will effect the album's release though if they try to finish whatever mixing is left in June.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Just saw the Q&A was updated...this one caught my eye...

skaterboi565
5/11/2010
are you guys gonna release singles for the new album anytime soon?

StevoSum41
We will be releasing some new tracks soon - check back here in the next month or so for more info...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

That sounds weird... "releasing some new tracks soon," rather than just saying a single. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But I'm getting excited because June is barely over a week away!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:That sounds weird... "releasing some new tracks soon," rather than just saying a single. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But I'm getting excited because June is barely over a week away!
But why do you think it took them so long to update it? I'm saying booze, but still some questions I saw were from the 2nd of may, but I never saw them before...
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

it would be awesome if they stayed in the netherlands after playing @ powerfest :happy: I'm seeing them for the second time there! :glad:
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:That sounds weird... "releasing some new tracks soon," rather than just saying a single. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But I'm getting excited because June is barely over a week away!
But why do you think it took them so long to update it? I'm saying booze, but still some questions I saw were from the 2nd of may, but I never saw them before...
Yeah, WHat the hell? I was beginning to think they gave up on the whole Q&A thing. Great news though, hopefully we get some new songs soon, cause I'm so GOD DAMN TIRED OF WAITING FOR THIS FUCKING ALBUM!!!!!!
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

It sure is kind of annoying that it went from late 2009 to early 2010 to summer 2010. But at this point I would even be able to wait until 2012 or 2020, because then at least I know I'd always have one thing to look forward to for sure.
- Stevo32

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm actually getting more optimistic because summer is drawing closer than ever. I am assuming, however, that the album will be released in early August. The month of May is almost over so a new single is just around the corner.